March 2015 starters (and restarters)!

You're on Page 6 of 35
Go to
  • It gets easier every day
  • Hooray!
  • WooHoo!!! First week weigh in and I lost 6 pounds!! I am so excited and motivated to keep going. I know that this was a lot of water weight and do not have the expectation that this will be the usual weekly loss, but i am on the way to the finish line!
  • Back for a second try ! Can't believe I am back again, I was so successful with this program in 2013-14 and swore never to be fat again. Guess the wine and food got the best of me . However I'm back at this today and won't give up until it's done
  • Quote: WooHoo!!! First week weigh in and I lost 6 pounds!! I am so excited and motivated to keep going. I know that this was a lot of water weight and do not have the expectation that this will be the usual weekly loss, but i am on the way to the finish line!
    Way to go Oma!

Quote: Back for a second try ! Can't believe I am back again, I was so successful with this program in 2013-14 and swore never to be fat again. Guess the wine and food got the best of me . However I'm back at this today and won't give up until it's done
    Welcome back, and keep that motivation going!
  • Quote: Back for a second try ! Can't believe I am back again, I was so successful with this program in 2013-14 and swore never to be fat again. Guess the wine and food got the best of me . However I'm back at this today and won't give up until it's done
    Welcome (or, rather, welcome back)! You've got this!
  • Started the alternative program 6 days ago. I have lost 5 pounds and am in ketosis. I use EAS AdvantEDGE carb control shakes for my morning protein of 17g. I also use sugar free Silk Almond Milk in my coffee that has 0 carbs and 30 calories per 8 oz. glass.

I am lactose intolerant and carb sensitive. One of my parents has celiac disease and I was told by my doctor that my symptoms are most likely due to the same thing - so no gluten. Most prepackaged diet plans and WW would not work for me.

Anyway, I am happy to have found this weight loss plan and all of the products that were not out there when I was on previous plans. We are planning a major trip in June and I want to be down to my goal weight by that time.

Oh yes, I am just under 5' and over 60, so I face those challenges as well.
  • Quote: Started the alternative program 6 days ago. I have lost 5 pounds and am in ketosis. I use EAS AdvantEDGE carb control shakes for my morning protein of 17g. I also use sugar free Silk Almond Milk in my coffee that has 0 carbs and 30 calories per 8 oz. glass.

I am lactose intolerant and carb sensitive. One of my parents has celiac disease and I was told by my doctor that my symptoms are most likely due to the same thing - so no gluten. Most prepackaged diet plans and WW would not work for me.

Anyway, I am happy to have found this weight loss plan and all of the products that were not out there when I was on previous plans. We are planning a major trip in June and I want to be down to my goal weight by that time.

Oh yes, I am just under 5' and over 60, so I face those challenges as well.
    Welcome, WoodLily, and congrats on the weight loss! So glad you found a way to make this work for you!
  • Restarted 3/8/15 - Vacation coming
    I started IP on Nov. 1, 2014. I hit my goal weight in Feb. - down 30 lbs. It was so exciting to reach my goal in 3 1/2 months. My inspiration for doing this was because I was having a knee replacement on Feb. 14, 2014 and was advised to lose weight to help in my recovery. I had to transition into Phase 4 after only a couple of weeks on Phase 2 & 3 knowing I had to eat real food during my recovery. I continued to lose during my recovery even dipping below my goal weight for a short time. For the first couple of months I was eating very good. Eventually summer set in and my social life started to sabotage my good eating habits. A little too much indulging resulted in a 5-7 lb gain by Sept. and then the holidays, eating out and winter comfort foods has added another 3lbs. So now I have 10lbs of very unattractive belly, butt and thigh fat I need to remove before a vacation to Columbia March 28th and then keep it off for another vacation in May to Aruba. I am not happy that I find myself under the gun to get this weight off. I should have started this in January not 3 weeks before vacation. I'm finding I'm not having the headaches or terrible hunger I experienced the first time. I am trying to eat breakfast a little later (9-9:30) and lunch around 12/1pm with lots of water to tide me over in between. I'm starving when I get home but a 6/7:00 dinner with my snack at 8ish seems to be working to keep from being very hungry. I want you all to know that this diet is really easy once you get past the first week or two and you see the weight and INCHES coming off so fast. You figure out which foods you love and which ones you hate and you'll get into a routine. I liked it because it didn't entail a lot of preplanning. I could just grab two envelopes and my veggies (salad or fresh veggies to microwave at work) and off I'd go to work. In a pinch I'd just run to the grocery store at lunch for a store bought salad. I'd keep my Walden farms dressing at work plus extra IP meals in my desk. I was never a big cook but found I loved roasting my veggies or steaming them to have with my steak, fish, chicken or pork. I also learned to love new veggies like cauliflower and brussell sprouts. Try the Cauliflower rice it is soooo good. Leftover roasted veggies are great for lunch too. So here I am again battling the bulge. It's so frustrating that we let ourselves fall back into our bad eating habits after all the hard work we go through. Just know that this diet although expensive is the fastest I've ever lost 30 lbs. There are alternative products out there but do your homework to compare. Love Premier Protein Shakes and Pure Protein Bars as occasional substitutes. YOU CAN DO THIS!! and so can I AGAIN!
  • Hi everyone! Nice to meet you. I'm going for my initial WI tomorrow, and should be starting the program on Friday.

I'm really excited but also nervous. I've lost the weight a few times, but have always gained it back...and then some. Now I'm ready to be done with all this yo-yo nonsense. IP seems like an effective way to just plow through it. I have about 80-100 lbs. to lose.
  • Agreed, Harleygirl58! We CAN do it, and so can you! Nice to hear your story--thanks for sharing it with us! Colombia! Aruba! Your life sounds a lot more fun than mine. Haha.

Lettuce, welcome! You've got NOTHING to be nervous about. First of all, Ideal Protein works. Second of all, we've got your back! Good luck tomorrow! (Also, I like your username. Lettuce will be a big part of your life soon!)
  • Week two, getting easier
  • Definitely getting easier, but for my current headache. I missed my snack time. I'll make it up as dessert...

Lindora cheesecake packets plus a dash of pumpkin spice is fantastic.
  • Thank you IdealAnnie...you are down 5 pounds..wohhoooo
  • Quote: It gets easier every day

It is getting easier everyday.