A quickie....question that is!

• Hi all...I need a quickie....umm...question I mean!
    I would like to pan fry some haddock in olive oil this evening...but I usually
    dredge the fish in just a wee bit of flour before I fry...no other breading...
    how BAD would it be to just give the fish a lite coat of flour????
    Are there other better alternatives?
    Thanks,
    Jan
  • January...I have been cooking alot of catfish since I started this...and it has been fine with no flour.

I do add a bit of real butter to the pan..maybe 2 tsps for 2 filets? I season the catfish with Lawry's seasoning or Cayenne pepper (makes it hot, but good) and then let it fry til crispy...when almost done, I squeeze half a lemon over the top, serve and eat!

I would skip the flour, don't think you will need it

Good Luck!
  • How about some ground nuts, Jan?
  • Thanks!
    Thanks Chazmom & Ellis!
    I didn't realize I could do it w/o breading! LOL
    But I am sure a little butter would brown it up nicely! I like it crisp, too.
    I wish I could use nuts, Ellis, I am deathly allergic to every nut except peanuts (probably 'cause they're not nuts!)...I even carry an epi pen in case I come upon a renegade nut in something.
    Thanks for your help!
    Jan

PS: Ellis...in your bio..the Dewhurst/Farnsworth connection....is it Anne of Green Gables?
  • i like catfish, but i have to have it breaded in someway. what i use is oatmeal, noncooked, ground up in a food processor. dredge the catfish through it and it is oh so good.
  • Oh, Jan. shudder. Sorry, hon. What a suggestion!
    And yes, it was Anne of Green Gables. I love both actors anyhow.