do you like it long and slow, or quick and easy?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
View Poll Results: How do you prefer to cook?
I don't mind the extra time or effort, a good recipe is worth it
36.25%
My time is limited - keep it short!
63.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you prefer quick, easy to prepare recipes that have short ingredient lists?

Or do you like to spend more time in the kitchen, and it doesn't matter to you how complicated or complex the recipe is?
  • There Suzanne, after pondering, I have answered ....
  • Thank you ! I was considering deleting the thread out of embarassment that no one bothered And since you are the only voter so far, we all know you like quickies

There's actually a reason for this post, we are creating some original recipes and want to know how far we should go
  • Thanks It looked like the whole forum scattered off for a minute! Glad you stuck around

I used to search out fast and easy recipes, but never really enjoyed my food. Maybe that's one of the reasons I used to reach for prepared meals so often. Since I've started spending more time in the kitchen and experimenting with foods, I feel like I'm eating a lot healthier.
  • The longer that I'm in the kitchen, the more likely I am to pick at the various ingredients or stages of what I'm cooking. Every minute that I spend in there is dangerous!!!

For that reason I picked quick n' easy. Get me in, get me food, get me out
  • I enjoy...um...cooking.

I like it to taste good, so I am willing to sacrifice time. Then again I am single & don't have to answer to anyone, so there ya go. *shrugs*
  • Wow....let me tell you...this really caught my eye!

But I have to admit...my honey does most of the cooking and he prefers taking the time to cook a good meal. I think he likes to pretend he's a well known chef!!
  • Suzanne, it kills me when you drop bombs. You're usually so unassuming.
  • At the moment, I don't really have a choice! Great title!
  • I had to double check I was in the food forum!!!!!

I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. If I am doing a recipe which will keep me in the kitchen for a while, I chop up some veggies into small dice and keep them in a bowl on the counter, so I can nibble at something "safe".

I do like a good quickie - recipe that is, though, life is too short to the long, slow, intense thing too often - and yes I am still talking about food
  • Both, I'm easy
  • Long, slow, comlicated, and with lots of butter, cream, chocolate or wine is what got me into trouble in the first place. How much trouble can you get into with chicken breast, broccoli, fresh fish, a bit of garlic and some fresh vegies?

I'm a quickie chickie now

Mel
  • Cooking is one of my greatest creative outlets. If I am going to use a recipe, it better be impressive when I am done...and who cares how much time it takes? I do agree with Mel, though...when I am being sensible and sticking on plan, the quick route leaves no room for splurges or justification of no no's.
  • i don't mind a long list as long as it not alot of work and time to cook. ellis where was aviator picture taken? glen
  • Hey, Glen! Toronto, eh?
    The photo is of buildings close to the corner of Sparks Street on Elgin Street in Ottawa.
    No, I don't work for the government.