Getting out of the 230's and 220's

You're on Page 26 of 34
Go to
  • Kat: I know your feeling. Think it's going well and then your arch nemesis the scale pulls that stuff. Hang I there. Your doing great. I went back to 226. but I just need to work out.
  • Kat and Davisag: Add me to the hating the scale group. Someone at the gym even told me that it looked like I've lost more weight. Great! But how come I am getting nothing from the scale. I know, I know, it could be muscle or whatever. But I want to see some lower numbers!!!!!!

We will win.
  • Guess what???

My plateau has ended!!! After 3 months in the 230's I'm at 225LBS as of my doctor's appointment on Tuesday

WhooHoo
  • Congrats, JesikaBeth!!
  • Great job JessikaBeth!!!! Keep it going lady!
  • Hi all! Happy long weekend! I've just jumped into your group! Currently just barely here at 238.8! Looking forward to traveling with you!! ��
  • Hi kittens, good job JesikaBeth!

Hi everyone else!

I am at 226.4, which is about where I was when I wandered away from my diet back in July. Really ready to hit 225 and 65 lbs lost, but really really hungry at the same time.

I hope everyone is well!
  • Hi Brandnewday! Congrats on your almost-milestone!! That is incredible!! I just cracked 35 today... So I'm looking up to you! Great work!
  • ...slinking back in here....little by little, those tiny moments of indiscretion have creeped into my routine...a little peanut butter...a few extra nuts...another serving of fruit...usually at the very end of the day, which is disastrous for me. And the cherry on top:...Not making time for exercise, so the weight has crept up to a dangerous level. I know this, yet the demands of life have left me with little time or energy to do much about it. Disgust is a powerful motivator, so I'm going with that. (Actually, I was lured back here by all the Kittens. )

All this time,my head has been spinning like a top, thinking about all the formal "plans" I should be following...again....all their advantages/disadvantages....and, today, I declare myself ready to commit to IF. Perhaps I've developed a phobia regarding food? dunno Just seems like the right thing to go with right now.

So today, coffee for breakfast; packed some grapes to help me get through my first day; chicken, salad and mango for dinner---then Kitchen Closed.....

I'm looking for a long term commitment to this plan....maybe I should go dress shopping?
  • Hi Seemyfeet!! I'm glad you are here! I'm here (in the 230s not this board.. still newish to 3fc) for the first time in two years! I think it is not the worst place to be! And yes, there are many kittens and kats! Here's hoping we can climb down the 230s and 220s together.

Since you mentioned plans, I thought I would tell you about my plan (which requires less thinking than all the other diets I've done in a while). I'm doing a medically supervised Optifast diet, so my meals (and kind of my life) are very much prescribed.. though I do occasionally have too much coffee. It has worked great for me, as I'm not really a planner and wanted results right away. This is the only diet that has worked for me after years and years of plans. I kind of loathe all the plans/planning. This feels more possible, like I go on a food break and then introduce new things back in a reasoned way. And begin all the planning after I've had some success and am buoyed by that. But I'm also doing an emotional eating support group, which is super helpful when I slip up, and I do slip up. I wish you much luck and loss in your plan.. and also many good feelings and positivity on your way.
  • YAY! 225 today, 65 lbs lost since February 22. Only (ha ha) 26 lbs to ONEDERLAND, and 35lbs to a 100 lb loss! I am really, really proud of myself.

I am also still really, really hungry and feel like I have been in the 220-230's forever. I'm starting to wonder if my belly will ever really go away - right now it's still my biggest part, and it just seems to be sinking, rather than shrinking. At 50, I don't think my skin is going to snap back. Guess I'll be investigating the world of foundation underwear soon .
  • Quote: (Onderland was so beautiful...)

Yes, I saw onderland for one day. It was glorious indeed. We'll reach that promised land again soon. Real soon.

Busy day at work--half the grapes survived. Had my one meal and felt overly stuffed. And tired. Tough morning with the teenager. Lather. Rinse. Repeat....except for that teenager business.
  • I hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm at 226 today, hoping to be out of the 220s by the end of the month.
  • Brandnewday congrats! You are an inspiration! Keep up all the hard work! Seemyfeet and Brandnewday, Onederland doesn't feel as close for me, but I'm so glad you all are moving within range! I will follow you all and smile! Hi Pinkstarberry! I must be a thread or two behind you! Very inspiring loss!
  • well, we're all in the same weight class, kittens, so you're getting close as well. but I know what you mean...I'll never get there if i don't stop getting sidetracked. Now, Pinkstarrberry's got the MoJo!!

went to bed feeling bloated and stuffed...woke up feeling hollow and gutted...wha???? I spose the ol' innards hafta get used to the new schedule. Ima still gonna try to fast until dinner...with an occasional grape to help get me through the workday...