party planning 101

• Hey girls....with the holidays coming (and a party to go to tonight) what are some of your tips for attending a successful party in resisting all those non-Atkins appetizers?

I came home from cruising the aisles of Costco and picked up some hummus and shrimp/crab dip. The crab dip has very few carbs per serving and I think rather than eating it with crackers will serve it with some celery sticks. Cubes of cheese would also be good and I plan on also a shrimp ring. Any other ideas?
  • I'm the experimental type and have found the marinating sea scallops in something terriyaki tasing (like soy sauce), then wrapping them in uncooked bacon, skewering with a toothpick (holds the bacon in place, too) and then grilling or broiling them is a great appetizer. If you're wary of scallops, pieces of chicken breast work nicely too.
  • Before going to any outings now where I might be tempted, I eat some higher fat food (like mozarella) and also some sf jello which tends to really fill me up. By doing this, I can get away with maybe one or 2 bites from a table filled with delicous appetizers.
    Let's hope I can keep this up through New Years!
  • oh yeah.....
    Thanks StarPrincess.....that is an old standby of mine....I completely forgot about that one and its so easy and gets rave reviews!!!