Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 12:48 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
If you end up trying them, my favorites are the BBQ and then the Cheddar.
Thanks for the suggestions, i just may pick up a few to try.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #92  
Emporium owner

S/C/G: 265/179/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonkey5 View Post
Hi, I'm new here! I just started IP today. My doctor suggested you guys I have a long way to go, but I'm committed to getting healthy and staying on plan. Actually my doctor said yesterday, "Don't cheat. Don't waste my time and don't waste your money." I plan to do neither!
The great thing about this diet is that all you have to do is eat the three IP meals, 4 cups of veggies from the list and an 8oz piece of meat and you will end up thin. They make it so easy, you just don't stick anything else in your face that isn't what they give you. It is in my nature to overthink things, and try to modify, tune, experiment and ultimatly add to it and this protocol prohibits all that and tells me no stupid, you eat this and only this and you will loose the weight.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #93  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

Have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonkey5 View Post
Hi, I'm new here! I just started IP today. My doctor suggested you guys I have a long way to go, but I'm committed to getting healthy and staying on plan. Actually my doctor said yesterday, "Don't cheat. Don't waste my time and don't waste your money." I plan to do neither!
Welcome, bluemonkey!! You're in the right place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
My experience is that the Quest chips are very filling. There is a lot of air in the bag, but I think that is to keep them from being smashed to bits in transport- The serving size feels quite generous. If you end up trying them, my favorites are the BBQ and then the Cheddar.
Thanks! I'm going to try these. I love the Quest brownie bars and have one each afternoon for my snack. If I can tear myself away from the chocolaty taste of these bars, I'll try the chips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
The great thing about this diet is that all you have to do is eat the three IP meals, 4 cups of veggies from the list and an 8oz piece of meat and you will end up thin. They make it so easy.
So true, Ted. That's why I like it also. It works and there's no thinking involved.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #94  

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE the Quest chips! I take the big chips out and place on a napkin and throw all the crumbs on my salads everyday at lunch. I also love that I have an unrestricted option that is a quick grab and go.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #95  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I LOVE the Quest chips! I take the big chips out and place on a napkin and throw all the crumbs on my salads everyday at lunch. I also love that I have an unrestricted option that is a quick grab and go.
i just tried the sea salt ones yesterday, they were pretty good. i love the salty exterior! and LOVE the CRUNCH!!!

i have a bbq pack that i have yet to try but i am looking forward to them!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i just tried the sea salt ones yesterday, they were pretty good. i love the salty exterior! and LOVE the CRUNCH!!!

i have a bbq pack that i have yet to try but i am looking forward to them!
My favorite chips are the BBQ and Sour Cream and Onion.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:49 PM   #97  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

I may have to try those chips. Definitely like the Quest bars and will need to order more soon... I also have some vanilla powder that I have not opened yet (using up some other stuff first).

Has anybody tried the Quest pasta?
Old 01-15-2015, 08:55 PM   #98  

Quote:
The great thing about this diet is that all you have to do is eat the three IP meals, 4 cups of veggies from the list and an 8oz piece of meat and you will end up thin. They make it so easy, you just don't stick anything else in your face that isn't what they give you. It is in my nature to overthink things, and try to modify, tune, experiment and ultimatly add to it and this protocol prohibits all that and tells me no stupid, you eat this and only this and you will loose the weight.
That's the way I look at it.
It is so easy when we don't have to overthink!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
I may have to try those chips. Definitely like the Quest bars and will need to order more soon... I also have some vanilla powder that I have not opened yet (using up some other stuff first).

Has anybody tried the Quest pasta?
I have not heard good things about the pasta, but everyone has different tastes. I use zucchini noodles in place of my pasta or use the IP rotini.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:50 PM   #100  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
i wish i could have this mentality! i truly do.

i wish i was a color within the lines kind of person. i am just not.

i wish i could be this diligent. i am not.

i don't want a pack of 8 crayons...i want a pack of 120!

i wish i could accept most things as they are, but i can't seem to.

my intent is not to be rebellious. i just have this immense curiosity that
always seems to question WHY?

you know...like the little kid that has a forever ending why...why...but why...WHY???

i am struggling this time around...to find a place to "fit" into within the IP threads without misleading anyone or causing anyone to stumble.

i am NOT 100%. i guess i never was really. i was 100% to ME.

i liked the 100% thread because it was so inspiring. i liked "feeling" 100% even if i didn't follow the "pages" exactly. i had good success. i lost a lot of weight. as a food addict...i was as 100% as i could be.

i loved posting in the daily what are you eating..it made me FEEL 100%
even if all of the menu items were not
it made me feel 100% accountable to ME

i am back on a regiment but not 100% IP. but i AM 100% committed.
i am a food addict. creating helps me find a balance.

now if i could just find my spot!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
i wish i could have this mentality! i truly do.

i wish i was a color within the lines kind of person. i am just not.

i wish i could be this diligent. i am not.

i don't want a pack of 8 crayons...i want a pack of 120!

i wish i could accept most things as they are, but i can't seem to.

my intent is not to be rebellious. i just have this immense curiosity that
always seems to question WHY?

you know...like the little kid that has a forever ending why...why...but why...WHY???

i am struggling this time around...to find a place to "fit" into within the IP threads without misleading anyone or causing anyone to stumble.

i am NOT 100%. i guess i never was really. i was 100% to ME.

i liked the 100% thread because it was so inspiring. i liked "feeling" 100% even if i didn't follow the "pages" exactly. i had good success. i lost a lot of weight. as a food addict...i was as 100% as i could be.

i loved posting in the daily what are you eating..it made me FEEL 100%
even if all of the menu items were not
it made me feel 100% accountable to ME

i am back on a regiment but not 100% IP. but i AM 100% committed.
i am a food addict. creating helps me find a balance.

now if i could just find my spot!
I relate so much to what you said! Maybe we need a 95% thread??
Old 01-16-2015, 06:33 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Maybe we need a 95% thread??
Please don't. Some people starred something like that a while back and it just became an in-fighting thing ( I don't think anyone got to goal , either). The best place is to just use the daily chat. That is the place that has always "built community".
Old 01-16-2015, 07:57 AM   #103  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Losing weight is a struggle. I totally get that. I've been struggling with my weight since I turned 35. But for me, right now, a big motivator to my dieting and losing weight is my health. Being so overweight, I was starting to have health problems -- and the problems seemed to be getting more and more serious over time. Being 57.5 years old, I just wasn't getting the "free pass" in that area that I was getting in my 30's and 40's.

Is being 100% on the IP Diet hard for me? Not really. I actually think that for me being 100% IP is easier -- since my body (my mind? whatever!) actually forgets about all the little cheat foods. I just get into a routine and it's not that bad or difficult (for me at least) -- it just starts feeling normal (like this is the way I am eating now).

My struggles have always happened when I stop dieting (and start occasionally eating those little cheat foods that I know I shouldn't). Then over time, I would find that I am eating the bad foods more and more and the healthy foods less and less -- and things just seem to snowball ... and I would eventually end up back where I started.

That's why this time I don't plan on stopping, but instead will make this "eating healthy and exercising" routine a lifestyle change.

But I am sure of one thing, if I was trying the IP diet at 90% or even 95%, I would have probably lost some weight, but not nearly as much, nearly as fast. And for me, I am really motivated to get this darned extra weight off, as quickly as I can in a healthy way ... and keep it off.

In any event, I am sympathetic to all with this weight struggle, I totally understand what you are going though. And by "all", I really mean one-third of all of America, which is the official number of American adults that are obese (BMI>30). That's over 100 million Americans.

If the best you can do is be 90% on the IP diet (or any diet) and lose a little bit of weight, that's still a good thing. We all have to find our own path. And believe me, when it comes to dieting, I have been there and done that. I guess the bottom line for me is even losing 1 pound is good, that's one less pound less you are carrying around causing health issues. So keep at it, in any way you can. We are all rooting for you.

As for my little weight loss chart, I am excited as heck at the prospect of perhaps being in the 240's in a month (4 short weeks, that's not that far away!!). And I know for a fact (for me and my body) that being 100% on the IP diet, I can make it there sometime in February. A "time and distance goal" that I am positive I could NOT reach if I was only 90% on the IP diet. But that's me, I can't really talk about anyone else.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 01-16-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:20 AM   #104  
started IP 7/17/2012

Quote:
i wish i could have this mentality! i truly do.... now if i could just find my spot!
Rainbow - you know you always have a spot on the 50+ thread!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #105  
started IP 7/17/2012

Avalon - Amazing weight loss chart - you have really come a long way!

My challenge today will be going to the movies, but I will just bring along a Quest bar for my snack and eat it slowly in very small bites, while everyone else chows down on popcorn. Really want to see this move - Selma - or I might choose to avoid this situation entirely.
Closed Thread