Newbie looking for advice

• Hi Everyone,
    My name is Nette, I am 32 and a mother of 2. I am currently 222 lbs and 5ft 3 inches. I have tried weight watchers and lost but now I have gained it all back and just can't get motivated with WW again. I was thinking of going low carb, but I am not sure where to begin. How much carbs are you allowed to have each day? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Nette
  • Hi Nette, and welcome !!

I am following Atkins and when I'm good I am at 20 gm of carbs per day. It really depends on what you want to do, I think Ruthie did weight watchers low carb and that was 100 gm or less and then you watched your points as well. I did that for a while and lost good on it but the carb count was to high for me and well it caused me to wanna eat more. W/atkins I don't have the crazy knawing hunger like b/4. I'm still hungry, don't get me wrong but not like up the wall hungry if that makes sense.

There's also the wonderful south beach, sugar busters (but not sure how that works) oh boy, there's so many things you could do.

I hope others have some advice that could point you in the way your wanting to go.

Hugs and good luck !!

Leenie
  • I tried WW but was always hungry. I ended up giving that one up. I now follow Atkins and have lost weight. And I've got to force myself to eat (some days of that are easier than others ). I've heard South Beach is very good also--more lenient in what you can and can't eat. Good luck!
  • I don't follow any book. I just keep my carbs between 20 and 50 a day. I lost 7 1/2 pounds last week which was the first week. I'm sure it will slow down. I didn't do an induction because it alwats made me quit before. I keep a journal on fitday and I don't get hungry. I have more energy and I feel good about this diet...and myself. I have read all the books throughout my life. I have tried every program...their way. I decided to try something...my way. I might just do this thing this time. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
  • I am following South Beach which is really NOT a low carb diet after you finish the first two weeks. In fact, during that two weeks you can eat carbs like legumes. Although you do not need to count carbs or anything, you must choose good carbs and good fats. (I track on fitday and am usually around 100 to 125 carbs and 20-30 grams of fat.)