What is Phase "1.5"

• Hi,

I was just wondering. I assume that it is a cross between Phase I and Phase II?
  • Dani, just add a few carbs, but not as many as you might if you were on Phase II.
  • Dani -

For me, Phase 1.5 is a modfied Phase 1. Although I was physically ready to move on to Phase 2, I was mentally still addicted to carbs. So, I added a fruit here & there, whole wheat bread & oatmeal to my diet.

The cravings have now been reduced to nothing, so I have no desire to add any of the starches back to my diet.

In Phase 2, you can start adding back rice & pasta to your diet, but I choose not to.

Thus, I call what I am doing Phase 1.5.
  • That's what I'm doing now, is a 1.5. Too scared to go fully into phase 2.
  • I call what I do 1.5,too. This just means that I pretty much try to stay around Phase 1, but I'll have a serving of strawberries, or a whole wheat pita during the day, but I haven't had the need to get up to 4 servings a day yet. That's probably because I cheat all the time, but I can't stand having to have quiches every morning when I'm back on track, and I need fruit in cottage cheese....
  • I believe I'm doing phase 1.5 also. Never thought much about it, but I am a real carb addict and I know carbs were my downfall, so I haven't added very many in. And I really don't miss them too much.

I see all these new Low Carb products out there now, but I feel it is better to just avoid some things.
  • I agree with the rest of ya! I guess I am really doing 1.5 also! I am the same way, I mostly stay in phase I with a piece of fruit here and there.
  • Thanks!!! It sounds like a great alternative to both just staying in Phase I and moving completely on to Phase II. Do you guys still see good weight loss results while in Phase 1.5?
  • I lose ~ 2 lbs/week.
  • I have also been doing phase 1.5 but the last few weeks I switched to phase 2 to add some variety but haven't really lost any weight. I've been busy at work and its school holidays so haven't had much exercise either so that may be the cause of it.

I added back in fruit yogurt and have the odd piece of bread or fruit but not everyday. I found that once I started back on these things I really craved them and the weight loss stalled so this is why I created my own version of phase 1.5