Secret sit-ups

• I thought I would share some New Year New You tips with you all. The most asked questions this week have been about abs work and bad backs, so:

You could add to your core strength by doing standing or seated abs work whenever and wherever you remember them. There are 2 main ones, them belly button tuck and the zip. The zip is easier if you remember the days before Lycra when skin tight jeans did not stretch!

1. Sit or stand tall and pull your belly button in tight - as though aiming to touch your spine. Hold and relax, repeat.

2. Do the belly button tuck then imagine you have a zip going from your pubic bone up into your belly button - zip it up tight, nice and slow, hold it then unzip slowly.

Keep breathing throughout, or people will notice as you turn puce and fall over!!!

Once you have practiced these no one will ever notice you doing them. Unfortunately you will look look a baby with bad gas for a while, until you get the hang of it!
  • Thanks, stef, you always have such good descriptions/directions of the exercise!

I just tried those, and will try to remember to do them often