Home of the 100% (no cheat zone) Volume 35

You're on Page 6 of 14
Go to
  • Lisa - hope you can get your schedule to work for the water exercise classes! I run into the same problem finding exercise classes that fit....I work full time, and the local YMCA barely offers any classes in the early morning, the evening ones always seem to coincide with one of the kids' activities. Seems like all the classes I'd REALLY love to take happen during mother's hours, so for now it's me, my DVD player and my living room...thank goodness my downstairs neighbor doesn't mind
  • Quote: Lisa - hope you can get your schedule to work for the water exercise classes! I run into the same problem finding exercise classes that fit....I work full time, and the local YMCA barely offers any classes in the early morning, the evening ones always seem to coincide with one of the kids' activities. Seems like all the classes I'd REALLY love to take happen during mother's hours, so for now it's me, my DVD player and my living room...thank goodness my downstairs neighbor doesn't mind
    Thanks. I got the home workouts "down". This is a struggle with the pool times I really think some water "therapy" will be very helpful.
  • Quote: Thanks. I got the home workouts "down". This is a struggle with the pool times I really think some water "therapy" will be very helpful.
    I getcha, Lisa... right now my schedule precludes any Aquacize as I am working during class times . Just gonna keep going for walks with DH and getting out to the ski area for a good X-C ski when possible.
    Hopefully pool times will get worked out. Perhaps they can let you use the one end of a lap lane on a quiet lane-swim time? That's what I did for a bit when the schedule wouldn't allow anything else. Deep water run in the deep end of the least used lap lane, keeping an eye out for length swimmers and moving out of the way when necessary.

Liana
  • Hello everyone! I also have issues finding an exercise class that coincides with "busy working mom" schedules. In my town, the great exercise classes are during the day for those stay-at-home moms who can easily go while the centers babysit. It is going to be impossible for me now. I had finally made the decision to resign my job (after 15 years) so that I can focus on my school full time. There have been many teacher switches in the past couple of weeks and now I am working half time, going to school full time on top of the mom stuff. I feel good about it, but it is going to be an adjustment for myself and my family. I work in Special Ed and they are working on rebuilding some of the programs to be like the program I work in. I was asked to take over as a long-term sub until they can fill the position. It means a lot that they want me and were willing to work with my schedule to allow me to be there as much as possible. I feel pretty good today. I was even asked by a few coworkers today if I had lost weight again! Crazy life but dealing with it. Hopefully I can catch up on more posts this weekend to see how everyone is doing. Happy Monday everyone!
  • Hi all! Just checking in while waiting for an evening meeting to start. Very long day, but still sticking to plan 100%!
  • Quote: Hi all! Just checking in while waiting for an evening meeting to start. Very long day, but still sticking to plan 100%!
    YAY!!! Same here! 100% OP
  • Bump!

Hi 100%ers! Just wanted to say hi and bump this up.
  • Found this on the second page, so another bump up!

Busy, busy, busy at work, but staying 100%. Maybe being so busy keeps me from thinking about eating and helps we stay OP.

Hope all you 100%ers are having a great day!
  • Hi Everyone! Thanks for bumping the thread! I have been extremely busy these days but staying 100% and reading threads off and on to keep my motivation. I will soon be covering/long term subbing for our special education teacher so I am learning many new things. I am feeling overwhelmed but so grateful for the experience. I have great help with the other special ed teachers and I believe it is going to be Okay! I peeked at the scale this morning and was thrilled to be down another 2 pounds since Saturday morning! I shouldn't have stepped on the scale until this coming Saturday but I couldn't help myself! I am feeling so good being 3 weeks into the program and by the time my new work schedule and school schedule start, I will be well on my way and back into the Phase 1 routine. I forget how simple it is!!!!
  • No cheat today. Like everyone else's post very busy at work ( must be the new year stuff going on) Good Job everyone, keep up the good work!
  • well I haven't cheated yet and don't plan too. I am alsostrictly using IP products, so does that make me a 100% er? lol
  • Quote: well I haven't cheated yet and don't plan too. I am alsostrictly using IP products, so does that make me a 100% er? lol
    LOL 100% just means following the program 100%, whether you are using IP, alternatives, or a combination This is the no cheats zone!
  • Hi, I'm new here! I just started IP today. My doctor suggested you guys I have a long way to go, but I'm committed to getting healthy and staying on plan. Actually my doctor said yesterday, "Don't cheat. Don't waste my time and don't waste your money." I plan to do neither!
  • Quote: I forget how simple it is!!!!
    I love this about Phase 1.

On another note, my local Nutrition Smart is now carrying Quest chips. I didn't buy any because I'm satisfied with the bars for now. They are the individual chip bags that feel that they are filled with more air than chips - LOL. Not too sure I'll be satisfied with one bag. I also received a 10% discount for buying 14 bars at a time.

Enjoy your 100% OP day ladies.
  • Quote: I love this about Phase 1.

On another note, my local Nutrition Smart is now carrying Quest chips. I didn't buy any because I'm satisfied with the bars for now. They are the individual chip bags that feel that they are filled with more air than chips - LOL. Not too sure I'll be satisfied with one bag. I also received a 10% discount for buying 14 bars at a time.

Enjoy your 100% OP day ladies.
    I totally understand your worry about being tempted to eat more. My experience is that the Quest chips are very filling. There is a lot of air in the bag, but I think that is to keep them from being smashed to bits in transport--they are light (like a baked Lays) and can easily get smooshed. The serving size feels quite generous. If you end up trying them, my favorites are the BBQ and then the Cheddar.