Daily Check-In

You're on Page 10 of 71
Go to
  • Hello Ladies~
    Everything is going well, I got a little off track due to being a bit sad yesterday, but I jumped right back in this morning and have been kicking butt!!!

So today's menu goes a little like this:
    Breakfast was a low carb energy bar (3 POINTS)

Lunch was a Smart Ones meal Santa Fe Rice and Beans (5 POINTS)

and for dinner I am going to have White Bean Chicken Chili don't know what the points are yet....but alas that is a bridge that I will take care of when I get there.

Hope everyone is doing well....keep up your hard work!
  • Glad to hear your back on track keep up the good work just remember to stay focused and thats half the battle bye for now JULIE
  • Good Morning. I hope your feeling better and all is well Synn. It's good to hear from you. I'm just checking in for a little motivation. I'm hoping to get to the gym soon for a 30 minute work out. I'm trying to see the day as sections - section one:ME, exercise, healthy breakfast, section two:work/teaching, section three: family, section four: sleep. It's a long day every day but I'm trying to move beyond that feeling and just try to attack it section by section at a more peaceful pace. I guess I'm trying to live well rather than work towards a good life.

It's so good to have this outlet of women who understand the battle to loose weight and live a good life. I wish everyone joy in the day ahead.

• Hope everyone is well....I just wanted to drop a quick line and let you all know that the breakfast tortillas (recipe somewhere on this lovely site) are slammin'. I used "fake" bacon and eggbeaters and they are absolutely devine. I think in a bit I might convince the BF to go for a walk or something....or go by myself as it looks to be pretty nice weather!

So today was weigh in #3 and I have lost another 2 lbs. Not bad considering I allowed myself to get a bit off track this week. No more of that!!

Well, the water is going good....got 32 oz to drink prior to exercising then I will drink some while walking, and finally the rest will be tonight!
    Keri
  • HI everyone just a quick chat hope that all of you are well I,m doing fine into second week of healthy eating another 1kg or 2lb bites the dust good luck to you all keep up the good work JULIE
  • Great news Synn and Julie - two pounds down for both of you. Synn, just think you're now down 11lbs - I know you're going to last until you get to your goal weight. You'll definately break 300 soon - I bet your clothes are already starting to slip off. Mine are starting to get looser too - I find the exercise is really making a difference with my shape. I try to focus on the mini goals and daily exercise and calories.

good day today
    breakfast: egg on toast (170)
    snack - apple (155)
    lunch - tuna sandwich on whole wheat, lettuce, tomato, pear (about 500)
    snack - almonds, apricots 300
    dinner - mango/pineapple non-fat yogurt smoothie - 300
    daily total - just about 1500
    exercise - 15 minutes eliptical, 15 minutes treadmill

Have a great day! Talk again tomorrow!
  • Hi to all congrats on another loss Syn I know what tired means when she say,s your clothes are getting loose what a great feeling it means your doing something right I,m fine today started good special k with skim milk for breakie and a banana hope the rest of the day goes the same slipped up yeasterday hubbies day off had pizza for lunch have to make up for it today stick to fruit and veggies and salad keep up the exercise girls move it to lose it they say some times easier said than done well bye for now Blessed Be JULIE
  • Hi Julie - I love your encouragement and look forward to your kind words each evening. Funny to be a world apart yet able to spur each other on. Busy, busy, busy day. No ex, but I managed to pretty much stick to the healthy eating.
    breakfast - yummy mango/pineapple smoothie (300)
    snack - apple (100)
    lunch - salad with tuna and a little cheese, small apple (600)
    snack - apricots (90)
    dinner - taco salad, tofuti smoothie (600) (wasted calories the salad was awful, but the choc. tofuti smoothie was really yummy at only 200 calories.
    Total - about 1700 - a bit high, but not awful. Hopefully I'll fit in that exercise tomorrow morning. Tonight I've got an appointment. Take care all. Have a nice evening.
  • G,day tired glad to hear your sticking to the healthy eating,exercise when you can fit it in a day or two missed is,nt going to stop the world from turning or the sun from coming up, sorry salad wasn,t to great next time skip the salad have 2 smoothies instead ,I,m doing fine hubbie just bought me anastasia,s new cd great to workout to well got to go talk to you again tomorrow keep up the good work just remember another day another lost ounce bye for now JULIE
  • Hi Julie, you are so sweet! Thanks for all the wonderful encouragement. The tape sounds great, let me know how your workouts are. Another good diet day, but too many obligations with work and children to exercise. I'm sure I'll manage to get to the gym soon. I hope you don't mind me posing what I eat, just skip reading it if its boring. It's become a habit and if I know I'm going to post it I'm more careful so here goes.

breakfast - whole wheat crackers/pb (300)
    lunch - salad with chicken, cheese and apple (500)
    snack - plum (45)
    dinner - homemade applesause, butternut squash, roasted potatoes, pork - no butter or other sauces. I'm sure that brings me to about 1500.
    ex - none
    food skipped - bagels, cookies, wine

Have a good day!
  • Hi tired,reading what you eat is not boring it give,s me ideas for my own eating plan,dinner sounded yummy so just keep jotting it down I know raising a family and work is hectic there,s never enough hours in the day and even if you don,t have time for a set workout everytime you move, walk around,cooking dinner your exercising good girl skipping those evil bagels cookies & wine if it,s not on the lips it,s not on the hips well have a great day night being downunder I,m not sure where I am but thats me most of the time bye for now JULIE
  • Hey all! I am back, yet again!
    I keep disappearing on you guys for a few days...tis the hectic lifestyle I think!

Anyway, the last 2 days have been easy I had to push myself really hard on Wednesday to even make my minimum points...I ended up gobbling down 6 halloween cookies (3 points each) and a full glass (8 oz) of 1% mild to do it.

I definitely notice that I am eating less and less, yesterday I had a total of 13 points and was totally full...made that wonderful white chili (1 point per cup) and ate that for dinner on Wednesday, lunch and dinner yesterday. As I have had a migraine for the last 3 days (and yes I do take excedrin migraine, not prescribed drugs) and nothing has helped I also lose my appetite. Which in a way works because it helps me save up if I want to splurge over the weekend....heheheh!

Anyway, today I did not even get out of bed until 4:15 pm (thanks to the migraine) so breakfast/lunch was chicken and vegetable soup with ditalini at a whopping 3 points, and water (4.5 cups or 34 oz)

So that is it for now, I will update after dinner.

Hope everyone is well!!! And keep up all your hard work, the only thing that can stop you from succeeding is YOU!
  • Hi Synn and Julie. Synn, I enjoy hearing from you even if it is every few days. I like hearing about your interesting recipes - it gives me ideas. I'm sorry to hear about the migraines - I've seen friends go through it and I've had a couple so I know how painful they can be. Good luck with those.

Glad to hear you are doing well Julie. Thanks again for the encouragement. Pretty good day eating wise.

breakfast - yummy mango, pineapple, banana smoothie (300)
    snack - crummy overripe apple (155)
    lunch - turkey,cheese salad (skipped the croutons, bread and dressing)400
    snack - almonds (170), apricots (90)
    dinner - veggie sandwich and a teeny, tiny taste of pizza which probably brought me to about 1500 calories. I went to my son's soccer game and the kids were all famished so we stopped for a sandwich. I also had a tofutti bar for an end of the day treat. (35). Probably a bit high - I've been saying that a lot lately, but at least I skipped the ice cream, wine, bread at lunch. No ex again, hopefully tomorrow.

Take care.
  • Hi Synn and tired, I feel for you Synn migraines are the pits I suffer from them they can hang around for days which is a real bummer I hope it passes soon I like your positive outlook on the connection with your headache and your appetite it,s good to come to this thread and get such positve feedback and inspiration tired good luck with the exercise maybe tomorrow you,ll find the time you always seem to be so busy, I,ve had a good day eating wise but I didn,t do any exercise either maybe tomorrow I,m feeling a bit blue today so thats about it thought I ,d drop in and say hi it,s good to talk to you all whether its everyday or only once in awhile bye for now JULIE
  • Hi there! My name is Kelly and I am new to these boards. I started my weight loss journey at 156 lbs and am down 20 to 136. My goal is 110 (I am not a very tall person, LOL) This seems like such a good way to keep me accountable. I look forward to getting to know you all!
    So far today I have had 2 packets of Quaker Nutrition for Women oatmeal for breakfast. (I am not even going to mention yesterday's as it was a very off day for me, LOL)