Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 43 of 56
Go to
  • Hello 2U!
    Hi, I'm new. In fact, my first appointment at LAWL isn't until tonight but I liked what I read here from you folks and couldn't wait to get started.

I'm soooo appreciative of all the information you all have shared. Thank you so much. I hope I can join in and offer my support, too.

I'm 47 and until about 1990, was fit. Killer fit, man! When I was expecting, I ate for two...and never stopped doing that! My 'babies' are now 16 and 17. I've tended to my chicks and they're both happy & healthy. I think I can do a little something for myself now.

I tried Jenny Craig a few years back and lost 40 lbs., but fixing everyone ELSE dinner, then heating up my lil' something was a bit much for me. I caved. So nice my hub is going to join me at LAWL! He wants to lose 20.

I'll check in often and try to stay on course. Thanks again for this forum.

-Bren

Edit: Half an hour before our appt., we decided to try Alli for a month. We'll join LAWL if this doesn't prove to be a winner. Good luck to everyone!
  • Welcome
  • Nice to meet everyone.

I'm a returning LAWL and 3FC member. I originally joined LAWL in May 2002 at 176 and in December 2002 made it to 147 - I averaged about 5lbs a month, never had a consistent 2lb a week loss, the whole time on Gold with a brief stint on Green. Never made it to stabilization or maintenance, but did maintain at 147-150 on my own until 2004 gained back to current weight of 165 give or take. My center gave me a break on additional weightloss weeks if I came back and I didn't lose the 11 weeks I still had on the books. So that's were I am now. Just turned 44 and I'm 5'6".

Due to work schedule and internet accessibility I can't post often, but when I do I tend to be a little long winded as you can see!

Melissa
  • Hi everyone! My name is Nikki, I live in New Braunfels, Texas. I have two beautiful little daughters and just bought a house. I have a FT job as well as being a student @ the University of Phoenix @ San Antonio. I graduate in January from UoP. I told myself once I was in my house (had it built), I would dedicate myself to losing weight and getting healthy! So here I am! I started LAWL on 6/24/07 and have lost about 10.2 lbs so far.

Anyway, I'm hoping to stay active and stick with this...alongside others that are doing the same thing I am!!
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome Nikki - I'm fairly new too and am so glad I found this site. Congrats on your loss so far - 10lbs is great!
  • Hi Everyone!

My name is Christine and I am a teacher from Chicago. I am the mother of two very active boys, 13 months and 3 years old. I am married to a very active fire fighter. So why is it so hard for me to be active too?
    I have struggled with my weight since I can remember, but my two pregnancies sent my weight way out of control. I have been doing fairly well on LAWL when I can keep my will power going and I am excited to make new friends who are on the program too!
  • Thanks, Katy! I've really been happy with the weight loss but I must admit there are people in my life (my mother mostly) that are making this hard for me! I am SOOO determined though, that I don't care what she says or does to me. Thank goodness I don't live with her during this!
  • Welcome y'all!!
  • Hello, everyone! My name is Renee. Today completes my first week on LAWL. So far, I am doing good. I lost 4 lbs. during this first week. I am a single mom to a precious 8 year old little boy. LAWL makes it easy to cook for both of us... and we are eating healthier. I purchased my groceries today and I have pulled out my food sealer. I plan to weight out my fruits, veggies, and meats and seal them. Maybe this will help with my planning.

The only problem I am having so far is getting in all the foods in a day. At the end of the day, I haven't gotten all my veggies and fruits eaten. I figure it is a learning process and I will get it all straight eventually.

Thanks for all the great information you provide on this forum. Best of luck to everyone! -- Renee
  • new to LA
    Hi,
    My name is Jodi. I have three kids and need to loose the "empty nest" they left behind. (11,9,4) Tried w.w and that worked until I got board. Now my goal is to stick with this.
    So far - so good.
    I am a stay at home mom who works from home as a writer. Nice to meet all of you. Looking for friends...so feel free to say Hi!

I have 22 pounds to loose - I really hope that means 11 more weeks! (lifestyle...lifestyle)
  • Hi!
    Hi everyone! I just found this site and thought - WOW, seems like this is one VERY nice group!!!! I joined LA WL (in Rockford, IL.) in Feb. 07. After 4 children and almost 34 yrs of marriage...and starting of health issues, I decided it was time to "take the bull by the horn" so-to-speak. Tried doing it alone and that sure wasn't working, so that's when I joined LAWL. So far I've lost 32 pounds. The last couple of weeks have been hardest I think, and I'm not sure why that is.....

gosh, hope I'm doing this right!!!

laura
  • Crazi in NorCal
    Hi there! I am new to this site as well as LAWL. I joined LAWL on 7/6 after just feeling so frustrated with myself! I am a single mom of 2 awesome kids. I have a 9 year old son and a 4 ear old daughther. They are the best things that have ever happened to me.
    I have 35 lbs to loose total - which may not sound like a lot but it sure has been the hardest 35 for me! I recently turned 35 and told myself I would not let the weight affect me anylonger so I did some research and joined LAWL. I havent' had much interaction with the center so far so we will see how that works.
    I am a technical recruiter and hire contractors for a large corporation in Northern CA. I have a english bulldog puppy that I just adore and sad but true picked this breed because 1) they are awesome and 2) they don't require a lot of exercise!

I have to sit down and really think about my goals - I know i want to be healthier and happier once the weight starts coming off and exercise will have to be a part of that (YIKES!)

I look forward to support and online friendships and plan on blogging my experience.

Crazikc
  • welcome to all the newcomers.

look forward to chatting with ya.
  • Hi Crazi!!! I have two shih tzu -- another breed not requiring lots of exercise - so I sure understand that one!!!!! Don't know about the kids <G> but your pup is sure handsome/beautiful!

Nice to meet you!!

laura