21 Day Challenge to create a new/good habit

You're on Page 6 of 9
Go to
  • Taking control Great new 21 day challenge.

Sperrigo Sounds like a plan on the new challenge.

Day 1 - 02/20/17 I did my aerobics on the WII Fit and it was Great. After being sluggish for a day I was happy to get to working out. Dinner was good and no mid night snack.

Day 2 - 2/21/17 Day starting ugh. No internet or cable. Fighting that for over and hour and 1/2. Then I did my workout for 30 minutes on the WII Fit. A great sweat. Loved it. Then I realized he office internet was out too so I had to get dressed and go into the office. (I work at home) Plus sit across from my supervisor. UGH. But I packed a great lunch to eat right. Brought my water bottle and coffee.

Day 3 - 2/22/17PAUSE day... I deserved a pause because I got fired on this day . So ice cream and a burger was called for. No exercise other then crocheting for an hour.

SW 222
    CW 219
    Mid GW 190
    GW 145

Day 2 - 2/21/17 Day starting ugh. No internet or cable. Fighting that for over and hour and 1/2. Then I did my workout for 30 minutes on the WII Fit. A great sweat. Loved it. Then I realized he office internet was out too so I had to get dressed and go into the office. (I work at home) Plus sit across from my supervisor. UGH. But I packed a great lunch to eat right. Brought my water bottle and coffee.

Day 3 - 2/22/17PAUSE day... I deserved a pause because I got fired on this day . So ice cream and a burger was called for. No exercise other then crocheting for an hour.

Day 4 - 2/23/17had pizza but stayed on my workout. Played WII fir a few hours. Plan on more activity tomorrow. But getting back into the routine after yesturdays downfall of emotions. I will still weigh in tomorrow and take my consiquences.

SW 222
    CW 219
    Mid GW 190
    GW 145
  • Davis so sorry to hear your news Well done for getting back on it, emotional eating is such a difficult thing, sometimes we just need to roll with it.....

So Wed 22nd I could have ticked day one, but then last night I had a bowl of sorbet in the evening so would have been a pause..... I am starting again today instead of 'wasting' a pause as I am going to be truly challenged to keep up with this when I am travelling next week.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Good morning! I did pretty well on the last challenge. I'm going for another round with 21 days eating less than 1,300 cals per day, except for 3 treat days at less than 1,550 cals (planned for Fridays or the last work day in each week).

Day 1 Tues 2/21 - 1,265 cals
    Day 2 Wed 2/22 - 1,270 cals
    Day 3 Thu 2/23 - pause day
    Day 4 Fri 2/24 - 1,290 cals
    Day 5 Sat 2/25 - 1,240 cals
    Day 6 Sun 2/26 - 1,269 cals

Davis Sorry about the job news. I hope you find another one soon.

takingcontrol I don't think I would take a pause day over Sorbet either...I would for ice cream, however.
  • Good morning everyone

21 days without sugar, honey, fruit etc.(except lemon and 1 Tbs tart cherry concentrate)

Day 1 2/20 yes
    Day 2 2/21 yes Except the vitamin shoppe had samples of peanutbutter. around 1/4 tsp each. It had sugar in it
    Day 3 2/22 yes
    Day 4 2/23. Yes
    Day. 5. 2/24. Yes

I am hoping that soon the food cravings will be less.

Davis. I am wishing you very best with the job situation

Hoping everyone has a good and successful Saturday
  • Meh, my head isn't on this at the moment. In general I am eating well, I am being active. BUT the snacking is an issue. I think 'cos I had last weekend 'off' and I know I am away again on Monday I have made a mental excuse to take it easy in this inbetween bit...... oh dear! Not going to restart my next challenge until 6th March when I will be back in a proper routine, but still going to come and check in here so I can follow everyone's progress and feel inspired!

Sperregio & Flower Great work!

Davis How are you doing?
  • Hi all! I took part in this challenge last fall but I've been away from the site for a while.

I'm down for another challenge. My goal is to do one of my workout dvd's every day. I'll opt for 3 pause days.

Too bad I can't count some days retroactively because I've done well for a week now.

2/25: Day 1 - WATP 2 miles
    2/26: Day 2 - WATP 1 mile

2/27: Day 3 - WATP 2 miles
    2/28: Day 4 - WATP 1 mile
    3/01: Day 5 - WATP 2 miles
    3/02: Day 6 - WATP 1 mile
    3/03: Day 7 - WATP 1 mile
    3/04: Day 8 - WATP 2 miles
    3/05: Day 9 - WATP 1 mile
  • Hi everyone
    Takingcontrol I think its smart to check in here even before March 6th, when life settles back in to a regular routine.

Chunkahlunkah great to see you again. Congrats on keeping to the work out DVD routine all last week.

21 days without sugar, honey, fruit etc.(except lemon and 1 Tbs tart cherry concentrate)

Day 1 2/20 yes
    Day 2 2/21 yes Except the vitamin shoppe had samples of peanutbutter. around 1/4 tsp each. It had sugar in it
    Day 3 2/22 yes
    Day 4 2/23 Yes
    Day 5 2/24 Yes
    Day 6 2/25 yes
    Hope everyone has a good Sunday
  • Day 1: 2/18/17 ✔ (Round 2, let's tackle these woods again)
    Day 2: 2/19/17 ✔ (Downloaded some new music, really helped motivate me to get out of the house)
    Day 3: 2/20/17 ✔ (Feeling the pressure again... what is it about day 3? 3 is a magic number? Feels cursed! lol)
    Day 4: 2/21/17 ✔
    Day 5: 2/22/17 ✔
    Day 6: 2/23/17 ✔
    Day 7: 2/24/17 ✔
    Day 8: 2/25/17 ✔
    Day 9: 2/26/17 ✔ (Still here , nearly made it to day 10 I'm weighing in at 96-97kg now with all this running, finding it hard to get into the 80kg realm. I think i've gained muscle on my chest with the pushups i've been doing as of late. Perhaps that is distorting the scales.
    Day 10:
    Day 11:
    Day 12:
    Day 13:
    Day 14:
    Day 15:
    Day 16:
    Day 17:
    Day 18:
    Day 19:
    Day 20:
    Day 21:

Davisag Sorry to hear about the job situation, hang in there life can be rough sometimes.

Chunkalunkah Hi, best of luck with the work out dvd's!
  • Thanks for the welcome, guys.

I may use my first pause day tomorrow. Day 3's are indeed cursed!
    My Mondays are nonstop. I'm ok with never exercising that day this semester. If I have the energy tomorrow night at 11pm (when I finally get home), I'll go for it. I'm telling myself it's ok if I don't though. I want to be realistic and not add needless stress.

Wow flower congrats on the 100 pound loss! That's extraordinary! How's the no sugar feeling today?
    paper clip - I take it your goal is to run every day, is that right? Is running a longtime interest of yours or brand new?
  • Chunkahlunkah I do think that taking the pause day early on is a reasonable thing. you are getting back on track. So easing in to it sounds reasonable. Thanks re: the 100 lbs. Most of it was lost around 18 years ago. Then there has been the yoyoing since. sigh
    Challenge 1 21 days without sugar, honey, fruit etc.(except lemon and 1 Tbs tart cherry concentrate)

Day 1: 2/20 yes
    Day 2: 2/21 yes Except the vitamin shoppe had samples of peanutbutter. around 1/4 tsp each. It had sugar in it
    Day 3: 2/22 yes
    Day 4: 2/23 Yes
    Day 5: 2/24 Yes
    Day 6: 2/25 yes
    Day 7: 2/26 yes
    Day 8:
    Day 9:
    Day 10:
  • Challenge 2: at least 10 minutes per day on the mini jogging
    I have a deep aversion to exercise. So this is a big deal. Each night I will write the number of minutes I jogged.

Day 1: 2/26 - yes 11 minutes
    Day 2: 2/27
    Day 3: 2/28
    Day 4: 3/1
    Day 5: 3/2
  • Well I might as well just say starting over. It has been a stressful long weekend. I didnt keep track and even though.I worked out by cleaning house and playing regular games on my Wii I did Not eat right. It's hard starting over after only a few days. But have to think of my health as well as saving the homestead.

Thank you all for your kind words. We will be ok.
  • Quote: Chunkahlunkah I do think that taking the pause day early on is a reasonable thing. you are getting back on track. So easing in to it sounds reasonable.
    I was able to find time to exercise today (my hw took less time than usual) , but you make an important point. The body needs rest days, especially when starting a new routine. It may help that I started this one week ago and took a rest day then, so my body is more used to the routine than if I were starting fresh.

Good luck with your 2nd challenge too! You made me at your aversion to exercise because I can relate. I start to love it once it's a habit, but it's such an easy habit for me to fall out of.
  • Day 1: 2/18/17 ✔ (Round 2, let's tackle these woods again)
    Day 2: 2/19/17 ✔ (Downloaded some new music, really helped motivate me to get out of the house)
    Day 3: 2/20/17 ✔ (Feeling the pressure again... what is it about day 3? 3 is a magic number? Feels cursed! lol)
    Day 4: 2/21/17 ✔
    Day 5: 2/22/17 ✔
    Day 6: 2/23/17 ✔
    Day 7: 2/24/17 ✔
    Day 8: 2/25/17 ✔
    Day 9: 2/26/17 ✔ (Still here , nearly made it to day 10 I'm weighing in at 96-97kg now with all this running, finding it hard to get into the 80kg realm. I think i've gained muscle on my chest with the pushups i've been doing as of late. Perhaps that is distorting the scales.
    Day 10: 2/27/17 ✔
    Day 11:
    Day 12:
    Day 13:
    Day 14:
    Day 15:
    Day 16:
    Day 17:
    Day 18:
    Day 19:
    Day 20:
    Day 21:

Chunkahlunkah My goal is to run 2 miles through my local wood everyday, I measured the distance using google maps and a particular landmark I run to and back within the wood as a halfway point. I know 2 miles doesn't sound like much but the wood is very steep and at times feels as if I'm running at least 6 miles! lol That's what I tell myself anyway. It helps me sleep at night.
    I wouldn't say it's a lifelong interest just a healthy way to get outside lose weight and enjoy the scenery, plus it's a good excuse to listen to new music every time I run. But who knows maybe there is a future marathon in me.

flower123 The mini jogging sounds like a good challenge since every time you go over 10 minutes it's a real confidence boost. Like a mini treat within your mini jog.

Davisag I think it's very admirable of you to keep going with the challenge after your situation whereas some might have used it as an excuse to quit. Wishing you well.