How do you document your weight loss?

• I was just curious how all of ya'll document your weight loss program...

For me, I have a scrapbook that I started a few years ago. It documents my successes, my many failures, and everything in between. It talks about the different programs I have been on and how quickly they went down the tubes. I'm hoping it will be a good thing for me to look back on in the future and maybe a tool to keep my children from going down the same paths that I have.

How about ya'll??

HAPPY 229TH BIRTHDAY TO THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS!
  • I started writing my stats in a small notebook when i started WW a few years ago. along with writing down all my food for the day. Now I write in it weekly with my weight, and measurements. its fun to look back and see how far you've come. But when I was not losing or gained 1 lbs, i would skip writing in it... denial. i know. lol. but now i'm def. back on track!
  • You sure are! I think your weight loss is great! Congrats and keep up the great work!

I was excited to see that I have lost 2 more pounds.... i wish i could take it off as fast i seemed to have put it on, but i know, patience is a virtue, right? lol
  • I journal regularly, so I just include weight lose efferts and weights there - I like to be able to go back an entire year and see how I have done - currently I am 11 lbs lighter than this time last year!
  • I have a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of my daily weight. I also put my monthly goal in there and I chart the results. I also have a fancier spreadsheet that someone sent me from here that tracks my goal weight, weekly weight, total loss, BMI, and estimates when I will reach goal. It also has a graph.
  • I've only been keeping track since I started SBD. I have an excel spreadsheet I created where I record my daily weight along with notes on what was going on at that time (like TOM, or how many starches and fruits I was eating). I also use a spreadsheet someone on this board gave me that is a weekly one and which predicts when I'll be done. They help me see trends, which is positive!
  • When I started this new WOE I was counting calories and recording the total on paper so I could keep a running total. Now I have a spiral notebook that I use to write down my food choices, plus short notes like TOM or travel, and exercise, plus my weekly weigh in.

About once a month I will put the weekly weight numbers in my excel spreadsheet so I can get positive visual reinforcement and see the wonderful downward (and sometimes level or upward) trend on the graph.

• Oh, excel spreadsheets, thats such a good idea! I don't know why I never thought of that. I'm so ancient with my little notebook. lol. The sound of graphs and stuff makes it so fun!
  • www.fitday.com is a free site where you can chart your weight loss , exercise and food intake.
  • Wow! Thanks for sharing!
  • I have a hand-me-down Palm Pilot that has RMR Diet on it. There is a place for weight and stats and the progress is shown on a line graph, which I find motivating. It is also possible to track eating values on that program, but I use FitDay when tracking food (occasionally, for a reality check.)
  • Thanks for that link 2BFIT1 !! That is a great one!
  • I use fitday.com, which creates a chart of your weight changes over time. I also write down my weight every friday on my calendar.
  • If anyone would like the spreadsheet that tracks your weight loss, bmi, goal date, etc. PM me with your email address and I will send to you.