Weight, height, clothing size?

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • I am 5'2 and usually wear a 2X top but some 1X's will fit. I started wearing 18/20 pants but 22 jeans are still to tight.
  • Jumping in kind of late, but I thought this was an interesting thread. My weight is@ 296. I am 5'7". I wear a 22 jeans from wherever, 24 size dress and shirt. I used to have an hourglass shape, a little heavy in the rear, but pretty balanced, but my stomach is a little larger than I'd like right now! When I weighted @ 214, I wore a size 14/16.
  • I am 6', 307 and wear a size 24, although I can wear some 22's, as I had some 22W shorts on yesterday. I have friends that have no clue what I weigh. Luckily I have always been able to carry weight well. But I guess that has been my curse, since I allowed it to creep on over the years.

Weight is simply a number that cannot be translated consistently across all people.
  • 5'3" here and 200 lbs.
    I was a steady 16 for a while but have been fluxing between 18/20 bottoms and XL/XXL tops because of my boobs. Really depends on what I am wearing though. Dress pants i can do a 18, but jeans are a 20. Button down tops are and 18/20 (boobs). But since I am only 5'3", it is hard for me to find "fat girl" clothes that fit a short and chubby girl. Everything seems to be made for big and tall, so the W sizes are all wrong for my body, and no one makes misses 18, 20's.

When I was at 145 I was a 12/14
    165 I was a 16 and stayed there until I hit 185/200
  • I was in a size 24-26 (3X-4X) and am 5'3"...
    Now it depends on what I'm wearing...some 20's are tight and some 18's are loose so I just wear what fits....
    I have no bum (a back with a crack my husband says) and a belly.and really big boobs (now a D-42 down from DD 48) so I'm top heavy too...I put my pants on backward yesterday and they fit better
  • Hey new here too.. i am 19 years old.. 5'7.. currrently wieging 148 pounds.. hoping to get down to 135 pounds SOON!..
  • Very interesting...

As for me:
    I weight 176
    I am 5'2"
    I wear a 14 in most pants (sometimes 16), Med in workout pants and underwear
    I wear a Large or XL top.
    I have 38DD boobs that don't fit into any swimsuit in existance!
  • I"m 5' 8.5" and at 175 I was a size M/L on top and 12 on bottom. I went to a size 14 at about 186 and L on top. Size 16 came around 200 and I'm praying not to see a size 18 but only time will tell.
  • As for me, I'm 5' 6.5" and weigh 178.....It all depends on who makes the clothes....old navy jeans are usually a 10/12......L.E.I jeans, even ones that are size 13 won't fit over the gut....shirts are typically the same for me, if it's stretchy i can wear a M, if it's not stretchy usually a L or XL since I'm bigger up top (38D).........I also have an awful gut that won't go away, it's so nasty looking, seems to me that there are a lot of spare tires around here...we could open up our own Goodyear, lol
  • Hey Sorry about yesterday, lol.. what was i thinking? lmfao, lmfao.. i didnt post my status..
    im 5'7, 148 pounds.. in a size 9/10 in jeans and a size small/medium in tops..
    , the way the cloths are made, actually depends on what size you wear.. for instance.. lei's are made a lot bigger than old navy...
    Tru Luvin
  • Im 5'2 and right now Im 203lbs and wear an 18 in pants and a L or XL in shirts. But I have a butt!
  • Hey Ladies

I am 5'2 and now 121lbs and about a size small- 5/6, which is wonderful...but when I was 190lbs I was about a size16+ hard to say I was so thankful for elastic waists!
    Although it is sometimes hard to get cute clothes for a petite person in plus sizes without drowning in them...that I found very aggravating!

Leanne
  • I am 5'2" and currently weigh 155 and wear size 10 pants and Large in most tops (12 if they are sized by number). Both sizes are becoming a little loose but the next sizes (8 pants, 10 tops) are still a bit too snug to be comfortable. I have narrow hips but an ample chest.

While in the 170-165 range I wore between a loose 14 or fitted 12.

At my largest (214) I wore mostly 18's in pants and XL in most tops. However, I sometimes wore larger than my size in an effort to camoflauge my weight (don't try it - it doesn't work!).

I agree with Leanne that the WORST part of buying clothes as a short, overweight person was that plus sized clothing seemed to be geared more towards TALL women as opposed to FAT ones. Very annoying!
  • I am 5'9" and weigh around 260 now. I wear anywhere between a 14 (in dresses or A-line skirts) to a 20 (form-fitting jeans) and a XXL in shirts from Old Navy. It really depends on the make of the clothes.
  • Im 21, 180lbs, 5'7" and a tight 14 pants. Most of my weight is in my hips, butt, and THIGHSSSSSS (Ack!) My thighs are bigger than my waist was 4 years ago. (read signature). We'll see how that changes