New to this site - 33 y.o., approx. 75 lbs. to lose

• Hello! Great to be here. I'm a 33 y.o. female. I have approximately 75 lbs. to lost. Over the past week, I've been cutting portions and paying more attention t what I'm eating. Went to the grocery store today and loaded up on all of the healthy stuff. I haven't necessarily decided on a specific plan, but I certainly intend to focus on portion control, lowering my carb intake, and keeping track of calories. I'm hoping to get to a gym, but I may have to start workouts at home first. My weight has been up and down all of my life. I have lost weight a few times over the past few years, but have been fluctuating between 182-235. I'm currently at 218. I started gaining all of my weight back when I had to start using insulin for my diabetes. Oh, what fun stuff! Ugh!. Well, that's me in a nutshell. I can't wait to really dive into the boards!!
  • Welcome Madison! I think you'll like it here!

By the way, nothing wrong with working out at home,you can get a great workout in your own space and there are fewer reasons to skip it out of inconvenience!
  • Hi Madison, I'm new here too and while I have been reading in the forums since I joined 3FG I came upon a thread you would want to look at ---it's under Support Groups-- June Chat thread. I noticed some ladies on there talk about their blood sugar testing and diet choices.
  • Thanks so much guys!

I will definitely check out that thread...thanks!