It's baaaaacckkkk!!! (AI fans--come out!!)

You're on Page 1 of 18
Go to
  • Tonight's the night!

American Idol is back on! They're saying it's going to be "different" this year, in a better way! I'm so glad it's on again--it'll keep me on the treadmill!
  • I'm taping it for my treadmill time

I was really disappointed last year, and swore I wouldn't watch it this year. But here I am again!
  • OMG!!! I've never laughed so hard in my life! Some of those contestants had me crying because they were just so hideous!! Gotta commend them for trying though but you gotta wonder who's been lying to them LOL!
  • I do believe Mary Roach needs to find her some new friends. Ones that aren't tone deaf preferably.
  • Heaven, that woman was posessed lol she was absolutely nuts!! I can't believe some of those people thought they could sing! Now I can't sing or dance but I'm funny as **** at my own expense lol. I don't think that will get me to hollywood though so don't look for me at an audition LOL If I did ever go I would be the one singing opera in a shower cap LOL
  • I haven't watched it but I'm just fervently hoping that William Hung's 'fifteen minutes of fame' are OVER already... Of course I'm sure that the rest of the nation's crappy karaoke singers will be coming out of the woodwork to be the next W.H.! Ai.
  • MrsJim, I think Mary Roach is the next William Hung although she was much crazier and much less innocent the William.
  • I'm not sure that Mary could play a convincing Will Hung. She'd have to have something done with those teeth first. Besides. Will was just naive and well....stupid. Mary is actually psychotic. Did you hear her talking to herself after the show? Though I think she had competition from the 5.9% guy who brought his entire backup choir with him. Good for him that he stopped drinking, but he should have at least waited a while longer to get all of the alcohol out of his system before auditioning.
  • Heaven did you see that song she sang after her audition? That was hilarious you could almost see the demons coming out of her pores lol. How bout that guy that held his notes for like 2 hours! I was so embarassed for some of these people! lol
  • Quote:
    I was so embarassed for some of these people! lol
    I wasn't. I mean, I look at it this way. No one can possibly be THAT full of themself (ie: the hip hop dancer/ballet student/janitor), or that psychotic (ie: Mary) or that so in denial (ie: Mr. Longnote) that they don't see that when Paula and Randy are timing them, when Randy is laughing behind a sheet of paper, when Mark was hiding his laughter behind his hands, and when Simon is looking disgusted and like he just wants to escape that room...that they are making fools of themselves. Kinda reminds me of the kind of people who put themselves on display on Jerry Springer. I used to never watch such shows, but recently, I've taken a bit of interest in Springer. I realize that it is a lot like AI. It shows the way that some people have no concern about putting themselves on public display while looking foolish.

Uh oh...I'm ranting. Didn't mean to rant. LOL
  • Heaven, we don't mind a good rant now and then, especially when you're so RIGHT!!

I've only gotten to watch the 2nd half so far, but apparently, most of the REALLY bad folks were in it. That dancer/janitor--puh-lease--at least pick a song that you know the words to. But I guess stage fright could've kicked in. I felt more sorry for the guy that he was trying to beg $$ from that was actually nice enough to give it to him even after he dropped his bottle.

And Mary. Um, hmm. Psycho is right. I couldn't understand a word she was saying--thank goodness for her "sign language!"

I won't be so mean next time. Yeah, right
  • Two AI threads we are spoilt!
  • Probably cause I abbreviated AI, so it just wasn't caught.

But, I agree, we are rotton
  • Actually, I was the one who missed the 1st thread!!

My computer only shows the last two weeks worth of threads, and I didn't go back that far......Oops!
  • No problem! I'll post in any thread that's talking about it.

I forgot and missed the first show! Argh! I did see the second one though. I spent 6 years right across the river there from the Arch so that was nice to see.

Note to self: AI is ON again! Don't forget!