February Chat

• Just a quick update... Even though I had a nasty cold last week that I'm still not completely over... I managed to make it to a meeting and weigh-in just right about my Goal weight and FINIALLY make LIFETIME!!!

I'm actually very excited about it and really looking forward to doing what I need to maintain it... I'm actually a bit surprised by how motivating the whole experience has been so far... I'm really loving it!!!
  • Congratulations at getting to lifetime! It is a great feeling.
  • hi weight watchers! I'm brand new here and looking forward to getting support on my weight loss adventure. So far, I'm liking weight watchers. I have a question... what does everyone do with their charm holder?
  • I personally took all of my charms and put them on a Pandora charm bracelet. The charm holders aren't very sturdy so can't really be used to do much (before I had the charms on it but kept in a drawer since the holder was so fragile).

• Koshka, that's a great idea! I am going to do that - -when I actually earn a charm -- which I definitely WILL do!
  • First week on SmartPoints and I am down 4.8 lbs (official weigh-in last night). Then I went out and had McDonalds, which I tracked, and I am somehow down another 2-3 pounds this morning (just on my home scale). It's so weird!

It's funny, I have been a WW member in the past, most recently for a four year run ending last fall. I had lost some weight after my 3rd baby but it was coming back on and I ended that run weighing more than when I started. I was having so much fun at the meetings because the group was just so funny, and I justified paying for WW even though I wasn't losing because of the entertainment value.

So I went on a hiatus for a few months to get my head on straight, and I'm so glad I did. I got a new starting weight so I don't have to feel bad to see a higher weight than the starting weight. And as much as I miss the fun group, I decided to attend a different meeting on a different day of the week. (It's amazing how much more committed to counting you are on the weekend when your weigh-in is on Tuesday instead of Saturday morning!)

When I was about to start I thought I could just do the Simply Filling because counting is so annoying, except maybe I won't do fat FREE everything, just reduced fat until I stopped myself and thought, what am I doing? Why even bother going back if I'm not going to try to give it my all at the beginning? So I changed my mind and decided to count and it's working!
  • UberGinger - I didn't think to do mine until I got my charms but I wish I had built it as I went along. Even now, I wear it often when I go out to eat and just seeing it on my wrist serves to remind me to think about what I'm eating.

Amy - Sounds like things are going great for you. I like the idea of Simply Filling but even though I do mostly eat healthy foods it is is too restrictive for me. There just aren't enough weekly posts for me to eat thinks like reduced fat cheese and nuts.
  • I gotta admit...I'm super jealous of you right now BUT I'm also very happy for you for reaching goal!!! I cannot wait to get to mine...I rejoined WW last week after a ten year absence (of which I tired one other diet, IP, which worked...) BUT I could not keep it off... So far, I'm loving the new Smartpoints!

Congrats on making Lifetime!!! That's my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HO!! HAPPY HAPPY for you!!!
  • Hi! I'm new here. Doing WW at home and tracking with their online web site. Finally found something that works for me-even if it is ounces at a time.
  • Ounces count! I lost about 63 pounds and usually low ounces every week. But, do it enough times and it really adds up!
  • A loss is a loss! I lost about 20-25lbs doing online only, and then came to a standstill for a couple of months. Switched to meetings back in November 2015 and I'm down 20.2lbs so far, and a lot of those weeks were pretty modest weight losses (less than a pound) and a few gains. I love my meeting group and the accountability. Lifetime is my ultimate goal! Can't wait until I don't have to pay anymore
  • It is a great feeling for sure. I really do find that meetings help me a lot with accountability. And, just reminding me of my motivation for losing weight. It is one time during the week when I am with people who have the same goal and who also value making changes for weight loss and maintenance. I know some people can do online only and that is fine for them. But, for me, I always did much better with meetings.