Halloween Challenge!

You're on Page 2 of 22
Go to
  • WELCOME AQUAREGGIE AND MACKENZIE!!!!!!!!
  • Is it ok if I join in? I've been posting on the "Fat Chicks on the Beach" forum for about 6 weeks now, and just wandered over here....this looks like a FUN place to hang out!

Do I really have to post my actual weight? In black and white numbers? I haven't even done that on "the beach". Well, I guess since most of you have, I can be brave and do it too!! It's just so hard for me to see the actual numbers in big black print (somehow that makes it more real....am I sad or what!).

OK........

Current weight: 187
    Goal by Halloween: 177
    Personal Goal: To care enough about myself and my health to stay OP and make permanent life-long changes in my habits.
    Fitness Goal: To get into a regular exercise routine. I really struggle with this....I'm the ultimate couch potato.
  • Welcome MacKenzie and Twodogmom!

Maybe if you see the numbers in black and white it will give you more incentive

Personally I need this challenge to give myself a kick in the butt!
    I have been off and on plan for two weeks and losing 1 lb then gaining .5 back and I am sick of it. I am paying to go to WW and if I continue like this I feel that I am wasting my time and $$$ But it is my own darned fault!

So it's time to roll up my sleeves and get to work and get my slowly diminishing butt in gear!
  • Twodog, we're so glad to have you!
    187, huh? Not so bad. It's all relative, hon. I was there a very short while ago. We are NEVER going back!

Den, are you in or out? (please don't say "both")
  • Just thought I would make this a sticky so we can keep our goals in sight!
  • Bless you for making our life easier, Mauvais.
  • Ellis-REPEATEDLY!!!!!

2Dog-HIYA!! Welcome to the loony bin!! It is a LOT of fun here, and everybody is as nice as they are crazy!! I weigh a LOT more than you do, so don't worry about posting your weight!! Anyway, this is a SAFE place. I know it is hard to look at the numbers, but nobody is going to judge you by your weight. (OKAY, I MIGHT if you weighed 110 and said you wanted to get to 100 by Halloween!!!)

Mauvais-Good idea!!
  • Thanks mauvais, it's nice to meet you!! Hi ellis and den!! I think I'm going to love this place, it looks like a blast! I already feel right at home.

den.....just wait until next year.....110 lbs by next September
  • HMMPH!!!!
  • I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN UR CHALLANGE!
    I am stuck on half arse trying,,so wld like to join in
    • Current weight=134
    • Goal weight=128
    • Personal Goal=Learn to ration my WINE
    • Fitness Goal=Build bk up to running 1hr,6days a week...................GOFISHIN
  • Gofishin', are you telling me that you have to lose six effing pounds!?!?!
    That's like: a haircut, a toenail clip and a pee.
    Come here, darling, let me rip out your hair.

Hey, you're doing GREAT with the running!
  • Oh, ellis...I LOVE you!!! I have tears running down my face I'm laughing so hard.

Gofishin, welcome! We all have our own challenges to succeed at, and I see from your stats you've lost 12lbs already. Great work!

Oh, did I officially sign up for this challenge? I don't remember. Anyway, I'm in! I want to work on eating less carbs and more protein/veggies even if it is outside my comfort zone. And I want to set up and follow an exercise schedule. And dagnabit I'm gonna DO IT! I don't even care about how many pounds, I just want for once to set goals and make them without chucking them out the window after a few weeks.
  • Hi Wildfire. We missed you. Um.....you have a suspicious signature. Have you been in B.C. perchance?
  • ELLIS,I WEIGHED 176 2 YRS AGO!!
    I have clipped my toenails,shaved my legs,p'd 32 times today,but refuse to cut my hair and I still weigh 134..any other ideas ? I weighed 176 2yrs ago and lost on WW's,,gained 10 bk when grieving for MOM Weighed 124,my norm,5 yrs ago b4 knee surgery and braking my ankle..Used to run 5miles a day in my favorite Park,but do not live close by there any more,,,Marriage also added to my FAT.. was single for 19yrs and had to start cooking for DH..LIFES A BEACH BUT WANT TO LOOK GOOD IN A BIKINI AGAIN................................GOFISHIN
  • Moi, Ruth? Nope, didn't do that one! Hate to think of all the poor little animals that have been affected by those fires. It's actually a line from a song from my favorite strange interest band, The Tractors, from Tulsa, Oklahoma. www.thetractors.com

Now if my boss ever moves to a wooded area....