December Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Let's dance (and move in other ways) through the holiday season!

State your exercise goal and track it throughout the month with this supportive group of fellow exercisers. We'll compile our workout goals into a list. As each goal is met during the month, it gets turned RED in celebration.

This thread is for fitness and exercise goals. For other weight loss goals, be sure to see our sister thread: December Weight Loss Challenge
  • I'm going to stick with my 1200 minutes, but add in doing a pullup training workout 3x per week. This has been a goal of mine for a while, but I never remember to put in the specific work. So December is pullup month!

GOAL: 1200 minutes & 3x/week pullup training
  • I just joined. I've had gastroparesis for a couple of years so I can't do as much as I would like, but I would like to get at least 1 hour of activity every day (even if it's just doing dishes), and after I buy a kettlebell I'm going to start doing intervals throughout the week for toning with intermittent heavy and light weights. I don't recover like normal people so it's going to have to be enough.
  • I am joining this month... I really need to run more, been slacking last month.

I have a little mild plantar fasciitis on my left foot, it's not impossible to run but have a little pain in the beginning. It's very frustrating.

I am going to shoot for 80 miles of running this month.
  • I Need to support my indoor exercise routines for December. So my monthly Goals are: 8 lift sessions, 8 aerobic/walk sessions & 4 stretching sessions.

rebelle, Be careful trying your new yoga positions. I added 4 stretching sessions to my monthly goal after reading your challenge. I sit around more in the winter and really need to strech more so I don't hurt myself.

Good Luck everyone, this is a great month to be exercising!

Lift sessions: 3
    Aerobic/week sessions: 2
    Stretch: 1
  • Tabbycat here.
    I didn't meet my goal in November (leaving town during the holidays messes with my routine).
    My goal is December will be a modest 750 minutes of intentional exercise.
  • My goal is 80 miles of running in December.

12/1: 4 miles
  • My goal is to do my c25k program every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Friday 12/02/16:
    Monday 12/05/16:
    Wednesday 12/07/16:
    Friday 12/09/16: Very reluctantly ran today. It was super cold this morning!
  • I'm tweaking my goal a bit..instead of 30 minutes 5x a week, my goal is for a total of 600 minutes a month.

1. Gilad Strength with light weights, 50 min.
  • I'm tweaking my goal a bit..instead of 30 minutes 5x a week, my goal is for a total of 600 minutes a month.

1. Gilad Strength with light weights, 50 min.
    2. Shelly Dose Cardio and light weights, 36 min. (on my 56th birthday ) 86 min.
  • Hi Everyone!

You guys motivated me: my goal is 567 minutes this month!
  • December goal: 1300 minutes

1: 40 walk; 40/1300
  • My goal is 80 miles of running in December.

I would rather be lifting, but have to re-lose what I have gained in the last couple months, and I will probably not be able to make it through the Holiday season without some serious cardio. I will still be lifting as usual, but will replace some of it with more cardio.

12/1: 4.0
    12/2: 4.0

Total: 8.0 miles

Have a great weekend!!!!
  • 1. Gilad Strength with light weights, 50 min.
    2. Shelly Dose Cardio and light weights, 36 min. (on my 56th birthday ) ...86 min.
    3. -0-
    4. 20 min. light weights.... 106 min.
  • December goal: 1300 minutes

1: 40 walk; 40/1300
    2: 40 walk; 80/1300
    3: 15 walk; 95/1300