New member, with a question about eggs

• Hi! new member here...

I have been doing to first two weeks of SB and am very happy with the program - but have one question. I am so tired of eggs for breakfast! I am in grad school and have class *every* morning at 8 AM (with a 45 min+ commute) and cooking eggs and bacon every morning just isn't cutting it anymore.

Any suggestions?

PS. I am thrilled to have found this board - and am even more happy to know that I am not the only person to eat way more nuts than the books recommends.
  • Welcome, matiabrilliantini! I tend to eat whatever I want for breakfast as long as it's OP. I eat last night's leftovers if they appeal to me, or cottage cheese, or a FF yogurt blended with berries, splenda, and vanilla once I was in Phase 2. LF cheese and lunch meat rollups work too. Include the V8 juice. You don't have to stick with typical breakfast foods; just stick with the plan. Hope this helps.
  • Welcome, Maria.
    Pennywise has said it all. Forget typical breakfast stuff and eat anything. Chili is one of my favourite breakfasts or a bowl of bean soup!
  • Sometimes I just grab a yogurt, a couple of slices of low-fat cheese and a handful of nuts when I can't face cooking but mostly I have eggs and cheese or low fat, low carb sausages with mushrooms or tomatoes. A lot of people on this forum make up quiche cups for a quick and easy breakfast. Just make sure you are having a protein based breakfast. Once you are on phase two and can have fruit I guess you could make a breakfast smoothie with fruit and low-fat milk and/or yogurt. You could add raw egg or egg substitute to get some extra protein.
  • It was so much easier when we could have leftover pizza, wasn't it?
    Lettuce wrap "sandwiches" might work.... tuna filling? c. cheese with herbs?
    YGG
  • Thanks for all the feedback - I am just going to try to think outside the breakfast box in the morning.