What Kind of Music do you use?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello all!!!!

I have just started working out, and I find that the type of music I listen to gets me all pumped up and actually helps me "forget" that I am moving my body repeadedly.

SO, I dug way down deep in the CD collection and blasted Nirvana's "smells like teen spirit" and Broke out my Trainspotting sounds track. There is a song on there tat is 8 minutes long...so that 8 minutes fly by....

What tunes do you listen to to get PUMPED fo work out???
  • Tragically Hip "Nowhere to Here" Album. Don't know if the Americans on the board will know them....but they are HUGE in Canada! Takes me back to my university days when I was younger and angrier....makes me work faster and harder...ROAR! this is the best if I'm at the gym.

I've started to walk and do yoga as my new exercise...so I am listening to "gentler" music. Coldplay is good for walking. Yoga - lovely silence.

No walking today, though....it is -40C with the wind (which is also -40F, by the way)! YIKES! Stay warm Northeasterners!
  • Coldplay Rocks!!!!!!!

Do you ike Yoga? I am afraid that my spare tire would get in the way...LOL
    Yeah, it is -25 here too....cold, cold, cold to say the least.
  • big metal fan and well all things rock but i like to train to dark trance and hardstyle my mates are dj's so i get free mixes
  • I don't listen to music when I walk, I check out books on tape from the library to listen to. It helps to pass the time and I really enjoy it.

Beverly
  • Oh boy do I feel old! I don't think I've listened to ANY of these bands!
  • you must have heard of nirvana the lead singers been dead nearly 12 years. wouldn't you have been mid 20's then???
  • Oh yes, I've heard of Nirvana, just never listened to them if you can believe that. I know, I must have been living under a rock, and I even have teenagers in the house. My tastes run more to Rod Stewart, the Eagles, and (don't stone me) Country Music. What can I say, there's just no accounting for my taste in music!
  • I know the HIP! I used to live in Kingston for a short time - I still love - locked in the truck of a car. amazing song.

when I exercising it's disco baby!
  • Whoooo..... I'll zip my lips! LMAO.
  • Mothergoose i LOVE country and the old rock and some new music too. The only things I dont like is heavy metal, jazz and opera.
  • Julie, I'm so glad to know I'm not alone! I do think Apryl is laughing at us!!

• When I workout I love to listen to that Dance/Euro Pop kind of music because it has such a great beat and such great energy. We have a new station here in the Dallas area that play nothing but this stuff, so I can just change it to that station and go at it

Also that Hey Ya song by Outkast makes me wanna move everytime I hear it. I start of by playing that one just to get me in the move.
  • Whew.... thank goodness, Willow Girl!

Actually, I really like latino music (latino pop, salsa, anything) to get moving to. I also like pop and country and pretty much everything else, just

NO opera, heavy metal, jazz, swing
  • I like country music, too! I am definitely a rarity and I take a lot of hassle over it, but all in good fun. I sometimes use Great Big Sea to exercise with - I adore them - they're a Canadian band from Newfoundland...I don't know how to classify their music...it has some Irish roots to it and it's quick, fun, lively. I also love listening to 80s rock, which I never actually listened to during the 80s. I have a special CD made that has a lot of the 'fun' songs that we always play at wedding receptions and buck 'n does - I like to use that for exercising.