Old 09-29-2005, 11:22 PM   #1  
redhead veggie

Default FitDay.com -- who uses it, too?

I'm on FitDay, I still am trying to balance my diet... I was just wondering if you guys could put links on for yours to be a reference for all of us.

Especially the big losers on here! That'd be a real inspiration, and awesome to see what you guys eat and how it works.
superchar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:28 PM   #2  

Hi there. I use fitday! My link is included below in my signiture. Feel free to check it out. It is very helpful!

If you look at my weight chart don't be discouranged or confused. I am working with my doctor on this because there is a medical reason behind my weight problems. I am going thru testing starting tomorrow. I have some notes about this on my web site (link also below) if your want.

Anyway, good luck! Fitday is an excellent free site to track your calories and everything!
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I use fitday also. I really love how it show what I'm missing in my diet so that I can add a supplement to bring it up.
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:37 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I use it too - but only just recently...and I think it's more an example of what not to do at the moment...(I've had a rather ugly month food-wise ) But all are welcome to look.

I pretty much already know what the problems are - my goal for October is to stop snacking right when I get home from work...that's my "get in trouble" time...
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #5  
Nut Gatherer

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'4"

I use fitday for the same reasons as DiamondGirl; it's great to make sure I have enough calcium, fiber, etc. It's great for calorie tracking; but sometimes I find it overestimates some things and underestimates others. Great though if you're on the road a lot it can be great for mobile couting.

--Sara
SkinnySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:57 PM   #6  
bouncin' along

I tried fitday out, but find that I prefer to use the pen and paper method (I use the food and exercise diary printed by the folks at calorieking.com). It just seems to keep me more aware than entering it at the computer.
beachball_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/235/TBD

Height: 5'4

I use FitDay and I love it.

Last edited by ElisabethCK; 01-30-2011 at 03:07 PM.
ElisabethCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

OK ... here ya go. But I'm on vacation so nothing lately. Before we left it looked good tho'
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #9  

i use fitday, like all the others! but I also keep a journal with food tips and lowfat recipes in it. I love writing stuff down!...I'm a maintainer, so no more weight loss for me, I do struggle to stay at my current weight though, it loves to fluctuate UP! So I have to really work on staying on track. As you can see, the weekends are a free for all! Good luck Calorie Counters!
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...r=tampagirlcmb
tampagirlcmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #10  
Cynical RedHead

I also use fit day, and just introduced my sister to it this morning. I typically use it only for weight, food and activities. Also, the only activities I input are exercise-type activities (i.e., i don't count showering, sitting at work, walking up the stairs at work, etc. in my activities list).

I don't always have internet access on the weekend, so i frequently leave those days blank. I still *try* to count calories with pen and paper, but don't always do as well as i would like.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:27 PM   #11  

last year i used fitday.com religiously. i also went to the gym 3-4 times a week. well sept '04 i got married and gained 15lbs!!!! now i'm back to the old drawing board! why did i do this to myself?!! aaaaagh. ahem, anyway, i am going to start using fitday again. i also allowed myself a "cheat meal" once a week. this really helped me not binge.
Lalunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:09 PM   #12  

Question Question

I'm trying to put the link for my fitday journal in my signature, but when I copy and paste the link for my public journal from fitday it doesn't make a link. Also how do you personalize the name of the link? I know this doesn't really belong here, but I figured since you all had your links you'd be the best people to ask. Thanks.
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:31 PM   #13  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 264/217/182

Height: 5'11"

Default FitDay ROCKS!

I use it too! I love it. I've put in alot of my own items (alot are Canadian and not listed) but I've got to get more on that, since I'm reading that it's not always accurate. Anyway, feel free to look. Just ignore last Sunday and Monday, it was Thanksgiving here and I really over did it
Lessa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:35 PM   #14  

I was using the Web-based FitDay and a week or so ago I bought the downloadable version. Is anyone else using that version? I also wanted to say that I emailed them with a question (it has links to their site), and they responded back in about 15 minutes. I was very impressed.

I like FitDay because I cannot keep numbers in my head...this way I don't have to!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:37 PM   #15  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 264/217/182

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebigbutt
I'm trying to put the link for my fitday journal in my signature, but when I copy and paste the link for my public journal from fitday it doesn't make a link. Also how do you personalize the name of the link? I know this doesn't really belong here, but I figured since you all had your links you'd be the best people to ask. Thanks.
To get my link, I clicked on the little globe & chain. It pops up a window asking for the text you want displayed (the personalized name of the link). I used My Fitday Journal. Then hit OK, it asks for the URL. I cut and pasted it from fitday. That worked for me!

Hope that helped!
Lessa123 is offline   Reply With Quote