give me a break!

• I belong to an exercise thread on another website. A woman was complaining because since having children she can't wear size four clothes anymore, and has to buy size six instead. I've NEVER been a size six, and doubt I ever will be. Just have to laugh! Guess even skinny people worry about how they look, too.

Sherry
  • OMG, that poor baby, hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA
  • I am on another list where this girl is 115 lbs and worrys all the time about gaining. Her highest was 140 lbs. I guess until we have been there we don't know. People who only need to lose 10 to 25 struggle as much as we do. I suppose if you have never had any kind of weight problem that 25 lbs would make you feel pretty bad. I know I would feel fantastic if I were only 25 lbs over weight right now.

I'm glad we have this group. It is a comfort to know everyone here needs or needed to lose a 100 or more. We all know what each other is dealing with.

Ther are some people I would just love to see have a weight problem. I guess I would not really wish that on anyone though.
  • Give me a break
    It's the Scarlett O'Hara Syndrome: "You done had a baby Miss Scarlett you ain't never gonna have a 17 inch waist again".

Frankly, I'd be happy with a 17 inch thigh!! HAHAHAHA!!

Lisa
  • That reminds me of when Barbara Bush was comparing herself to Nancy Reagan..."She's a size 3, so's my leg..."
  • And that's why I'm here instead of another forum. I have a hard time relating to size 8s whining about their weight, and they probably can't relate to me. /grin
  • I too feel irritated by smaller people who worry that they are fat, when I would give anything to be as "fat" as they are. On the other hand, maybe they are not wrong to be worried about that 25 extra pounds. If I had started worrying about my weight when it was only that much over, and tried real hard to do something about it, maybe I wouldn't be the size and in the mess that I am in now.

Gayle
  • Gayle, that is so true!!! You really hit the mark with that.

I can remember being 180 lbs for a few years and thinking that if I ever got over 200 it would just be the end of the world for me. Well I am over 200 and it hasn't been the end of the world. Still like you said I wish I had taken that 25 lbs way back when more seriously instead of thinking that I could lose it anytime. It just got worse and worse and anytime never seemed to come.
  • there is a thing i saw on a store sign one time. it said

a year from now you will wish you had started today

or something like that. it got me thinking back to all the times i thought well, i'll go on a diet when i reach 180 or i'll lose it when i reach 200 etc.