Getting Out of The 280s & 270s

You're on Page 26 of 26
Go to
  • Thinking of you all as I work on my first 32 ounces of water. Healthy breakfast, less healthy lunch and a plan to work out this evening.
    Wearing my Fitbit zip.
    Weighed in at 263 this morning.

So Is the trend to move from board to board as you lose or is there a good place to call home.

Momtopands,
    What kind of boot camp are you doing? I’ll see if that cookbook is available through library. Thanks for suggestion.
  • Hi all,
    Thanks for the cookbook suggestions. I downloaded them from the library and look forward to getting into them (the library had 2 diet Taste of Home versions).
    I’ve had 70+ ounces of water today. Husband made spaghetti for dinner.
    Spent 35 minutes on the elliptical and worked up a sweat. Did a couple of reps of an arm extension with 3 lb weights. I’m starting from scratch. Took a couple of flights of stairs at work today. So winded but I’ll try to keep adding that in.

What kinds of boot camps are you all doing? What is the format like? I’m so out of the loop.

Hope everyone had a good day!
  • Quote: Thinking of you all as I work on my first 32 ounces of water. Healthy breakfast, less healthy lunch and a plan to work out this evening.
    Wearing my Fitbit zip.
    Weighed in at 263 this morning.

So Is the trend to move from board to board as you lose or is there a good place to call home.
    Yes, people tend to move from board to board as they lose. I hang out in the daily check in thread the most. The January one is here.
    https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100...ty-thread.html
  • dallasgirl1 The workouts I do are found on bootcamphub.com. They are all online and you can choose from many different coaches. Most are around 30 minutes or less and you work at your own ability. This has worked out very well for me since I don't like gyms at all and I am too out of shape to play tennis at this time(though i'm working on changing that!). There are also several other components to boot camp hub, challenges, daily missions, weekly assignments and there's a nutrition piece available. You just do what you want.
  • Hi,
    About to go to sleep after long day but wanted to check in.
    Drank 64+ ounces water.
    Food needs to be consistently more thoughtful. Took stairs in bldg some today. No workout but plan to do so tomorrow. Thanks for the link to the other boards and for the boot camp link. I’ve been through vhs and then dvd but haven’t moved onto online workouts yet.

Goodnight all!
  • Good morning,
    Water bottle filled (saw a short Nalgene bottle yesterday that I now want too. Lol).
    Wheaties for breakfast.
    I need some new shirts and was wondering if you all have plus favorites?
    I usually shop Kohl’s and Macy’s for dress pants. ModCloth for casual dresses. Lane Bryant has nice sweaters sometimes but they’re tops are usually too busty for my shape. I’d love some new ideas. Especially for sleeveless tops to wear under sweaters/cardigans.
    Hope everyone has a healthy day!
  • Hi all,
    It looks like it might be a slow time for the kind of accountability I was hoping to share in but I’m trying to keep up momentum this week and will continue to post. I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and did some arm/3lb weight reps again today. Working on 3rd 32 ounce bottle of water. Good and bad food choices but trying to journal food/calories again to get an idea how much I’m consuming. Need to get to grocery this weekend for more healthy snack and lunch options (especially at work).
    This is the first time I’ve felt like I could get back to that fitness oriented place in a long, long time. Hoping it continues to strengthen. Goodnight!
  • dallasgirl1 Congrats on keeping up your workouts! It's difficult to do so you're succeeding there. As far as your question about new tops, I love the Avenue. I buy almost all my clothes there. I'm not a huge shopper so I don't like going from store to store. This seems to be my one stop shop for everything from tops, to swimwear, underwear to sleepwear and they're always having some kind of sale. If you ever buy anything online that you don't like or doesn't fit like you expected you can return it to an actual store rather than shipping it back. See if there's one in your area! This is the first time that i've tried counting calories and so far it's working out great. I like to cook, and i've found that it's the only way I can lose weight so fast food stops are rare for now. Glad your library has those TOH diet cookbooks. When you get them I hope you find something that sounds good and will work for you!
  • Quote: dallasgirl1 Congrats on keeping up your workouts! It's difficult to do so you're succeeding there. As far as your question about new tops, I love the Avenue. I buy almost all my clothes there. I'm not a huge shopper so I don't like going from store to store. This seems to be my one stop shop for everything from tops, to swimwear, underwear to sleepwear and they're always having some kind of sale. If you ever buy anything online that you don't like or doesn't fit like you expected you can return it to an actual store rather than shipping it back. See if there's one in your area! This is the first time that i've tried counting calories and so far it's working out great. I like to cook, and i've found that it's the only way I can lose weight so fast food stops are rare for now. Glad your library has those TOH diet cookbooks. When you get them I hope you find something that sounds good and will work for you!
    Thank you for the post! I just worked out and still feeling the good momentum. I’m loving the forum and found a very active January check in board on Friday. I wish I didn’t find so much motivation like that as I feel I shouldn’t rely on others for this success but posting and supporting does keep me on task.
    I’m super excited to check out the avenue! Thanks for the info. Hope your weekend has been good!
  • Thanks dallasgirl1, my weekend was good. I work every weekend, night shift, but I managed to stay on target with my eating. As far as checking in there's no shame in needing support from others. We none of us are an island and I feel we were meant to rely on one another. This is be best part of weight watchers for me, the meetings of people that understood my struggle! I love the challenges under Chicks up for a challenge, they help keep me motivated. I'm glad you've found another board to connect with here!

Today I weighed in at 282.6, I repeated it several times because I almost couldn't believe it!
  • Quote: Thanks dallasgirl1, my weekend was good. I work every weekend, night shift, but I managed to stay on target with my eating. As far as checking in there's no shame in needing support from others. We none of us are an island and I feel we were meant to rely on one another. This is be best part of weight watchers for me, the meetings of people that understood my struggle! I love the challenges under Chicks up for a challenge, they help keep me motivated. I'm glad you've found another board to connect with here!

Today I weighed in at 282.6, I repeated it several times because I almost couldn't believe it!
    That is awesome!! And nice on staying on track.

I just worked out. 45 min on elliptical and free weight arm reps.
    Reading calorie goals and what people are coming in at is a little overwhelming. I think I had less than 2000 today which sadly may be progress... I’ll keep plugging along.

Not weighing in till Friday. Off to bed, goodnight!
  • This is the first time i'm counting calories and i'm at 1800 per day as my goal. I'm shocked at how much I can eat and be full/satisfied. Whatever plan you choose you can be successful!
  • Hi Momtopands,
    I just hit my 4 week anniversary of working out, good water intake and posting and wanted to check in and see how you’re doing?
    Food is still very much my downfall but I’m hoping that I’m working towards permanent good changes in a steady fashion.

It’s hitting me how much I’m going to have to cut back to see a loss though. I’m trying to focus on how much better I’m already feeling. If I could do a week of regimental calories, I know I’d see a motivating drop. I’ll see what I can do this week but the calories from the weekend could take awhile to make up for.

Hope things are going well!
  • Great job on a whole month of working out and meeting your water goals! Adding in eating is just the next step! I can certainly understand the concern about how you will have to cut down to lose weight but it's not as much as you think. You can be very satisfied with less calories eaten and portion control. I don't know if you like fruits/veggies but those help as well. I'm also NOT a low carb dieter. I eat them all, just controlled portions. Check out the my fitness pal app. You can search for most foods and fast food items plus add in any personal recipes to see the calories. You just might be surprised.

I am doing well, since my last post here i'm down another 2.4lbs! I'm at 280.2 today, I even briefly dipped down to 278.9 but right back to the very low 280's and have hung here for about a week but this is still progress. I am down 12.1lbs since starting at the beginning of the year and am almost at my goal for the January to spring challenge! Do you like challenges? If you think it might help motivate you come join one of the challenges! There is a monthly exercise challenge that you're already doing, plus several weight loss challenges. People are really nice and you might find it is the last push you need to add eating to your plan!