Fitday

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Who else here uses Fitday ??
  • every now and then
    i have used it, but rarely do, as it seems to take so much time. i check up on myself every now and then with it. it is a great tool, if you don't mind the effort.
  • I'd be lost with out it !

#1 fan
  • I do!!

I could'nt managed without it either!!
  • I use it religiously...helps keep me on track...I also use it for weight goals...and the "reports" are on where my calories are - you can request past week, past 2 weeks and monthly and this provides averages on calories, fat, carbs etc....very interesting to monitor this!

Froufy
  • I do, and you can see it with the link below. Be warned, been awful past 5 days, trying to break a plateau. Nothing like a little public accountability. I track the food but not the activities.
  • I use it religiously too! I couldnt do atkins without it!
  • I couldnt do Atkins without it either. By tracking my food and weight, I know exactly what my patterns are and I can see whether or not I'm getting too much or too little of something and when I bungie jump up and down by a few pounds, then go down lower, I can see that is a pattern for my body and relax.

I wonder how many low carbers don't use it???
  • I don't use it anymore. I always found it was a hassle, too much time to write down everything I ate, then log it into the program. Now, I just keep it written down as I eat it, then I get no surprises at the end of the day.
  • Sherrie, whatever works for you is great - the key is recording it and not letting those carbs creep up.
  • I also record it in my desk calander. I try to keep track as I go or as soon as I get home and back to my calander. That way I know where I am throughout the day. I also record my exercise there.

I really think whatever system works is great as long as we keep track. Atkins.com also has a journal that is easy to use also.

Dinki
  • as i stated earlier, i don't usually use it, just because it seems to take so much time. i just keep a mental tally of my carbs. it seems to be working fine for me. i have to keep things simple or i'll end up not doing it at all. i'm determined to reach my goal of 145 this time.
  • I use it sometimes but I agree it is too much of a hassle. I use the Atkins one to keep track sometimes but mostly I use an Excel spead sheet that I created to plan out my menu for the week. It totals up each meal and the total for the day so I can tell exactly how many net carbs I am having that day. Each day when I come into work I update it if needed. I found that with FitDay I was seeing SO MUCH fat intake that it was bothering me too much. With the program that I created I can just see what I need.

I do find that if you write it down it does help you keep on track.
  • I just tried using Fitday for the first time today. It took quite awhile to get everything inputted, and I had a hard time finding some items. And, some carb counts seem to be much different than what I expected. I thought eggs had very low or no carbs. I was shocked when I entered them into Fitday. Did I maybe choose the wrong item or do they really have quite a few carbs? I assumed they had little or no carbs since they are allowed liberally during induction.

Thanks,
    Jina
  • Make sure you are using the pull down menu to the right of the quantity to get the right amount. 1 large egg should be 0.6 carbs. The problem is Fitday rounds up or down...so if a food is .8 it comes up as one carb...and if it .4, it rounds down to zero.

Also make sure you have requested that your fibre intake be tracked...this appears in the top box with the other info on cals/fat/protein etc. You will have to subtract this number from the total carbs yourself, as Fitday does not do this for you.

Froufy