Daily Check-In

You're on Page 16 of 71
Go to
  • G,day Synn, welcome back good to hear from you, hey you did,nt fall off the wagon you just went visiting to no man,s land for awhile the place where evil food lives and if I,m really honest I know I go there for a few days at times , I hate CHRISTMAS sometimes it can be quite hectic, but then I think of all the things I love about it to like catching up with family and friends, remembering loved ones lost, but still feel them around you , decorations the music the general atmosphere to me that makes up for all the rest of the kaos, we have a hot chrissy here downunder, sometimes I think I,d like to have a white chrissy just once before I leave this planet, we can,t have everything , when I started on this journey to hopefully a new improved me I was bitter I was angry with myself everytime I failed I was my own worst enemy I was so hard on myself and a terrible person to live with it,s a wonder my hubby of 1yr and a half was,nt already filing for divorce , then one day I was flicking through my Australian Slimming mags and I came across this add for this website called 3fc and I have,nt looked back since I,ve learnt from all of you its OK to slip now and again I was given permission to take a holiday from guilt an dto remember I,m doing this for me and at the end of the day if I fall I,m only disappointing myself knowone else , just had some stuff I need to get out sorry for waffleing on which I tend to do keep up the good work BE GOOD bye for now BLESSED BE , JULIE
  • Last check in for today
    Well, I had my lunch for dinner and my dinner for lunch, but other than that, I stuck to my food plan today.
    I didn't walk.
    I went to the health food store and got some expensive placebo for my flu and I'm starting to feel better. I don't know whether it's the capsules or the threat of going to the doctor for antibiotics. Whatever works.

I'm really tired and I stilll have to do the recycling so I'd better get to it. It's times like these that I end up eating the wrong things.

Oh,
    Julie, I am so paranoid that someone I know from my community will read this and I won't feel so anonymous anymore. I'm sure Dave next door is logging on to 3fc Anyway I think that until I lose some of this gut, Roll might be an appropriate name for me.
    I AM feeling pretty pleased with myself, by the way. My diet has been pretty healthy for the past week. No ice cream or popcorn. I don't feel at all bloated. Feels good.
    Gotta get to the trash and then to bed.
    Thanks for the support, guys. Goodnight now.
  • Prisoner Of Weight 166 Checking In
    Good evening everyone, thats OK Roll you sound a happy soul so I guess your right the name fits hope Dave is,nt visiting 3fc he might cotton on anyway just a quick hi from me going to make a and catch up with some studying at 46 brain is,nt what it used to be , what am I saying it was never that sharp anyway I,ve had 5 kids and been married three times these are acts of a sain person anyway you all take care bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

SW 172
    CW 166
    GW 132
  • Good morning
    Hi everyone,
    Welcome back Synn. I've read your posts and I'm glad you're here now. I hope that if I stop posting for a while and take a "vacation", that I'll have the sanity to return. Many pats on the back to you.
    Julie, think your fat is being replaced by heavy muscle?

Maybe if you would just stop exercising, you'd weigh less.

I really didn't want to count calories but I see how it's working for you, Tired, and I've been steered to the fitday.com site and have been keeping track for the past few days. Verrrrrrrrry interesting. I eat too much fat and too much protein, it appears. I love that, at a glance, I can see what nutrients I'm lacking. It makes it so easy.

I'm so surprised at what is happening for me. I'm usually so resistant to "dieting" and you guys have made this fun. I can't thank you enough.

Today's plan:

breakfast--2 scrambled eggs w/ cheddar cheese no butter
    mini smoothie

lunch--tuna salad w/ 1 cup celery

dinner--hmmmmmm---don't know---------------------poached salmon
    with sauteed peppers and salad with avocado

lots of water and tea

No exercise yet.

Thanks again.
  • Muscle Vs Weight Sounds Good To Me
    Good morning everyone hope your all well it,s a bit gloomy here inOZ looks like rain but we really need it , Roll I like your input they do say muscle weighs more so I,ll keep that in mind , exercise less that sounds good too , but they also say you,ve got to move it to lose it , and this is usually said by skinnies who look like they,ve never had a fat day in their life anyway glad your doing good on your cal counting I,m on the WW Points plan I follow their diet and make sure I only have 20 points a day sometimes less sometimes can,t eat everything they say I can have it seem to be working and easy to follow , thanks for your smoothie recipe Tired it is now part of my plan I love it for a quick easy brekkie, sometimes instead of yoghurt I add a small scoup of ww icecream. well thats it for me I,M GOING TO GO ADD SOME MORE MUSCLE NOT FAT AND DO SOME EXERCISE but first I need a to get motivated or maybe if I don,t exercise I might weigh less tomorrow your ideas are putting the in my thoughts ROLL ooooh I,m so easily led bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
  • Bad Smiley day
    Hi,
    I'm pretty much sticking to my food plan.
    I'm feeling emotionally horrible today.
    I'm really feeling sad and out of it.
    Coming up on the anniversary of my husband's death 4 years ago.
    I HATE Halloween. It wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have a child who is, of course, into celebrating this holiday in a big way. Well, I'm thinking that eating unhealthy food will make me feel even worse. I just have to feel the way I feel.
    Wish I could just have a good cry.
    At least I'm aware of why I'm sad, right?
    I think I may need to check in a few times today.
    I also need to use lots of negitive smilies.

Julie, you KNOW that I'm kidding about exercise, right? I know that it's the antidote to so many mysterious problems and ailments.

So far I added some boiled zuccini to my breakfast. Oh no! I'm in trouble now.

I'm reminding myself to chug more water, even though I really don't feel like it. I think water is another one of those "New" miracle cure discoveries. I think it's especially important during times of emotional distress. I haven't had enough today so I just went to get a big bottle to carry around with me.

Long winded enough?

Thanks for listening. (that is if you didn't notice the length and just skip over this)
  • Hi all, thanks for checking in so often. Roll never worry about checking in - do it as often as you like. I really use this site as a crutch and it helps a lot. For example tonight I came home ravenous and full of coffee after my course - I really wanted to chow down, but instead I ate a bit and then got on this site. Then when I read your entry I hopped up and got some water before I wrote back because I drank almost no water today.

We certainly have our good days and bad. Last week I was feeling very, very down as you saw and tonight I'm up again. I can't imagine the pain of losing your husband and I'm sure as the anniversary approaches it hurts a lot. Just remember that you are giving yourself a great gift of getting in shape and being healthy. It will be well worth it as your daughter grows up and you begin to emerge on the social scene again if you haven't already.

Both you and Julie have such great tips.

Today's eating

breakfast - skipped late start
    lunch - salad with turkey no dressing (300 or so)
    dinner - lots of chicken soup/stew - healthy just boiled chicken with water, spices and lots of veggies probably about 500 or so as I ate a couple bowls of it.
    snack - lots of crunchy little carrots - very low cal.
    I may add a smoothie to top it all of tonight. It's a little late but that's the way it goes. I give myself this as long as I stay within the 1500 cals.

Take care and have a good night and good day tomorrow.
  • Final check in for the day
    Hi All,
    Thanks for the kind works, Tired.
    Food- I skipped the salad with dinner but made extra peppers.
    Had "THE" pineapple mango smoothie for desert. Had a nice evening watching math videos with my daughter. This day was not so good... tomorrow is another day, maybe better. I didn't overeat, I checked in, I called a friend, I showed up.

I'm really tired, I didn't sleep well last night. We had a storm AND one of our cats deceided to bathe next to my head all night and his purring kept waking me. I didn't have a chance.

Better get to bed before I get into trouble. Thanks for listening.
  • Good evening everyone I feel for you Roll I can,t say I know exactly how you feel I can,t imagine what its like for you I lost my DAD nearly 4 years ago and my pain is different to what my mum feels , I know you musy miss him but you have a beautiful reminder of himevery time you look at your daughter, and yes I do know your only kidding about the exercise I was being flipant about it good to hear you know comfort food is not the answer and I,m with tired you post as much as you like thats what we,re all here for to lean on each other and motivate not just in weight loss but where ever we need the support Tired good to see your doing well to you are both doing so well in avoiding temptation, HELP, I was naughty today I made hubby a banana loaf today and it was low fat and it smelt soooo yummy and it was still warm out of the oven I couldn,t resist I tol myself it was LOW FAT but I don,t think it was after 3 pieces Roll if the negative smilies help go ahead but I hope to see more of your up tempo ones when you feel better emotionally how is your cold going, well thats it for me GOD I can rave on at times any how night for now be good stay focused BLESSED BE JULIE
  • Good Morning
    Thanks for your support. It really helped yesterday. I stayed on track with my food. I'm still not 100%, physically. I really want to start exercising but I think it would be wise to wait til I'm out of the woods. I have a meeting with my daughter's contact teacher (charter school) and she is one of my eating buddies. We're going over my daughter's progress for Sept. and having lunch. I'll let you know how I do. It's good to have a plan.

breakfast--chicken vegetable soup---it's like a vitamin supplement for me

lunch--chicken, roasted red pepper and provolone cheese ( they'll have this as a sandwich)
    butter lettuce and avocado with pine nuts mild caesar dressing

dinner-----shrimp and cooked vegetables on a bed of lettuce

Lots and lots of water

Julie, I am a serious coffee addict also.
    I have a button on my bulletin board that reads, "coffee is my only friend" Not so. The sun is shining here and I got a good nights sleep. Sure makes a difference. Well, I've got to get ready for the day. Thanks for being here. Hope you find your way over to this site.
  • Lost But Found
    GOOD MORNING GUYS HERE FROM DOWNUNDER, hope your all well, yeah I love my I used to drink at least 20 cups or more a day now I alternate with decafe I have fuid retention and to much does,nt help,good luck with your teachers meeting and I know you,ll stay on track with your eating , I,m not doing to bad so far its only morning and I,m just about to have brekkie a WW big breakfast .

BREKKIE/ SLICE MULTIGRAIN TOAST, POACHED EGG, DRY FRIED TOMATO,BACON, COFFEE, 6 POINTS

LUNCH/ PLANNED TUNA SALAD, ICED WATER, SMALL YOUGHURT

DINNER/ PLANNED SWEET THAI CHILLI CHICKEN AND BROWN RICE

SW 172

CW166

GW 132 BYE FOR NOW BLESSED BE JULIE
  • Hi all. I guess we've moved up in the world to the support groups. Yes, we are a support group. Glad to hear that you're all staying on track for the most part. I've been doing well with the food too. I'm checking in now as I don't want to eat anymore tonight. That's it.

breakfast (huge!) - smoothie (400), small bagel and a little cream cheese (300)
    lunch - salad with turkey (300)
    dinner - frozen Indian dish - tasty but too many cals for the portion (360)
    snacks - a few almonds (70), apple (100)

About 1500 give or take - lots of water. I'm going to bed early tonight. I find when I stay up too late, drink too much coffee at night I get tired and then my will power fades. Good night ladies. Take care.
  • early evening check in
    Hi.

My meeting went well. I had my daughter and my friend's daughter from 12:00 to 3:00 and I tried to get them to engage in educational activities. They just want to have fun. They did both. I stayed on track. I had the salad portion of my lunch with the girls and the chicken later. It's hard, sometimes, cooking for others. When I was toasting the pine nuts and talking with the girls, I found myself wanting to unconsciously taste the nuts to see if they were done. That taste is usually what many people consider a serving. I know why I put on weight. I am trying to catch up on my water intake, now. New habits take a while to take hold.
    I'm not very hungry and I might not have much of a dinner. Maybe soup and green beans.
    Keep up the good work with your eating plans! You're doing great!
    Thanks for being here.
    I Think this is my last post for the day but I'm not committing myself.
  • Hi everyone hope your all well,Tired an Roll you both sound like you had positive days I went OK stayed to the plan I set out for the day, I even did a 10mile walk with hubby took me nearly 2hrs and my legs were sore and I,m so bloated today I,ve been taking the same tablets for my fluid retention for 10 yrs now and I think I need an update they dont seem to be working these days , or maybe I,m just ready to be put out to pasture anyway gives me something else to whinge about other than my weight,well its afternoon here downunder if I get time I,ll check in later this evening , hope you get your early night Tired, I was wondering have you had any you time this week, did you ever get that bubble bath well bye for now BLESSED BE , BE GOOD

REMEMBER WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS AND THIS TIME WE ARE GOING TO

WIN NO GIVING UP NO GIVING IN AND NO EXCUSES
  • Good Morning
    Hi,

This day is going to pretty full. I'm going to have to concentrate on trying to take it easy (in spirit, anyway) because I'm really not completely well yet. I dropped one more pound. That may not sound like much, but the scale hasn't budged for a week. You know how it goes, I lost a lot initially, and now the loss slows down. It's probably better for my body and skin if I lose slowly but it's soooooooo un-american. LOSE WEIGHT FAST!!!! EFFORTLESS WEIGHT LOSS-----NOW!!!!!!

I have to keep in mind how long it took me to put this weight on. This also has to be a life change, not a quick fix.

Right now, I'm not on a strict "diet". I'm just trying to retrain myself. I'm keeping track of fats and proteins with fitday while cutting out all sugar. I go crazy and can't stop myself when I eat sugar. It's just the way it is for me. I've tried to eat it in moderation. It doesn't work for me. I only miss it when I'm dining socially. I had no idea how much fat I was eating!!!!! I had some blood work done a few months ago and my liver enzymes were a little higher than normal. I had it rechecked with the same result. I think it has to do with the amount of fat I eat. We'll see. I'm being checked again next month. Today:
    breakfast- salmon and zuccini

lunch--vegetable salad

dinner--french onion soup and small chicken salad

lots of water and tea

bottle of -unsweetened cranberry w/ splenda, black cohosh,milk thistle(for my liver).

I'm feeling ok emotionally so far today. The sun is shining and I'm glad to have gotten the meeting with our contact teacher over.

I'm still itchy to get some exercise in. Maybe an easy walk....... I'll keep you "posted"
    Julie, that walk sounds awesome. Maybe I need to inlist a walking partner. 10 MILES!!!!!!!!! excuse me for yelling! I have a pedometer still in the package.............
    Thanks, guys.(ladies, women, gals, people)

sw/172
    cw/163
    gw/120