~*Delicious for Christmas & New Year 2014*~

You're on Page 2 of 16
Go to
  • I just added sorry I'm late.This time last year I gave up.im determined on not letting that happen.im sitting at 143 and I need to start dropping.my grandmother will be here on December 17 and I want to be 129 by then I hope.i have a fracture in my l5vertabre and I'm on my second week off of work.No gym for me because it hurts.i need to watch what im eating.Im sure happy with what I ate on the cruise and the weight did go right back to normal.
  • Awesome! I am taking classes at my local gym. I started last week and Im hooked. I go four times a week (2 to zumba and 2 to water aerobics.) I didn't lose any yet but my muscles are sore and I feel more energized. Thats enough for now!
    I need to get back to calorie counting or at least making sure I eat enough fruits and vegetables. I feel like when I get that down, my body just follows suit in not craving junky things and my calories are naturally less and more dense.
    Good luck everyone!!
  • I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing; just stay on plan and I'm good to go! I hate exercising, so I'm trying to force myself to do more of that.
  • I'm going to keep doing parkour once or twice a week for muscle building/maintaining and for fun exercising but I'm also planning on doing some hiking in the mornings to help burn some more calories. I'm also doing a version of Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live plan where I eat mostly veggies, fruits, beans and nuts/seeds with limited foods that are less nutrient dense. I don't cook much but I've been doing well the last few days eating green smoothies with fruit, handful of nuts, seeds (flax, hemp, chia) and spinach/lettuce, tofu chili (store bought) with added veggies, edamame quinoa salad with veggies, sprouted bread with peanut/almond butter, lentil soup (store bought) with extra veggies and a bean burrito with sprouted tortilla and guacamole. I feel much better when I'm eating healthy filling food that also tastes really delicious. Finally starting to believe that I can finally make it to my goal weight!
  • I haven't been on this site in literally YEARS but I'm back baby!!! Strong through the holidays, let's do this
  • hilarious - I love Zumba! I know most people do, but I figured I'd say it. I was a member at a gym for a short while before it became too time consuming to get there and back home, but Zumba was my favourite thing to do. I'm the same way, once I start eating better all the cravings seem to vanish.

Draconic - I love your avatar, took me ages to get that Pokemon haha. Have you tried lots of different exercises?

Zucena - Woohoo, you can most definitely make your goal! Your eating habits are really good...I wish I had that level of dedication. I fail big time at getting in veggies, I tried juicing and I liked it but I'm much more likely to reach for a sandwich that cut the veggies up and juice them. I know it's not that hard, it's purely a mental thing at this point. Do you have any good juice recipes?

jazzang - Welcome back!! I remember you being in my other challenges, it's great to see you . Let's do this!
  • Hey yall. Can I still join??
  • Quote: Hey yall. Can I still join??
    Yes! Just have a gander at the rules and sign up . Welcome.
  • Riestrella - I remember you too! you rock at running challenges. I'm super pumped for this one. It's exactly what I need right now. I'm currently training for a trail marathon in January, and also my best friend is getting married next year and I want to like the pictures
  • Ok great, I'm all joined!
  • Quote: hilarious - I love Zumba! I know most people do, but I figured I'd say it. I was a member at a gym for a short while before it became too time consuming to get there and back home, but Zumba was my favourite thing to do. I'm the same way, once I start eating better all the cravings seem to vanish.

Draconic - I love your avatar, took me ages to get that Pokemon haha. Have you tried lots of different exercises?

Zucena - Woohoo, you can most definitely make your goal! Your eating habits are really good...I wish I had that level of dedication. I fail big time at getting in veggies, I tried juicing and I liked it but I'm much more likely to reach for a sandwich that cut the veggies up and juice them. I know it's not that hard, it's purely a mental thing at this point. Do you have any good juice recipes?

jazzang - Welcome back!! I remember you being in my other challenges, it's great to see you . Let's do this!
    Thanks! I've tried doing a few different things, namely Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and p90x, but I always get bored and end up quitting. I need to find something that distracts me while exercising.
  • I'm popping over here too from the 30 something's since they're a much quieter group. I hope that's okay. I definitely need the extra accountability.
  • DraconicDreams I feel your pain about needing to be distracted by exercising! One of my go to exercises when I'm in a rush is to hop on the elliptical we have here at the house. I got lucky and found a really good one on craigslist a family was getting rid of for more space, worked out for me though! We have a TV with it and a PS3, so I get on it for 30 minutes and play a video game. The video game definitely helps make the time disappear! I get so focused on beating the game I forget I'm exercising. I still try to mix it up though and get outside too at least once a week. I hope you find something that works for you!

I am exhausted! I have planted 500 bulbs in my front yard in the past two days. I am so sore all over (especially my back and arms) from digging up large areas and planting them all. If they don't look amazing in the spring, I will be a bit peeved, because that was a lot of work!! I'm counting 3 hrs yesterday and today gardening as my exercise, because I can definitely feel it in my muscles. With any luck this spring I will have gorgeous crocus, muscari, tulips, and daffodils *fingers crossed*!

I'm still holding in the 197s, still working out though, so I'm expecting weight loss to be super slow... I just wish things would speed up a bit! These days I would kill for a pound a week, but it's just not happening.
  • I didn't lose anything last week, but that's okay! I've had quite a few NSV's this week! So many of my family members and friends have been telling me that I look so much thinner. I catch myself crossing my legs and it's actually a comfortable way to sit now. I was also having gallstone attacks and decided to approach it by eating healthier rather than getting my gallbladder out and I haven't had an attack in over a month!

I'm so excited to be much healthier. I feel much more patient with the weight loss for once in my life. I'm just happy to not be gaining and to be feeling healthier.
  • Just joined in and excited to get going! Hopefully this will increase my motivation, I've been able to persuade myself to eat bad things really easily lately... :/