Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #202 ♥

WELCOME!
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #2  

Smile

Gooooooooooood Evening CER's!!
I sure do hope that this post finds
everyone doing well tonight!!!

Has anyone noticed the DATE today???
05-05-05 Cool!!

*~*~*

Hi Gina, on your weight-loss girl!!!! DOWN 4 lbs... I just bet you have more wt-loss to report by now Keep up the great work!!

Hi Gary, We are FINALLY getting some Beautiful weather here!!! It's 7:00 and 64* right now with the sun just shinning right into our home What a lovely sight!!! And we are suppose to see clear and sunny for at least 3 - 4 days ANNNNND possibly hit the 70's!!! I shouldn't speak too loud, that nasty weather just might hear me & come back in spite

Boy... how nice that both Ryan and Amanda will celebrate graduation together on May 29th (and that is so much easier for you both too - for planning). How many are invited? Is it gonna be HUGE!!!??? I take it that it's all coming together well I think it's gonna freak out your pups to have all those people there !! No?

How was Amanda's banquet the other night? Have fun? What am I sayin'... of coarse you did!

Hey there Gary... did you hear about our New Browns Draft - Kellen Winslow - and his bike accident??? He crashed is cycle speeding and is in pretty serious condition and looks to be OUT for the season... he also has some $$$ to pay back from what the news is reporting! He wasn't suppose to do anything that would put his life in danger (duh). Just wondered if you heard... bet you have!

Thanks Margie!! You were asked on a date???! You never said anything to me Have you set a time and place yet? How cool!!! I am very happy for you Did I read your post correctly... is he walking with you? Cool Beans!

I only did the 52 miles last month because you challenged me to I am a bit behind right now for May... don't know that I will ever catch up to you this time!! I had two days where I just didn't make the time to get out. I just couldn't get out of bed at 5am to go, I have been so tired! How are you doing??? Getting up there I bet! I only have in 6 miles so far

Hi Azulfire, Love the kitty graphic Are you getting up a good collection? What did you think of the site I sent you? I may have more sites to send when things quite down here. Glad to hear that you have found some sites and store with what you needed for your scrapbook Have you gotten any miles in yet?? I saw that you posted a goal of 50 miles for MAY

Have a good time at your Bible Study tonight Sounds like you will

Hi MKay... I REMEMBER AND WATCHED *The Real McCoys* with Walter Brennen --- great show! I loved Walter B's voice, found it so soothing as a child and still do

I was trying to help Azulfire locate stuff on line or at the stores to make her scrapbook is all... YES! I am seeing inches come off, but still not seeing the pounds come off! I have been at the same weight now since DECEMBER! So frustrating

Hi Wilma, Where are those pictures girl I can't wait to see

Whew what a day you had at work the other day... hope it's not quite as hectic now. Bet you look forward to the weekends!!! Speaking of the weekend... isn't it your DS's birthday party this weekend? Hope he has a good time and is able to leave his sadness of his GF behind!

Have you been able to get out for a walk yet?

Hey there Michele, Woo Hoo in losing 2.6 lbs!!! Good Job, Michele!!! How come you haven't changed your ticker? Shouldn't it be 19 down now

I am so happy for you that the Grand Opening went so well and that you had a good time! Sorry to hear about your spinning wheel Was it successful for the business as well?

Glad you are enjoying all the fun siggy's

Hi Rachel... Thanks! I missed you all too!! Very much!! I have a siggy made for you if you'd like It will take a few days though... do you want it with your name?

Hi Jackay!! So good to see you! Belated Birthday wishes for your DS who's 2! Looks like he had a great time!!! Now that's something I do not know how to do --- how did you animate your pics like that? Can you PM me with the directions, please? I would love to learn... Great Disney Pictures!!!! So colorful!

I am so very, very sorry to hear about your dear father!!! You have my prayers for him!!! My heart really goes out to you sweetie!!

Hi Sue, That's wonderful that all went so well at your nieces fund raiser $1.200.00 is great!!!! So... the camper is coming out! Does that mean that summer is getting close --- yeah --- I makes me feel so hopeful, I bet you cannot wait to take your first weekend trip Thanks Sue for the atta-girl Some mornings it's real hard gettin' up to go walking!

Hi Karla, boy do you ever sound crazy--busy girl!!! I remember how much work moving was --- no thanks! See what you get to look forward to Gary?! Moving takes allot out of you! Hope it continues to be successful --- I am so very happy to hear that your DS is doing so well and adjusting to his new home and backyard

*~*~*

Well gang, I have a few more things to get done before I hit the sack tonight... catch you all in the morning Have a restful evening and a peaceful sleep

*Smiles & Blessings*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-05-2005, 10:47 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Thursday

HI GALS

Just finished dinner..I made some great cheddar/jack/onion and hamburger/cheddar/onion enchiladas for Cinco De Mayo...05-05-05.. you are right Donna~cool!

Amanda had her regional tennis finals today...the top 4 in the region go from their conference, they are #3 this year...they won ...against the #2 team...Amanda had a great doubles win 9-7...lost in singles 6-2, 6-2...against a superior opponet...but that was just enough for the team to win 5-4! So tomorrow they play the #1 team in their conference...the #2 team in the nation at the NAIA level...Amanda's team is the #9 team now in the nation...they have dropped this year a few spots.

.....Just got off the phone with a "crying" daughter...seems the coach is pulling her out of her singles match tomorrow...she plays the #4 spot...moving the 5 and 6 up and our #7 in...says we will have a better chance to win....she is pretty bummed out...I told her she hasn;t been winning at singles (because she is playing too high up in the order...she should be a #6 sigles)...anyway...tried to encourage her not to lose focus on the doubles..her strong point...she probably wouldn't win at the singles anyway...still, she didn't want to be dropped.

The Tennis Banquet went well the other night. Amanda received awards from the school, conference and the NAIA for Academic All-American...plus the team is eligible for Academic All-American if they hold on for two more weeks...Almost un-heard of for the team to avg. 3.5 gpa or better. She also received the Sportsmanship award...voted on by her teammates.

SUNNY I was gonna razz you on Winslow..but I thought better about it! Didn't want to rub it in Ryan has decided not to walk with his credential class for social sciences..he is going to go to Amanda's graduation instead..since they are at the same time...and just get pictures with her...he has his gown. That will be on the 14th...the party will have 60 friends and family members +++ whoever the kids invite. As far as the puppies...we have had around 30 here before and they LOVE IT!!!!

Well, Ryan needs the computer for his school...I will send some pictures if I can hurry...

Amanda and I are going to see Lee Strobel...author of A Case for Christ, A Case For Faith tomorrow night...great Christian writer.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SENIORS....Ananda and her doubles partner with their school academic award....girls team...boys and girls team...

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:08 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

AZULFIRE...my ex called me at the match today to see how our daughter was doing...she said she saw someone wave to her!! wink-wink
Old 05-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #6  

Default Hi !

Lateralus- wow! Teaching pre-school- hope your able to get them to pay attention, they have no attention span.
Azulfire- walking 50 this month- you go girl
Karla- pray all goes well in the new home, and that things soon return to normal, and ya get alot of time to enjoy the new yard.
E.Z.- wow, daughter does so much better at doubles, what a good dad helping her feel better, I am sure she knows in her own mind but always nice to have a shoulder to cry on, great record 9th in the nation is still extremely impressive.
Well gotta go pack camping for the weekend, so be back beginning of the week, all you moms have a great day!

Last edited by doitforme; 04-01-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:01 AM   #7  

Talking

Have a Great time SUE!!

*Hugs*
SunnyD
<><
Old 05-06-2005, 09:45 AM   #8  

Default Tgif

It's Friday...It's Friday...Yipee...It's Friday!

Hey there Sunny...I'm feeling neglected without a siggy...but then again I wouldn't know how to do it anyway. I'm glad you are feeling the inches come off. I will be changing my ticker today...down 4 lbs at weigh in last night.

Michele...I have a cribbage board with the pegs out of deer antler.

EZ...sorry your daughter feels bad. Don't you hate giving up the computer? It's only hubby and me...and we each have our own and he hasn't turned his on for at least 3 weeks.

WI last night...down 4 lbs. It must be the devotions and bible study because food wise, I didn't do THAT good this past week. Thank you Lord for your mercy. I prayed for His mercy the other night after a day of horrific eating. So when I got on the scale last night...I knew it was personal and especially for me, his daughter who loves Him and He loves me. Thanks again God!

The computers are crawling today at work via our network, so work will be frustrating today, that's why I decided to come and visit you guys.

Well, I see the Word icon blinking which means it's finally done saving after 5 full minutes.

Hugs to you all!
Old 05-06-2005, 10:02 AM   #9  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

MKay!!! Woohoo! DOWN 4 lbs!!!! You have been giving it a lot of effort, i'm glad it's showing.

Have you seen a few of the new smilies? like and above. Cool, huh.

Sunny~I am starting to lose again but not quite past my original 17 lbs. In the next couple weeks i hope to be changing it.

It's beautiful here today, going to be 75 or so. Had a couple calls last night on the crisis lines. Someone who wanted to talk about her bf, no abuse. Almost annoying, but you have to support them anyway.

I've been fighting a sore throat for a couple daysnow and i didn't have time to have breakfast....but the good news is that I didn't stop for fast food, i decided to get to work and have my knudsen juice, and maybe i'll have my luna bar early to count for breakfast. I work this weekend at the YC, Sat. and Sun.

I want to wish all you Mom's a Wonderful Blessed Mother's Day!!

Old 05-06-2005, 11:52 AM   #10  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Red face

Goodmorning Happy mothers day!!!!

Aww Mkay his mercies are renewed everymorning huh feels good to be loved

doitfoeme Have a great campout dont forget to sing campsongs around the fire

Gary your a hoot when do you move up here? I'am glad you have a great relationship with your x, my stepmom would have a fit and would not let me see my mom .......but all is good

michele elk and deer horn make wonderful buttons it makes knitting look good, my friend was so into natural, she would of made a marvelous hippie, the funny thing was she married a guy who works for a nuculear plant.....hmmm

SunnyD I did find wonderful graphics thru joann fab but it wont let me back in says site is down will be resotred in a hour that was days ago but I did find these wonderful blinkies.....

I did have a great time at bible study, my friend has a laser printer and printed on pretty papaer romans 12:1-2 for my scrapbook pages and I had a pic taken ugh not sure if i want that much truth all at once lol but my friend tammy and i posed together and we agreed we would do it again when we loose 20 now thats truly commited, but like you i feel frustrated about not loosing here i'am walking watching weighing and measuring and I had a 1/4 gain must be something about turning 40 .........loosing weight is not as easy as it used to be you are a

God bless you all lets run to win the prize!

Azulfire
Old 05-06-2005, 02:10 PM   #11  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Sunny -- thanks for making a sig for me, that's really sweet of you. sure i'd like one with rachel on it. thank you!!!

went on a blind 'date' last night. with a guy named beau. he was really, really cute and i totally blew it because all i could do was just smile at him because i could not think of one word to say. it's ok because he's enlisting in a few weeks. i won't even tell you the weird things he said to try to flirt with me (he's from a very small town)...

anyways i'm so tired. i stayed out too late. talk to you all later...bye bye
Old 05-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #12  
Walking Off The Pounds

Cool Yes - TGIF !!

Hi all, boy did I have an unusual day yesterday, Sara fainted !!! at church, didn't find out until after school when she told me, stated she felt fine and went on to tennis lesson after work, came off the court with a bad headache and didn't want to go to youth group (40 days of purpose). Ran by fastfood and got her a big salad and headed to the park, was suppose to meet Fred there after he got off work for a lap or two and then dinner. Well, of course Murphy's law kicked in, took DD to the park with me and I walked a lap while waiting on Fred and she finished her salad and was going to lay the chair down and take a short nap, (instead talked on the phone the whole time). By the time I finished one lap, we had LOTS of dark clouds and a big thunderstorm looming, couldn't call Fred, didn't know his work #, so we waiting around for him to show up, once he got there we sat on a park bench and chatted a while and then I had to just cancel to take DD home. Oh well, perhaps one night next week. . . . long story short, DD felt MUCH better after eating and did go on ballet later.

Then this am she calls from school and forgot all her paperwork for her National Honor Society application, suppose to be in today, NO exceptions! So I had to run home, find everything and then take it up to her at school, - she'll know 1st of the week whether or not she's accepted!

mkay - agree with your TGIF, except I get to work again tomorrow!! Very thankful for my job but 6-day/week the past two weeks is hard trying to catch-up everything and go to church also on Sunday. Hope your computers are working better now. . . perhaps they've had a long week also?

EZ - the enchiladas sound great! DD & I are going Mexican this evening for dinner and probably a movie, it's my Mother's Day present (even though mom gets to foot the bill!) but at least she's planned time with me! By the way, when is the grad party? My invite must have gotten lost in the mail??? You and the kids will have so much fun, - be really tired, - but fun! Way to go AGAIN, Amanda! Sportsmanship Award, Academic honors, you musta done somethin' right Dad! My Sara has about 4 more tennis lessons until we're out for the summer, - kinda looking forward to it ya know?

Sue - Can I go camping w/you? Can I come? Please, please, please?? I'm ready for a few days off. Used to go camping w/Mom, Dad & brothers when we were all younger and really enjoyed it. One of my favorite camping memories was when we camped in the snow! :sman: Had 2 other families w/us and their kids, and all us kids just moved from camper to camper, eating, playing board & card games, having a good time, - not real sure how the parents handled all of us at one time! ENJOY!

Azulfire - My only challenge has been made by SunnyD, you see we kept pace with one another last month, she beat me out by 1, mind you, 1 stinking mile, she at 52 & me at 51. She says we're going for 50 this month and I'm up for it, guess we're going to be counting you in now and making sure you keep pace also ... so how are you doing so far, have you been able to get much walking in? By the way, I love your cool posts, the icons/blinkies, etc. I think they add so much and are fun too!

Mitchypoo/Michele - Love all your cute new icons too - sounds like it's catching on with everyone, keep it up. Hope your sore throat is doing better. The grand opening sounded like fun, have you heard/seen Eric anymore? Don't work too hard this weekend. . . .

HEY - where's all our MIA's. . . MrsSmiley let us know about your uncle. . . momof10/Virginia, are you still walking?. . .MNEWTON, ZOE, SPROUT, GRANDMAWANTS2LOSE-LYNN, DAVOSWOMAN, JANICE, TEEL, SAMI, and all others, our list just goes on and on doesn't it? Anyway, we miss you guys, stop in and say hi when you can.

SunnyD/Donna - Thanks for starting us a new thread, we're going through these like wildfire! Loved the pups and the cute bear, of course I like all bears since I'm a BEARS fan (as in Chicago, da Bears!) Keep up your walking, as you know even a little bit makes you feel better. I walked at lunch today and so far for May have 13.8 miles! YEAH ME! I feel sort of like the tortoise and the hare, seems like I get the running start but you quickly catch up and then overtake me, but that's okay since you're my motivator, keep it up! (& catch me if you can! )

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and a most beautiful Mother's Day to all you ladies - Margie
Old 05-06-2005, 03:56 PM   #13  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Margie~wow, scary about dd fainting. Not scary enough to go to dr? And bummer about your date with Fred, so you met and talked briefly while walking, but did you too decide on a day/time for dinner?

Eric is calling and he is doing better but golf is running his life and i'm not sure he has time for me, but i'm letting the Lord lead me in this. I have a busy schedule too so i understand to a point.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Tgif

HI LADIES

Well my kiddos college tennis is over...what I will see anyway ...they still have their Nationals in Alabama in a week and a half. Not sure what I will do with my spare time? Ron's taekwando?? Lara's games??....always something to do...I am sure she will still play tennis somewhere...but then I am moving away from her...??..time will tell.

She lost 8-6 in doubles today, the other doubles teams lost 8-6 and 8-4....we lost all singles matches but one..(not the girl that took my daughter's spot! in singles!)...but it was against the #2 team in the nation for NAIA college division...finished second in our region...it was just a little of a downer because we have won our region the previous 5 years...but the team that beat us was a much better team this year,...something like 21 and 0...their first region win ever.

I guess the team went to her coach and voiced their displeasure on what he did yesterday...he apologized to them and to my daughter today...all is well...as good as it can be...I made her go to him and tell him she didn't
disagree with his coaching...but the way he handled the situation...the #1 complaint of the team also...hope he learned a little for the next girl...we have had some tough issues over the last 3 years...soooooooo done with that now!!

MARGIEB Why did Sara faint? My son has fainted several times...by being nervous and just locking his knees tight without realizing it...hope ALL is well. Great job on the HONOR SOCIETY!! My nephew received his report card (progress report) yesterday...AAAHHHH 3 D's, 2 C's and 1 B....UNCLE GARY'S DISHONOR SOCIETY!!! I chewed him out so bad that when his friends came to see if he was OFF restriction...I let him go play!! I am too easy! Looks like the "dating" is going as planned Always a STANDING invitation to my parties!!

SUE Hope you have a great time camping this week-end!! That pizzza was great!! What was that "green" stuff anyway

MKAY Great job on the loss. Angie has her computer in her office that I could use...but she was on it..Ryan has a lap-top but HE WANTS TO USE THIS ONE!...for his homework and class lessons he has to make...easier I guess. Have a great week-end with Gary.

MICHELE Golf.."can be"...the other women ....just ask my daughter!...Although her boyfriend is teaching her how to golf.

RACHEL Blind dates can be fun...and not so fun..can't they! Keep trying.

AZULFIRE Angie and I will probably head up that way towards the 3rd week in June...for the summer (for her)...and me...??? not sure if I want to stay w/o her...although there are PLUSES to that ...don't tell her...although she does check in here...oops!

WELL, I need to do some things before my daughter and I head to the christian conference on "SCIENTIFIC proof of Christ!!"....

HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END AND MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Last Tennis Pictures

Here are the last tennis pictures I will put you all through

The line-up today...pep talk....Amanda and her partner...AMANDA on her way home from her "LAST" match (other than Nationals)...the last college one I will see of her

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Closed Thread