3 months on SB, new to 3FC

• Hi....I have been hanging out on the fringes of 3FC and doing alot of reading and decided to finally jump in.

My name is Caryl and I live in South Dakota. I am married and have one daughter age 10. I am 43 years old and have been overweight most of my life. I remember going to weight watchers with a friend in high school, back when you had to have liver once a week on WW's. I have tried every "diet" plan there is, and have lost lots of weight, but always gaining it back and more.

In January I kind of half heartedly started South Beach, not really thinking it would be any different than the other diet plans. But something clicked with this one. I haven't had any sweets, potatoes, pasta, rice or white bread since I started. Sweet potatoes sometimes and whole grain bread or Uncle Sam cereal once in a while. I have lost 27 pounds since Jan 12th. Every week the scale has gone down...sometimes only 1/2 lb but other weeks 2 1/2. Always down though. I'm sure I will hit a plateau here shortly, but I have felt terrific. I very seldom have any cravings for carbs. Thank God for sugar free fudgesicles. I do use them to make my sweet tooth happy.

I love the recipes presented in these threads, I haven't bought the new SBD Cookbook yet, I never made the recipes in the basic diet books, so I'm not sure I'd use the new recipes or not.

Well I'll try to keep checking in, I don't get into the internet too often, but I always come to 3FC when I do.
  • Hi Lyrac. Welcome to the beach; you'll find lots of help and encouragement here. Congratulations on the loss.

Jo
  • Hi Lyrac, nice to meet you!

I started SBD the same week as you & have lost about the same amount of weight.

Aren't ya feeling great?!

I agree about those fudge bars!!
  • Welcome
    I started the end of January. Sounds about like you. I've done WW 4 differnet times, Diet Center, LA Weighloss, uh, you name it I've done it. But yes, something clicked here.

Good luck, this is a great place to be.
  • Hi Caryl! Welcome to the Beach!