November 2020 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 10 of 21
Go to
  • Hi. I’m new to this website. In fact I’m new to online support groups. I’m trying to learn the lay of the land. I definitely want to join this forum. I’ll start getting serious and start using it as soon as I have the courage to get on the scale.
  • Giuseppealtop - first of all, welcome. This is a very wise supportive group. I am one of the few dudes here and i can relate to your experiences.

I know several at work who are into Fung and the Obesity Code book, and I have looked into some of these concepts which are intriguing. Not surprisingly they are all engineers so they like the analytical and data approach. One thing that is mentioned is fasting, which for 6 to 8 hours is reasonable but IHO no onger than that. Generally speaking, and this is not rocket science, if you burn more calories than you consume, you lose weight. The first thing you should do is track your calories daily since it is your scorecard. Eat a balanced diet with a tendency with more heathier foods - you will feel better physically and mentally. Eat everyday, with a calorie count perhaps 25% below what you burn. On top of this, for overall well being add some daily exercise - start slow, maybe a combination of walking, cardio and strength training. Exercise is very importance for physical wellness, but even more importantly mental wellness particularly when we go through difficult times.
  • Good morning! Welcome to the new people! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁❤️
  • Quote: Hi. I’m new to this website. In fact I’m new to online support groups. I’m trying to learn the lay of the land. I definitely want to join this forum. I’ll start getting serious and start using it as soon as I have the courage to get on the scale.
    Welcome to the check-in.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

DH and I both have our yearly physicals scheduled for today. I want to do my strength training later and do my flower bed work.

Last night: Basic stretches
    This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1770 +
    Weigh In: 187.8
    Down: .6

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 16

Psalm 146:1, 8
    Praise ye the Lord, Praise the Lord, O my soul. The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous.

Dick couldn't believe everyone was against him. First, his wife started making comments about his weight. Next, it was his doctor. Now, his friends at the office. He looked the same as he always did. Why was everyone picking on him all of the sudden? Maybe he had gained a little, but that was just normal spread for a middle-aged man. He'd never worried about weight before, and he sure wasn't planning to start worrying now. Sometimes we are too blind to see when we need to lose weight. Pride gets in the way, and we aren't honest with ourselves. Ask God to help keep ego out of the way, and He will open your eyes to see what needs to be done.

Today's thought: When it comes to weight, I won't kid myself!
  • Thanks for starting
  • Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁❤️
  • Gone too long
    It's been too long since i posted. Went wild and Covid staying home did not help. On August 13th I weighed 310 and finally got serious about my Keto diet. Today I weighed 256 a loss of 54 pounds. I am combining Keto and intermittent fasting. I eat or snack on nothing from 8PM until Noon. It's been working well for me.
  • Quote: It's been too long since i posted. Went wild and Covid staying home did not help. On August 13th I weighed 310 and finally got serious about my Keto diet. Today I weighed 256 a loss of 54 pounds. I am combining Keto and intermittent fasting. I eat or snack on nothing from 8PM until Noon. It's been working well for me.
    Welcome back! I have checked on you here so many times but never saw anymore posts. It's good to see you.
  • Good evening! Welcome back Larry! We’ve missed you!
  • WB Larry! We have missed you and your humor, you were doing keto if I remember and had some great sounding foods.

WI up .6 but I suspect the popcorn/sodium has a part in this
    WO yep got one in and it kicked my rather plump hinny this am

So looks like we are all in lockdown again, gov announced yesterday and poof guess what??? People went shopping (saw the lines again) and now the stores are out of toilet paper, paper towels, meats etc. So so so so...frustrating. They had only just allowed some in restaurant dinning so that has gone away again. And he does not want us to gather with a few family members at Thanksgiving...suggest we do it remotely. I don't advocate for large meeting but he is allowing you to attend church with 100 people or less but you can't sit with your family? does not make sense. ok that rant is over

Ok so my first day of 'no job' I spend more time running around trying to by groceries and going in the middle of the day since they are only allowing 20% capacity in side stores. From what I have observed over the past 3 months everyone has worn their masks, kept distant, even when outside hiking/walking.

ok going to scoot now that I have said all that and go back to my relaxing painting

• Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained.😁❤️
  • Hi Everyone!

I was hoping to be able to work on my flower beds today, but I didn't have time. We went for our physicals, did labs, picked up prescriptions, and then took my car to the body shop. About a month ago, while I was at the grocery store, someone ran into or did something to the side of my car. It wasn't bad but DH wanted to fix it along with a few other scratches. So, by the time we got home it was time to fix dinner. I'll attempt to finish the flower beds tomorrow.

Nancy Not again! The shelves aren't bare here, yet. I'm sure it's coming though. I have been stocking up on things little by little, just in case.

Total Approx 1430 calories +

Breakfast ( 360 calories & )
    For some reason, I find overnight oats more satisfying than cooked hot oatmeal.

I made overnight oats w/creamy coconut oatmeal stuff chia seeds, vanilla keifer
    coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (270 Calories)
    Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
    Fage yogurt 90 calories
    fruit 70 calories

Later 300 calories
    pretzels 300 calories

Dinner (500 Calories)
    Frogmore stew/low country boil (1 1/2 inch piece of beef sausage, cabbage, potatoes, shrimp) 400 calories
    vanilla pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise:
    JS Walk On - Walk & Tone

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Good morning! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁❤️
  • Thank you
    Quote: Usc4valpo, I'd say you had a GOOD DAY yesterday .

Giuseppealtop, Welcome to our group. I guess I don't know anything about the "Obesity Code" or about water fasting. I would say that for me, weight loss/maintenance is a combination of things but the gist of it is that I need to not take in more calories than my body needs (which is different for everyone and determined by age, activity level, height, body type, etc.) Therefore, I personally need to count my calories plus have a regimen of activity to help keep my body healthy. I'd advise doing some research to find out how many calories you need to limit yourself to daily or weekly in order to lose the weight you wish. Having accountability and emotional support from a group like this is also tremendously helpful and a part of the equation for me. It's a daily mind-set. I think you could ask yourself what are your real reasons for wanting to lose weight and you have to really want to. Stick with us; this is a great group!

I met my goals for yesterday. I discovered that riding a recumbent stationery bicycle is actually tolerable for my hip! Pleasant surprise. I tried out the one at my parents' house yesterday.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium and vit/min supp., situps, recumbent bike.
    yes, it’s just like you said, in order to lose fat we all need to eat less than we consume, so we use energy from our “fat”.

A big problem is to keep metabolism up when you are dieting, because it adapts to what you eat.

I really suggest you to read that book, it helped a lot.

And last, this comunity is very nice, you are right

Tags

weight loss diet, weight loss tips