A Challenge Devoted to Exercise, Any Ideas?

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Hi all,
    I was just thinking that there needs to be a challenge devoted to exercise, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I enjoy exercising once I get started but my lazy butt doesn't want to get up and I thought a challenge might give me and you a bit more motivation. Of course I'm hoping that better health and a drop of a few pounds will be the result So do you have any good ideas. A goal to reach together, or individual goals, walk across the country together, ideas, ideas, We can come up with something.
    Diana
  • This was brought up along time ago - was thinking maybe there is an interest in this? I would love to have this sort of challenge!!! Anybody interested??
  • I think it's a great idea

How about points? We could go weekly, and assign points for every time we do cardio, strength and stretching...
  • I think that is a great idea, Elisa!! Should we set goals for the end of the week, or what?
  • Diana
    Hey Girl...

I am Baaaaa-ck....How are you doing????

I will accept any challenge you've got....

I just had my baby 3 weeks (tomorrow) and am totally motivated to lose all this weight ...
    I am in a wedding on New years Eve and have to look good!!

Leanne
  • OK so how about this:

You can give yourself 1 point for each of the following:

Daily:
    30 minutes of cardio
    30 minutes of weights
    eating right all day w/o cheating
    getting at least 8 hours of sleep at night.

Weekly:
    one point for every pound lost
    five bonus points if you stayed OP for at least 5 days

My personal goal for each week would be:
    30 points

Any suggestions as to how to reward yourself if you meet your goals? Or as to how to make this competitive? Any ideas would be great.

Sam
  • I like samantha's Idea...points for working out...

which day would be "weigh-in" day?? ( I weigh myself every day so it doesnt matter to me..)

I am totally motivated to work out...I am trying to find the time and this will make me try even harder to work out each day...

Leanne
  • I weigh in every Tuesday.
  • Hi Ladies,

Just came across this thread and would love to join in your exercise challenge if you don't mind.

Right now I do absolutely no exercise whatsoever and I'm totally unfit!! I'm one of these people who has always hated exercise in any shape or form, but I do realise that it's about time I started to do something about it. Years ago as a teenager and in my early 20's I used to force myself to exercise, but as the years have gone by, getting married and bringing up a family, I must confess that I have totally let myself go.

I've recently turned 42, but I feel like I'm 62!! I don't want to waste the rest of my life feeling like this ... I want to get fit and healthy, and look young and trendy, like most of my friends of the same age.

I saw some very 'large' ladies out walking this morning, and this is what has spurred me on to do something about it ... if they can do it, so can I!! As it's been so long since I've done any exercise, I'm going to have to start off slowly, but I intend to start right now. I plan to go walking every day for 30 minutes and build myself up from there.

I'll be weighing-in on Friday, so I'll keep you posted.

Now I'm going to dust off my trainers and get out there!!

Nichola
  • well I hope that it isn't too late to join. I would love to do something like this. Do we check in everyday or wait until we weigh in? Just wondering.
  • Welcome everyone!!
    I think that you should check in anytime you have completed a goal and feel like you need to share it!!

My goal this week is to go to the gym 5 times, I have to be able to fit into a Halloween costume that I bought!!!

What is everyone elses goals this week?
  • My goal is to walk for 5 days this week for 30mins each day ... doesn't sound much, but it will be a major achievement for me if I manage to do it! ... And I will!!

Nichola
  • Hi All, happy to see this thread livening up
    Sam, have you checked your PMs?
    Gotta run, I've had a sick boy for 2 weeks and I'm at wits end.
    Diana
  • Hey Ladies

My goal for this week is to work out at least 5 times, but RUN at least 2 times this week at least 3km each run...( I ran 3km yesterday but I guess that doesnt count as this week does it??)

Leanne

CW 175
    GW 140
    Long term weight 125
  • well my goal this week is to run 3 days (9 miles total) and do taebo for 3 days. I am about to go get one of my runs out of the way.