My Intro

• Hi Everyone

I'm 32 years old, living in Falkirk, Scotland. I live with my partner, my son and my dog.

Well, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get serious about losing weight. I've never had the motivation to do it before but I saw how big I am in a recent photo and couldn't believe it was really me I was looking at. I'm usually behind the camera so photos of me are few and far between lol

I quit smoking just over 2 years ago and replaced the cigarettes with food. I have put on more weight than I want to know about. I haven't stood on a set of scales for 5 months but at my last weigh in I was about 250lbs.

I've just started a new job and feel it's the ideal time to start losing weight cos I'm not sitting at home all day stuffing my face constantly. I realise I can't do this on my own so decided to get looking for a support forum and now I've found here.

So here I am. The start of a new chapter and journey in my life. Looking forward to getting to know you and walking the weight loss road together.

Here's to success

Take Care,
    Kosmik
  • Welcome to 3FC, Kosmik! What weight loss plan are you following? I am doing Body For Life. I lifted weights many years ago and forgot how good it felt. Please roam around and make yourself at home!
  • Hi Jennifer

Nice to meet you. I'm starting with Dr Peter D'Adamo's Eat Right 4 Your Type diet. I'm mainly changing the foods I eat to be more compatible with my blood type and cutting down on portions. As for exercise I'm doing Tai Chi and also some toning and strengthening. I'm starting gently to let my body and mind get used to it all. I know if I push myself too hard too quickly I'll just end up quitting before I've really got going.

Take Care,
    Kosmik