Introducing Myself

• Good morning!

I found this site by sheer accident. I like the name...too cute!

I've been overweight most of my adult life. (I'm 43). Gained weight with both pregnancies and it's just crept up over the years. I topped out at a little over 200, which is waaaay too much for my 5'-2" frame. I lost about 10 pounds about 10 years ago and have waffled between 175 and 190 ever since.

Seems like no matter what I do, losing weight is a real struggle for me. A few years back I was on Atkins and lost another 10 pounds before stalling for 6 months.

I was finally diagnosed with PCOS almost 2 years ago and my doctor told me to start replacing bad carbs with good ones. So, now I avoid white potatoes and eat sweet potatoes instead, use Splenda instead of sugar and eat whole grains as much as possible.

Right after Christmas, I started on South Beach Diet. I've lost 12 pounds and my current weight is 185.

I probably won't post every day, but I would like to hear from other members who are in a similar situation...over 40, PCOS and what you've had success with.

Thanks.

Mamacita
  • Welcome! As you know, there is a South Beach forum in here. There is also one for PCOS. You will just love this site. It's addictive.