LOW Point Whole Wheat Bread

• Can anyone please suggest a good tasting, LOW POINT whole wheat bread?? I want to start taking lunch to work so I can keep better track of my points (it's always so much higher when ordering from the deli!).

Thanks!

Debbie M. :-)
  • this is a MUST in my diet
    You have to buy natural ovens bread! I have the stay trim... 1/2 pt per slice... and it is extremly filling!!!!
    www.naturalovens.com
    I have also had their rolls (1pt) and cookies (1pt) You can order online. They are mostly sold in retail store in the midwest. (mostly WI) - I had a chance to visit their factory..

If I did not eat this bread I would not be on this diet!
    Good Luck.

Dana
  • Low point bread
    Orothwheat makes a good whole wheat lite bread. 2 slices are 1 point. Only they are thin, so they tear easy.
  • I like the weight watchers whole wheat bread. It is 1.5 points for 2 slices

ANgie
  • Try Bakers Bread..It is high in fiber and 1 slice is 1 pt..You can get it at any health food store like GNC.. or go to Trader Joe's..they have some great high fiber bread..I find the denser breads fill me up more..Hope that helps...

JODI
  • Pepperide Farm also makes a good whole wheat bread. Two slices for 1 point.
  • Natural Ovens Bread
    Slimdown- I totally agree with you about Natural Ovens bread! I get it in my local health food store- it is a bit pricey but well worth it. My favorite is the sunny millet! so crunchy and hearty. I love their cookies as well- particuarly the carob ones- however I figured them as 2pts- did I do this right?

Food for Life also has a great selection of breads to choose from. The Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain flourless bread is 1pt/slice and very tasty. It is made out of grain sprouts so it has a refreshingly different consistancy. Oh, and they have a gread cinnamon raisin bread for 1pt/slice as well. And, since most raisin breads range betweek 2-3pts/slice, this one is a great find!

Healthy choice makes a good hearty bread and are all 1pt/slice.

My favorite "diet" bread though is the Wonder light bread. It is 1pt/2 slices and is a very tasty selection, however I find it to be lacking in the thick hearty texture that I want for my sandwiches.

I am a "bread" person. It is a weakness for me. I could just sit down with a loaf and nosh like there is no tomorow!!!!!!!
  • I've been using the 123 program so I've been counting the cookies as one point pretty sneaky, eh?

btw.. the bread freezes really well.
  • Lite Italian Bread
    It's not whole wheat, but for those looking for a good sandwich bread that hold up, try the Lite Italian Bread. It makes great sandwiches.
  • Nature's Own
    Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread is 1 point for 2 slices and it is not a wimpy lite bread. It has 3 grams of fiber in one slice which is what keeps the points so low. I have found it in every supermarket here in FL even in Wal-Mart!
  • LITE BREAD
    I live in northern CA. do you know where I can buy the Natures Own bread? Thank you
  • In Canada I buy Presidents Choice Bran bread 2 slices = 1 point! It's very tasty.

Lam
  • I but Trader Joe's "Soft Whole Wheat Bread".
    Per slice:
    70 calories
    2 Fiber
    1 g fat
    I also eats Arnold's light and Orowheat but find this to be MUCH more satisfying.