Labour Day Challenge!

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Okay, it appears that Canada's Labour Day and the U.S. Labor Day are the same, but we're going with the Canadian spelling this time around.

So. . . start thinking of ways you'd like to challenge yourself. Try a weight goal, a clothing size goal, an exercise goal, or anything you can think of to do by September 6. And, remember, don't beat yourself up if you don't make your goal--just try, try, try!

I'm setting a weight goal this time. I'd like to be 177 by September 6.
  • My goal is to have lost at least 15 lbs.

If I have lost more then great, but I'll be happy with 15lbs! And for exercise, I want to be fully back into my routine at the gym.

• I am going to make a clothing goal this time. I want to be in a size 14 pants. I'm in a 18 right now. They are starting to fit loosely now. I'm having a really hard time on my tummy. Having children has really did me in. It's hard for me to get it off, so I think this challenge will make me work harder on my stomach.
  • I am shooting for almost goal.. 20 lb loss by then to 147...Then I will only have 7 lbs to go after that!
  • Sheila, I can certainly relate. I get to about 199 and goof up. I am almost there again, and I know this time that I am going to cruise right past it and get lower. We will help you get past it. You can do it!!

Gretchen, I am betting that you might just get to your goal weight by the Labour Day holiday. I'm rooting for ya!!
  • I think this 267-269 is my goof up problem but I AM going to make it over it THIS WEEK, hopefully ...
    My goal is going to be a weight one--253.5. That's 13.5 pounds in 2 months and according to fitday, I'm actually averaging 1.5 loss a week. Woohoo better than what I expected.
  • Im in, and since Im not going to make my 4th challenge, I'll move that goal to Labor Day! So, by Labor Day, I want to be in those size 16 shorts I bought the other night! I want to be in them, and wearing them out, not just SQUEEZED into them, afraid to walk out of the bedroom! Good Luck to every one!!
  • You can do it Amy JO!
  • Ok I'm in. I want to be able to wear the pants that I bought at the same time as the shrits that I can now wear from the fourth of July challenge. They were to tight when I bought them two years ago and I said I would just keep them and lose the weight. Well it never happend. I am close, I put them on the other day and could button them I could not sit down but I could get them on. So I should be in them by September 6th.
  • count me in! i want to be at 220. If I really work, it should happen.
  • I'm going with a weight goal to try to kick start this. By September 6th, I will be at 275 lbs or less.

djs-- love your tag line! did you write it?
  • thanks k!
    no, i didn't write it, but i wish i did ... it's an ani difranco song.
    good luck reaching your labor day goals!!
  • OK, you guys have all inspired me......my goal is a slightly strange one, but I have a major life-change coming up, and I'm worried about how it might effect my healthy new lifestyle......I'm starting a new job on August 2nd, so my goal is to have maintained all my healthy lifestyle changes a month or so after starting my new job.....so that means

- following my eating plan
    - drinking my water
    - exercising 5/6 days a week

Let's see how I do.....
  • Okay, I'm in. I have a weight goal and a fitness goal. I'd like to be down to 205, and be able to jog a whole mile. I've finally had two weeks of loss in a row, for the first time in a long time, and am back down to an all time low. I keep saying I'm ready to knock some more of these pounds off, and now I mean it.

I am planning to try and ski or snowboard again in March, and the closer I can get to my goal, the easier it will be.
  • I just wanted to check in and bring this up to the top. Im doing OK, walked yesterday, and am on my way out the door to walk in a few minutes. How is everyone else doing?