Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20

You're on Page 8 of 24
Go to
  • Right, my weight is 251.5. I'm in.
  • Hi Girls,

Well, today's the day ... the start of the 'Easter Challenge' I weighed-in at 174.5lbs, which is 1.5lbs up on last week!! I had a really bad week last week and managed to stay the same ... I should have know it would catch up with me eventually!!!

Jo, glad that you're joining us on the challenge

Good luck to everyone, let's hope we all have a brilliant week!
  • Hooray! I am so excited to be on this bandwagon with you gals! This is definitely so much motivation and we are going to be some hot chickies this summer!

I have also decided that b/c lent starts next Wednesday, I am giving up candy, chocolate and hydrogenated oils....which is basically all crackers, cookies (even the lowfat/nonfat stuff has it) and chips and stuff like that. This is going to be really hard, I think I'm in over my head, but I'm gonna try my best! I chose that b/c I read an article and they were discussing how terrible they are for your body b/c you don't have the enzymes to break it down, so it just absorbs into your body..... We'll see!

So there we go! I'll post my results on my signature!

Have a wonderful weekend, ladies. Thank you for being such a source of inspiration and motivation, I really appreciate it!
    -Mari
  • Ok I'll move my goal date to Easter. And what day would that be?
  • Hi Guys!

I weigh in at WW tomorrow morning, so I'll post then.

Lorraine
  • Just thought I'd check to see how everyone's doing so far this week ... but no posts I'm struggling to stay completely on track, but each time I fall off, I pick myself up and start again, don't know if this will help

Lorraine, how did the weigh-in go at WW?

Nichola
  • Hi y'all!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up! I don't know where my brain has been!

Ok, to make sure I have this challenge correctly - THIS week is the first week? I'm all in. I'm going to say two pounds a week (average) because first, it's my TOM so I'm up and will show a woosh next weigh in and second, I have a lot to lose. Two pounds a week should be realistic for me. YAY! I'm so excited!

I'm going to update my sig and my journal and my weigh in days will be Monday because that's just easiest for me.

I'm so glad you guys are up for this! I feel so motivated!
  • Hi Ladies!

So I had to change my foods that I'm giving up....I originally had no hydrogenated oils, but it's in everything, including super-healthy stuff. Also it is found in some things, but it is the last ingredient and the labels say that it is a "trivial amount." It turned out to be unrealistic, so instead I made it no chips, crackers, cookies, candy or chocolate......so just say NO to the 5 C's!

It's going well this week, I'm super excited although have not done one single sit-up, which means I have to do 100 every single day for the rest of the week to meet my goal.

Nichola - stay on track, girl! I'll be more consistent with the posts, I've just been super busy at work.

Brandy - awesome goal!

How's everyone else doing???

-Mari

P.S. I added my 3FC journal profile as my homepage....so if you want to read my journal comments on the Easter challenge, click my name and then click my homepage!
  • Hi All!

Checking in to say I lost zero (0) lbs this week. Zippo. Nada. Niente. My weigh-in on Sunday morning so I still have another week to try again.

Good luck to you all!

Love,
    Raff
  • Mari, I try to avoid hydrogenated oils as well and they ARE in everything! Good luck with alll those sit ups!

Raff, sorry about the zero so far but you know the dull old advice - if you keep up your hard work, the weight will come off. Sunday is still several days away so you've lots of time!

As for me, I'm freezing and someone is coming up to fix my heater so I must go move furniture now. Lovely.

Brandy
  • Hi ladies!

Just wanted to see how you all were fairing on this first week of the challenge. Hope everyone is feeling motivated!

I've done pretty well, been doing my sit-ups and I am SO SORE!!!! It has been pouring rain and hailing this week, so I've been struggling with being inside the house and not snacking all damn day....but so far so good.

Also, people keep bringing cookies into all of our staff meetings....what are they trying to do to me!?!?!?

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keep it up!

-Mari
  • Hi Mari! And everyone else!

Mari, congrats on all those sit ups!

Jo, just realize we're at the same start weight - cool!

I think I've lost right at my two pounds for this week - and two days yet to go till it's "official" so maybe I'll be able to eek out a bonus half pound.

We finally made reservations for our vaca in September - it seems soooo far away, and yet so close in terms of how much time I have to lose weight. Nineteen year old Barbie is still planning to attend. ACK! Also, we have a trip in May involving weddings and a few dress-up things and all I can think is how I am sick unto death of trying to find attractive fat clothes.

And on that happy note, hope you all have a great weekend!

B
  • Hi Girls,

Well done to all of you who have managed to stay on track for the Easter Challenge

Amazingly I have lost 2lbs this week ... expected a gain so I'm obviously very pleased indeed It's given me the incentive to try harder this week.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Nichola
  • Well I've just weighed in at 249, so a 2.5 drop for me....although given past history it'll go up again this week!!!!

Good luck everyone!
    Jo
  • I weighed myself this morning and I gained 7lbs. What a setback! I changed my signature to reflect it.

Congrats to Nichola and Jo on your loss!

Everyone else keep up the good work with the food and exercising and someone needs to tell me when Easter is!

Take care,
    Raff