Why is egg drop soup not Core?

• I am confused. I thought that non cream based soups were core. Yet, egg drop soup is listed as non core. The main ingredients are only chicken broth and eggs. One cup is only 1 point. Could someone please help me understand why egg drop soup is not considered core?

tia,
    k
  • Traditional Egg Drop Soup also has wine and other ingredients added to it - The Weight Watchers recipe is 2 points for 1 1/2 c of soup

Barbara
  • Restaurant egg drop soup also has cornstarch or other thickeners in it which would be non core. It is still low point though.
  • This is a traditional Egg Drop Soup Recipe:

3 quarts water
    9 chicken bouillon cubes
    1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
    6 eggs, well beaten
    1 ½ cups finely chopped green onion and tops

Bring water to boil in large saucepan; add bouillon cubes and stir until dissolved. Stir in soy sauce; return to boil. Remove from heat, add eggs all at once, and string rapidly in 1 direction with spoon. [Eggs will separate to from fine threads] Stir in green onions. Serve immediately.

Makes about 12 cups.

So I don't see why it wouldn't be Core. I know the places I go out to eat use this recipe or maybe add a bit of tofu into it. I am betting it is a typo like some of the other things that have been found and corrected.
  • Thanks for all the help.

k
  • The egg drop soup mix I buy is 0 pts so when I add the egg I still count it as 0 for one cup since eggs are core. HTH