Get - Together Confirmation Needed!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • As the get-together nears, I am looking to get a confirmation of who is REALLY coming. As I make plans, cost may be based on attendees as well as reservations. The hotel is no problem as long as 1 person shows (and that could be just me!!). But other things might matter. And I guess I'll really know when people start booking rooms, but it would be VERY helful to know ahead of time.

Are you...
    1. COMING FOR SURE
    2. PLANNING ON IT, BUT DON'T WANT TO COMMIT

The People who have responded that they are coming in the past are:

AmyJ
    Sheila53 & Sheila's DH - COMING FOR SURE!!!
    boiaby
    SAPF - PLANNING ON COMING!
    mulledk
    rochemist - COMING FOR SURE!!
    jiffypop - COMING FOR SURE!!!
    Jennelle
    gonzostar - COMING FOR SURE!!
    JacobsMommy - COMING FOR SURE!!
    Jillegal - COMING FOR SURE!!
    Slimmingsi
    Suzanne 3FC
    matt_H
    Jenniffer
    Susan (pipergale)
  • 1. COMING FOR SURE
  • Both of us coming for sure--it's Sheila, though.
  • 1. Coming for sure. Unless I get deathly ill or die on the way I WILL BE THERE!

Miss Chris
  • coming for sure!!! i should start thinking about booking tickets. i wonder what time i should try to arrive on friday? what airport is it anyways???
  • Fer Sure!!!!!
  • Planning on it, but cannot commit til I get the job thing settled.
  • The airport would be O'Hare, but if you have to do Mid-way, that would be fine too, it's just a bit futher out.

Heee, I am getting so excited.
  • I've decided to forego the scenery and fly into O'Hare. I love to drive, but don't fancy getting lost and ending up in Milwaukee or somehow managing to drive on the wrong side of the freeway during rush hour. Doing the train would mean taking VIA Rail from Toronto to Windsor, making my way over to Detroit by some means, then taking AMTRAK from Detroit to Chicago - too much hassle. I've flown into O'Hare many times for changeover flights but seen nothing of Chicago except the airport, so it'll be cool to hop in a cab and head for downtown for once! A couple of walking tours sounds great, combining exercise with soaking in the sights of the windy city. Since we probably should avoid "Taste of Chicago", we'll have to find some great little restaurants that serve delicious, yet health conscious, food. I'm sure it won't be too difficult. I guess it's too early to start saving up my WW Flex Points
  • I'll have to print off the cheesecake factory menu and see what they have!!
  • I'm getting excited, and I'm not even going!! I expect lots and lots and lots of pictures!
  • Should be fun!! Be sure that you guys post lots of pictures for those of us who cannot make it to Chicago! Be sure to have enough fun for us too!!
  • i don't want to avoid the taste of chicago! certainly we can eat normal amounts of food and do LOTS of walking?
  • Anyone else????
  • I'm not going to be there. We are driving back to California during that time frame to visit family; it's the only time we can go. My grandfather will be 87 (or is it 88?) years old in April, and this could be the last time I get to see him.

Jennelle