Just started exercising

• Helo everyone
    I have just started on my diet and exercise programme.I have decided that walking is best for me so I have been good and made a start all I have to do now is keep it up. I found a nice walk by the canal that runs down the bottom of our road. Today I saw squirrels. a barge and a swan along with all the crocus and daffodils coming out. So with other things to look at it will be easier to keep to walking. So with a positive start I aim to walk a bit further each day that way I will not overdo things and enjoy my walks as well. Does anyone else go walking for exercise?
  • Hi Paula

Your walk sounds lovely i walk but on a treadmill i don't know why i don't go outdoors oh yeh i do..its because i'd miss my telly hope to hear lots more from you
  • Hey, i just noticed that Suzanne has given us some heart smilies
  • Hi Paula,

I have recently started walking for exercise - i also have two dogs which i walk daily but also go out alone for 20 mins or so each day. Am hoping to join a gym at the beginning of march so as i can also go swimming but it is not worth joining until then as i am going on holiday next week - was hoping to loose 1/2 stone before then but unless the scales are exceptionally kind to me when i weigh later i will have failed to do that hence the addition of extra exercise to my eating plan when i return
  • I am about to go out now and walk I love it and it makes me feel good as well.It is the first time that I have found an exercise that really enjoy I should have done this years ago. Hope you all enjoy your day
  • Congrats on finding an exercise that you love. I like walking but never feel comfortable walking alone unless I have to be somewhere. I love walking with other people though. I walk on a treadmill in the gym but not sure I would be motivated enough to do it at home.
  • I Love walking too and it really seems to have helped my losses - i have stayed stationary for two weeks but having started walking seriously i lost 4lb last week. I am hoping to go again this morning, have built time into my schedule etc but have just looked outside and it looks like it is going to pour down. I also have a bike in the garage which i am hoping to dust down and start using every other day after my holiday but am not sure how i will get on with that - last time i tried it it nearly killed me!

Tracy
  • Tracy, you know what they say "its like riding a bike, you never forget" i've got a dusty one too and i used to enjoy my rides on the 'goose trail' but i sometimes wondered if i'd ever run into a cougar on the trail and more importantly would i be able to peddle fast enough to get away from the bugger i'm going to start using mine again too when i get back