Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #16  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Chiming in a little late - very recently back to the boards - greek yogurt varies by brand. If you are still struggling with it, try other brands. My personal favorites are Fage full fat & TJ's full fat but everyone is different. I use it in place of sour cream and also as a breakfast or snack--mixed with frozen blueberries is my favorite.
mamajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 265/265/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajones View Post
Chiming in a little late - very recently back to the boards - greek yogurt varies by brand. If you are still struggling with it, try other brands. My personal favorites are Fage full fat & TJ's full fat but everyone is different. I use it in place of sour cream and also as a breakfast or snack--mixed with frozen blueberries is my favorite.
Hi, mamajones. I thought I'd chime in as well. I used to despise all yogurt until recently....

You see, a new snack that I have discovered and totally love is actually a savory one, not sweet. So if anyone reading this wants something salty tasting but low in sodium, I suggest using Wildbine's Kimchi Sriracha (they have a green jalapeŮo flavored one, too, which is also delicious).

I am always looking for fermented items to help with my digestion, so mixing just a tiny bit of this fermented deliciousness into Greek yogurt (or even regular low fat or full fat yogurt) is incredibly tasty with some "no salt added" blue corn tortilla chips (or anything else you may want to dip with). I used to love sour cream with French onion dip mix to eat with greasy potato chips, but I would always feel bloated and guilty afterwards from the high levels of sodium and fat. But eating yogurt with fermented kimchi is divine and leaves me feeling good afterwards. So maybe someone else out there who is into the savory snacks like me might like to try this out. It's really the only way I can eat yogurt and enjoy it.

Last edited by PrimordialSoup; 03-24-2018 at 09:47 PM.
PrimordialSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 265/137/140

Height: 5'6" - 63 YO

I never had any trouble with the taste because, well, that is what yogurt tastes like

We have, however, been making our own Greek Yogurt which is thicker (and much cheaper) than store bought Greek and has no bite to it. I think the sour is from the left over acid whey in the yogurt which we filter out with cheesecloth. It is the liquid when you spoon our the yogurt and the next day there is liquid on the top. Ours does not do that.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #19  

I also hate the taste of Greek yogurt but since itís zero points on weight watchers and is known for keeping you full I bought some today.

I cut up strawberries and added stevia instead of sugar and then mixed some in with the yogurt. It ends up a little runny but itís really very good that way, more like a treat. Looking forward to trying some of these other suggestions. Iím hoping that once I start eating it more it will grow on me.

Last edited by KaTea; 06-27-2018 at 12:44 AM.
KaTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #20  

I have found that the best way to sweeten without problems is to use fruits. Slice some fruit that you like into it for some added flavor. With time I think you will get used to the taste, it just takes time especially if you have been eating things filled with sugar before now.
babyrainbows is offline   Reply With Quote