Plain non-fat Greek Yogurt, it tastes weird!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Please help. I bought a whole tub of plain greek yogurt and it tastes weird. What can I add to it to make it a little sweeter??? It's low carb and high protein. Any suggestions? Thanks
  • Honey, agave nectar, maple syrup, fruit... the list is endless!
  • Banana is good in it
  • You can add fruit (e.g. bananas, blueberries, mango). I wouldn't recommend adding other sweeteners.

You can also add nuts (it won't make it sweeter but it might make it taste better).
  • Your tastes will change after not eating garbage for a while, just add some fruit that you like in it and you will be fine
  • Thank you! I'll experiment with different fruits I tried as a dip with my apple slices... the apples helped. Maybe I'll try mashing blueberries and mixing it in.
  • That sounds delicious! I have to throw in a second voice on the tastes changing thing too--I used to hate, hate plain Greek yogurt, but the other week I put some raspberries in it and actually didn't mind it. It doesn't seem so non-sweet once your taste buds are used to good food.
  • Princessroja, I had it again today, and it tasted better. I guess it's an acquired taste.
  • I sometimes sprinkle trail mix in yogurt as a quick work breakfast.
  • Quote: I sometimes sprinkle trail mix in yogurt as a quick work breakfast.
    You should be careful with trail mix and check the ingredients, because some of them have added sugar.
  • I buy Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt. I add Sugar Free Powdered Flavored Coffee Creamer to mine, but also like it plain. I also use it as sour cream and sometimes add some dry spices to it to make it like dip.
  • Quote: You should be careful with trail mix and check the ingredients, because some of them have added sugar.
    I'm aware of that.
  • If you want a better than ice cream treat mix it with some part skim ricotta cheese and some berries. No sugar needed.
  • I use greek yogurt both ways. Sweet and savory. I like to put honey on my GY or for you low carbers probably stick to berries and no calorie sweetener. As for savory, I buy these "Fiesta Ranch" Packets from Hidden Valley. They are a powder mix you use with sour cream...but since greek yogurt tastes nearly the same as sour cream it is perfect! I add some chipotle hot sauce too for extra spice. There's also regular ranch packets you can add if you're not into spicy. Talk about a GREAT condiment to have in your fridge! Works with sandwiches, veggies, and more!
  • I was having Greek yogurt daily but discovered it's
    effects on my digestive tract. When I had it
    everyday it was nice with fruit and/or
    my protein powder. They each benefited it by
    flavoring and sweetening the taste some.

With nothing yogurt might be like cottage
    cheese. Yogurt is an excellent substitute for
    sour cream if you like baked potatoes.