New here with a ? about walking!

• Hello! Hello! I am new here and just had a question to ask of all the walkers here.
    I have just started walking recently. I take my daughters out and we walk about 2 miles/day. Sometimes when I get a chance, I have walked about 3-4. I walk for about a half an hour most of the time, at a very fast pace. When I do the 4 mile walk, I go about an hour. I have notcied some of you keeping track of your June miles. I would guesstimate that mine is at about 7 for June so far.
    My question: Will this help me lose weight?? I know it's hard to answer that outright without knowing anything else about me. I have also switched to drinking about 2 L of water a day and have started to be more aware of what I am eating.
    Has walking alone helped a lot of you shed pounds? I have just glanced and noticed a lot of people have lost a bunch of weight with walking (good job!) I am just wondering if this is from just walking or other exercise. I plan on including weight training next week. I just want to start seeing results.

Thank you so much and I hope you welcome me to your community!
    Kendra
    CW/151, GW 130
  • Yep those pounds will come off with walking. Just because it isn't as high intensity as some exercises ie. aerobics etc... doesn't mean its not as good for you!! Infact I prefer walking as I have an auto immune disease that has attacked my lungs and I'm not able to do aerobics, or running. I am also hypothyroid and a very slow metabolism, walking daily has helped me bump it up! I don't need to take a nap during the day anymore just to make it to bed time!!
    I like Jack have discussed my weight loss with my doctor and I am attacking my weight from all angles!! I exercise, I eat according to the South Beach Diet (which I love!! It is also teaching me how to eat right, and I take a prescription weight loss med) I am at my 25lb loss mark right now with a weigh in tomorrow! I had a 17lb loss last month alone and I attribute it all to working out and eating right!!
    Good luck and Keep moving!!
    Michelle