Exericse Thread week of August 17th

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Happy Sunday!

This morning was a variety of shorter dvd's...

Quick Fix-Arms/Legs segment

Quick Fix-Abs segment (killer!)

Crunch Candlelight Yoga-good yoga tape for beginners!

Sherry

PS-there are some Minna Lessig fans here (Hi Holly) you might like the Quick Fix Total Mix DVD-it has nine different ten minute segments-three each of arms/legs, abs and buns. The workout is really good, but I find their chatter annoying : "we're getting sexier...whatever, fill in the body part." I really like the combination arms/legs-different squats and lunges combined with bicep work, etc. I found the DVD at Target for only ten dollars.
  • Okay gang...I've seen these threads and have been avoiding them. I hate the "E word". I go for my walks and call it good. So now 60+ pounds into my journey, my arms are quickly sagging---ugh! So I picked up the FIRM DVDs last week. Watched the Cardio Scuplt one, and now I'm ready to get on it and do at least one a day. I don't have the "fanny lifter" yet, but I'll improvise til I get one. Wish me luck! I think this is just what I'm needing, like it or not.

I've also dusted off the--don't laugh--thighmaster--I love it! And I can feel the muscles working. I try to do 50 when I get up, 50 when I come home and another 50 before I go to bed.

Have a great week!

Edited to add this:
    Okay, so I just did the upper body Firm workout. I love it, can totally feel it! I think I've found what I need! Woo-Hoo! Now we'll have to see how I feel tomorrow. I'll probably do the ab sculpt tomorrow, ugh, I hate ab work!
  • i did my favorite exercise tape this morning, minna's emergency workout.

30 min cardo and 30 min toning! damn, i'm going to have a sore *** tomorrow! heh.

p.s. just saw sherry's note about minna -- yes i LOVE her! that sounds like a good DVD. =) i'll have to check it out.
  • Welcome to the Exercise Thread, Daners! It's great to have you here. Those Firm tapes will really help get your metabolism revved up.

Sunday I did the Bellydance Slimdown again. Fun, and some of the hip movements (especially hip shimmies) are quite challenging. I really feel it in my calves and thighs. The cueing sux, but once you go through it once or twice it's easy to catch on.
  • Last week (Aug.10-17)I did my lisa Sandstone tape Walk Away The Pounds 1 mile tape Sunday, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs then fell off from then until now. Today I'm going to start the 2 mile tape. I think Curves would be fun..but at this point I can't spare the extra $ for that.
  • I woke up too late today to hit the gym and do strength training instead I did more a toning workout for a 1/2 hour you know push-ups,light weight flyes, chest press, etc.. so I got a UBWO in. Steps last night 12,457 and I made last weeks steps goal of an average of 10,269 steps/day. Feeling good about excercise, who wants to come lock my fridge? LOL!

Miss Chris
  • I spent a couple hours walking and shopping in Harper's Ferry, then played in the pool at home with Gem and Hunter. (See thread "#197 Places to Go, People to See" for more details.)

There are lots of fun ways to be more active!
  • 3 circuits @ the gym tonight.
  • Yay, SuchaPrettyFace!! I know you've been working up to three circuits, and your trainer's been pushing you. Doesn't it feel great to succeed? I'm proud of you!!

/hug
  • I dusted off my 1 mile Leslie Sanson dvd this morning. Feels good to exercise
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by synger
    Yay, SuchaPrettyFace!! I know you've been working up to three circuits, and your trainer's been pushing you. Doesn't it feel great to succeed? I'm proud of you!!

/hug
    Thank you so much!! It does feel great, and you know what? I'm not dead! I thought for sure I would be.

Tonight I'm going to try a 2 mile walk even though it's 90 degrees out right now. I shall wait until it cools off.
  • yay SAPF!

i hit 10,041 on the pedometer last night. i had class so there wasn't time for actual exercise, but i don't feel guilty cuz of all the walking i got in.
  • i just finished minna's fat eliminator. i was sweating and breathing hard and feeling the burn! these videos are great for me, i'm so glad i'm getting back into them. =)

the video also helped me get 9,644 steps today. THISCLOSE to 10,000... but i'm not going to walk in circles around the house to remedy it, either. ;P

now i'm going to go start reading "chunk to hunk"!
  • Wow great to see so many exercisers

I did kathy smith fatloss tape today after having two days off. It's actually getting alot easyier. Amazing! If you keep exercising one day you get fitter and better at it- who'd of thunk it! lol
  • I decided to really push myself this next 2 weeks. My family reunion is next Saturday. I've upped my stationary bike ride from 30 minutes to ONE HOUR, do a new 10 minute ab workout and 20 minutes of freeweights. My old workout was just a 30 minute stationary bike ride and 20 minutes of freeweights. My legs feel like they're about to fall off, but I know it'll be worth it

My mom came in my room when I was riding the bike earlier and said, "You're just melting away!"