Off topic question for Ruth

• Ruth, do you have a farm, or do you work for a park or what? I ask cause I always see your posts about you working in the gardens, and it appears you have someone who helps you with them, so I was just curious if this is your personal garden or a public garden you take care of or what the deal is??

I'm just being nosey, but as a fellow gardener I can't help myself
  • Both! I have a big garden here at home - about 60 x 300 for veggies, herbs and cut flowers out back and several large perennial beds as well. I did the plantings for the Village barrels for the Communities In Bloom project and also did the plantings at our Fairground - beds and planters. I work in my friend's greenhouse from March to mid-June as well. Gardening is my passion!
    This is all volunteer work, by the way, and I love it although I may ***** about it.
  • And she does this all with a sick DH, two pregnant puppies, a bum knee, and the resilient strength of a warrior.

Ruth, you are my hero!
  • Wow Ruth, that's alot of hard work. How do you do it all? I can't imagine doing all that - it sounds like way too much.

But, it will help to keep you in shape, and if I have to exercise I would prefer to work in the garden than do anything else (except walking my dogs).