ARGHHH! I'm a recovering chocoholic...

• ARGHHH!!! I've done so well for the last 2 months will following Atkins and avoiding sugar and all the bad stuff. There has been a HUGE bowl of Halloween candy on the counter right above my desk this week and today it got me!!!!!! Tonight I not only feel like crap from the sugar, but feel like I've betrayed myself! I knew there would be candy (and LOTS of it) at the oofice this week and had planned to avoind it at all costs. Yesterday was easy, today sucked, I'm off tomorrow and hope to have a whole new outlook by Friday!

Don't fall into the trap folks. Be stonger than me. It was NOT worth it.

See you all for weigh in on Friday. Sure hope today doesn't "kill" my efforts in the scale department.
  • I posted this on another forum, but I'll share here, too.

Ok, so since I'm frequently in a situation where I can't control what little evil goodies are lurking around me, I visualize. One of my goals is to have a butt that looks great in a thong, so every time I'm tempted by something, I picture what my butt could look like if I stick to the plan and compare that with the biggest, chunkiest, cottage-cheese looking butt I can possibly imagine. I'm then so disgusted with my negative potential, that I'm usually a little nauseated and have no desire for the little evil - even if it's shoved right under my nose.

Remind yourself of what's really important! Is that candy really worth what it will cost you?
  • Try the Hood brand Carb Countdown Dairy Beverage. It's made from milk with only 3 net carbs per 1 cup. It's Atkins approved. The 2% reduced fat chocolate is very creamy and smooth. YUMMY!!!
  • Davebecca,
    I know what you mean!My kids have all kinds of hollween candy!But I have done wonderful!And I`m so proud of myself!!!But I to am a chocoholic.....
  • Star - once again you're too funny!! But, otoh, what an effective tool for staying away from all the goodies.

I'm going to remember that!!!
  • Love that thought! I wish I'd given thought to a cottage cheese butt before I scooped up those mashed taters last night!

Think I'll go buy me a thong and look at my hiney! That should be good motivation to avoid those carb monsters!
  • I doubt if thongs come in my size but I wouldn't have to buy one to know how my rear would look in one. I just have to check my backside out bare nekkid because I know the thong would totally disappear anyhow.
    I'm a chocoholic too. If it's anywhere in the vicinity, it literally calls my name. It's very insistent. I can even OD on the low carb chocolate which I did the other day. Only the memory of the awful case of gas is keeping me away from my frozen stash.
  • Of note -
    Beware of supposedly "low carb" chocolate. I read an article on sugar alcohols on the atkins board that contends that the "low carb" label is missleading. The basic premise is that while sugar alcohols do not affect blood sugar levels, they are metabolized by the body. We don't count fiber in carbs because it isn't metabolized, but anything that is should be counted. After reading this horrifying and disappointing news, I cut out all sugar alcohols and dropped 10 pounds in two weeks. I don't know if it's like that for everyone, but it definitely had an effect on me!

When I MUST have chocolate, I get Soy Slender chocolate soy milk. Chocolatey goodness and only one gram of carbs per 8 ounces - sweetened with splenda
  • SP, the sugar alcohols effect me the same way.
  • OK, I'm back under control. Had 5 rough days, but Monday I was back on track and don't plan on being run over again any time soon!

Michelle