Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20

You're on Page 3 of 24
Go to
  • I HAVE GOT TO GET TO A WW MEETING THIS WEEK BEFORE I GO CRAZY!

That is all.

Lorraine
  • Raff, you're not the only ones freezing cold ... the temps in HK have plummeted over the past few days ... it's usually so mild, we're just not used to the cold ... I can't remember it ever being this cold in the past 3 years that we've been living here ... last weekend we were BBQing!!

Brandy, good luck with reaching your 10% target ... but if you don't do by the end of Jan, don't worry, because you're doing brilliantly and I'm sure you'll soon be there.

Lorraine, hope you manage to get to a meeting this week ... How's it going? How was your mimi vaccation?

Well, I know it's very early days (Day 2!) but I've managed to stay on plan without any slip-ups ... I really want to do this right ... probably because I'm determined not to let hubby do better than me!!

Nichola
  • Go Nichola!
    GOOD FOR YOU NICHOLA! One day at a time will add up to success.

Now if only I'd follow my own adages. Sheesh. I've decided that my success hinges specifically on going to a WW meeting. I haven't been in over a week...out of sight out of mind. I get so frustrated becasue I know I am capable. Dmmit, I'm more than capable. There is no sane reason that I am this way. I am physically able, intelligent and have a great support system. Everything is going for me....except ME. Arrrgh, so hard to explain. I know I feel better when I eat better. When I exercise. When I lose weight and look better. When my house is clean. When i can find my keys. When I'm busy and excited about life. Instead, I park my butt on the couch or in bed and just lay and think about all things I SHOULD be doing. WHY WHY WHY???

I need a constant reminder that I need to make myself happy. Something I look at that tells me "Do something, anything that will make me happy!" I think WW calls it an anchor. I got a charm bracelet for Christmas...maybe I can find a new charm for it that will remind me.

How is everyone else doing? Mari? Sounds like you're right on track! Welcome back Raff...glad you found us again. Brandy...that 10% will be yours in no time! Dot...what do you do for a living?

Lorraine
  • I have to say that I just love you Gals! I was reading through the posts and looking to see who lost what so I could give my congrats when I realized we all deserve congratulating. No matter what, whether we are up or down on the scale, and now matter how many times it may go up and down we are still here on this forum giving each other support. It shows that we won't give up even though we sometimes feel like we want to. (God I'm sounding sappy)

So I want to say kudos to EVERY one of my buddys on this thread.

Love,
    Raff
  • My, I've missed quite a bit here! Had a lot of catching up to do!

Raff - I couldn't have put it better myself! No matter what our scales have said, I think that we are all on an ultimate motivation high and I think that is as important as everything else! So congrats and high-five to you too!

Nichola - You go girl! One day at a time is fabulous and I hope that you adopt this healthy lifestyle rather than a "diet fad". I am glad your hubby is right there with you! It totally makes a difference, at least for me. My parents both have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so healthy eating is key. A lot of times it is genetically predisposed, so it's important for kids to follow and see the healthy patterns as well. I definitely think about it a lot with my parents and am more conscious. Keep it up!

Lorraine - I am the same way sometimes. I know that I would feel better if I got up, vacuumed, did some sit-ups or what not, and I just sit at the TV. Sometimes, when I think it in my head, I count and make myself do it. I'll think, "I would really feel better if I got up off the couch and did just 20 sit-ups. Okay, one, two, three!" and I MAKE myself get up. Seriously, once it's in your head, just make the task attainable (like if you think you should clean the whole house, minimize it to vacuuming or dusting only) and then count! It's a little cheezy but it definitely works for me.

Brandy - You are doing so well! Keep it up! Even if you don't do it by Jan., you can do it the first week of Feb. and still be my hero!

Dot - Congrats on beating your plateau! Good job showing who's the boss!

Alright, gotta get back to work. This is panning out to be a good week for me as I grocery shopped yesterday with only good choices, and I still managed to get in 7 more miles even though I was on vacation this weekend. Keep it up ladies! We rock!

-Mari
  • Hi girls...sorry I been gone for a while just been going through some stuff, but all is good now. Gotta run but just wanted to pop in and say hi...hope you're all doing goood.
  • Kung Hei Fat Choi! (Happy New Year!)
    No, I'm not late with the New Year greeting ... it's Chinese New Year's Day today (Thursday), so "Kung Hei Fat Choi" to you all. Got a few days off work for the festivities so might not be around much until after the weekend. Will do my best to keep on track ... things still going well so far, but we're out to dinner tomorrow night for the big fireworks celebration that they have in HK, then on Saturday we have a day at the races, including lunch so I'll do the best I can not to over indulge. Hope you all have a great weekend

Nichola
  • Ok. Still not getting notifications of postings. AAAAAAAAARGH! Very frustrating.
  • Kung Hei Fat Choi! Nichola!
  • Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi all, remember me?????

Yes I know, its been months and months since I've been around. Fallen off the diet wagon more times than I care to remember, and made so many 'this is it' promises that never became anything.

Anyway, now I'm well and truly back and going to be losing for good too, although not entirely from choice. I think the last time around I was struggling with depression...well over the last few months my health began deteriorating. First off I was having really heavy constant periods (which the doc thinks is fibroids, so before Christmas she booked me in to have a scan)...the scan will be in March!!! (the joys of a National Health Service). Anyway I felt the depression wasn't improving on ADs.....I was constantly tired, no matter how much sleep I had. Then on top of that I started becoming constantly thirsty.

Went to the docs just over a week ago and she did one test and said 'I know what's wrong....you're diabetic'.

Came as a **** of a shock, I can tell you!

Anyway I have type II diabetes, which means I don't need insulin, but I have to maintain my glucose levels with pills and diet. No more chocolate, no more sweet stuff. I know there are plenty of diabetic foods, including chocolate, but I feel that my lousy eating habits are what got me here in the first place so I am going to avoid substituting the sweet stuff.

I've changed my diet, now it's healthy, with fruit and yogurt as my 'sweet' things. Even cut out the diet coke.

I've been feeling ill while my body adjusts to the changes, I can see the computer screen ok, but cannot read books. That's caused problems as I've had to miss three exams (I'm going to have to battle with the university once I'm feeling well enough to go back).

I've come off the ADs too, because I think what I mistook for depression was the start of diabetes, and to be honest I'm not depressed just tired.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hi. You won't believe the trouble I had trying to find you!!!!!

Hope you're all well.
    Love
    Jo

P.S. Anyone heard from Ali????
  • Jo! YAY!!!! And no, we haven't heard from Ali (does anyone have the addy for her site? Maybe we can ask the lady who shared the site with her? She might have an update?) in ages but it's GREAT to hear from you! So sorry to hear about the diabetes thing but it must be nice ti know what's going on. And good job on taking it seriously. So many people don't. Good for you!

As for me, still eeking off a little here and there - still might make my 10% by the end of Jan, girls! I'm getting closer! Will post my official # on the first day of Feb.

Also, fried my laptop and am sharing with Mark till his new one comes in so I may not be around as often for the next few days. Poor, poor laptop. She was a good old soul...but I guess being on 18 hours a day for three years straight finally got the best of her.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Brandy
  • Welcome back JO. Glad you are dieting it will help a lot with the d2. I have polycycstic ovarian syndrome and my periods are really wacky. I am on gluco XR and its helped a lot. As food plan I am doing WW at home and its worked fine for me.

Brandy- glad you getting there...can't wait for your stats- you go girl! Oh and sorry bout the laptop.

Everyone else take care
  • Welcome back JO!
  • Welcome back, Jo!
    I concurr with everyone, good job getting serious with your eating. I hope you feel so much better!

Keep it up, Brandy! You can get there, girl!

Dot - What's up, girl!? Keep up the WW!

Lots of exclamation points in this post. Sorry. I'm just excited b/c my boy and I are having a cheezy Golden Globes party. We have seen every single movie nominated b/c we are losers like that! Have a wonderful weekend, all!

Love,
    Mari