IP Daily Chat Thursday 6/5/2014

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I am seriously struggling through my salad right now. I cringe every time I take a bite. I don't know if it's bad or what, but I am not enjoying this at all.
  • Quote: It will show up. It is also time sensitive. Must be 20 days exactly, I think to the minute.
    I'm so impatient!
  • Quote: I am seriously struggling through my salad right now. I cringe every time I take a bite. I don't know if it's bad or what, but I am not enjoying this at all.
    OMG that happens to me A LOT. So much so that I never take salads for lunch. I frequently do them for dinner with my 8 ounces of meat on top. But it seems like whenever I have a salad for lunch I just never get full. The other thing is that if my IP packet is sweet, I'm not a big fan of having a salad with something sweet.

I've been making zucchini bread with my potato purée. And cutting it open and making like a veggie sandwich inside of it with lots of lettuce. That seems to fill me up. I can even take a shake or soup with vegetables pureed into them, and just some loose lettuce leaves on the side. I got that idea from Ruth Ann. For some reason I can munch plain lettuce leaves a lot easier than the salad goes down.

Right now I'm having a chocolate coffee smoothie with greens puréed in. I usually use spinach, but I picked up my CSA last night and there were carrots with the top still attached. So it's carrot tops in my smoothie (greens only). Kind of funky tasting, but I didn't want them to go to waste. If I ever do it again, I will probably also add some Torani sugar-free syrup. Neither my husband nor I are very big fans of carrots. And of course I don't have them on IP. So I'm getting creative and roasting them and then putting them in a batter for some Paleo pancakes that my husband will eat.
  • Quote: Ugh. We're NEA. If I had a similar situation, I'd probably call the NEA office and ask questions before making a stink with whoever denied it. They're good at offering advice.
    Thanks. I wish we had someone on our side to call with things like this. I have a message in to see if it can be changed, but if it can't...
  • Pishposh: What kind of dressing if any are you using? I can't stomach the WF ones, unless it is the thousand island one for the big mac in a bowl. The only way I can get down salad is if I do a mixture of vinegar and then some olive oil and of course salt and pepper. I was taking just stemed veggies to work because I didn't like just plain salad.
  • Quote: OMG that happens to me A LOT. So much so that I never take salads for lunch. I frequently do them for dinner with my 8 ounces of meat on top. But it seems like whenever I have a salad for lunch I just never get full. The other thing is that if my IP packet is sweet, I'm not a big fan of having a salad with something sweet.

I've been making zucchini bread with my potato purée. And cutting it open and making like a veggie sandwich inside of it with lots of lettuce. That seems to fill me up. I can even take a shake or soup with vegetables pureed into them, and just some loose lettuce leaves on the side. I got that idea from Ruth Ann. For some reason I can munch plain lettuce leaves a lot easier than the salad goes down.

Right now I'm having a chocolate coffee smoothie with greens puréed in. I usually use spinach, but I picked up my CSA last night and there were carrots with the top still attached. So it's carrot tops in my smoothie (greens only). Kind of funky tasting, but I didn't want them to go to waste. If I ever do it again, I will probably also add some Torani sugar-free syrup. Neither my husband nor I are very big fans of carrots. And of course I don't have them on IP. So I'm getting creative and roasting them and then putting them in a batter for some Paleo pancakes that my husband will eat.
    Interesting, I didn't even think of carrot tops being edible, but I guess they are greens like everything else! When I was making my salad this morning before I left for work I knew in my gut I should have made something else but I didn't have a lot of time. That's what I get for not planning ahead I guess.
  • Quote: Pishposh: What kind of dressing if any are you using? I can't stomach the WF ones, unless it is the thousand island one for the big mac in a bowl. The only way I can get down salad is if I do a mixture of vinegar and then some olive oil and of course salt and pepper. I was taking just stemed veggies to work because I didn't like just plain salad.
    I'm using the WF creamy bacon, which I usually like, but I just think I don't have the taste for raw veggies today. I should probably make my own dressing more often, because I do gag on the WF sometimes. Really I just need to use an evening each week to cook all of my lunches ahead of time so I can just grab and go. Making stuff in the morning clearly isn't working!
  • Lost 1 lb this week. I know it is because of TOM, so I am focused on just staying OP and seeing the results next week. 24 lbs in 4 weeks is noting to be bummed about! Thanks for all the support.
  • Test

I made my ticker and it said that I could paste it into my post...

• Quote: So frustrated at work. Just wondering if I should make a stink or just shut up and ride it out.

So, I have an appt next week, so I put in for a few hours of sick leave. Should be in by eleven A.M. I only need one class covered, and it is the last full day of classes for the kids, so no new content will be delivered. Exams will also be complete by then. Well, it was denied, with the excuse that we are asked to not take personal time the last two weeks of school.

First, this is not personal time, it is medical leave time. Second, I scheduled it purposely next week (and not this week or last) so that I would be here to review with my kids and prep them for exams and not leave that to a sub. In fact, I may have taken ONE sick day all year and NO personal time. I feel super disrespected as a professional.

So, do I make a stink or suck it up?

Thanks for letting me vent. Back to my grilled chicken and cabbage lunch.
    I think that depends on you, is it something you can reschedule for after class, or the next week? I personally haven't ever been denied my leave time so I'm not sure what I would do. Sorry I'm not a lot of help
  • So I'm glad I was able to keep myself from getting my hopes up, hopped on the scale this morning looking for onederland.... was 200.8 yesterday... and today 202 again.... ug! LOL but I'm still good, I'll get there soon. I'm usually a big weekend loser, whoosh weekends lol, so hopefully by the time I board my plane Monday Of course now I have to mentally prepare myself for it to possibly not happen, it was a pretty big goal and I've come pretty far so even if I go on vacation at 202 I will still be happy.
  • Started IP a year ago I did so well but back in September I started traveling a lot for my job. So I chose to go off of IP and see if I could maintain my new weight. In February I started gaining some of the weight back and have now put on 13.5 pounds. I decided it is time to get IP again. Restarted on June 1st but having some trouble being 100% OP. I will get there and I know this, I'm just frustrated. I'm going to do my best to be 100% OP the rest of the week and weigh in on Sunday, I guess the scale will let me know how I'm doing.
  • Quote: Well, today was 3rd weigh in and I'm fighting not to say I only lost x amount of weight because I did lose two whole pounds and TOM was visiting me. So, I'll be happy with my two pounds! I can feel it in my stomach, my arms, my thighs, and I can see it in my face. Maybe I'll measure inches this week... hm
    Readytolive 2 lbs is a great loss.

Quote: Today I am wearing the first article of clothing that didn't fit before I started. Last night I wanted to order pizza in the worst way, but I grilled some chicken and moved on with my life. I tried the skirt on a whim this morning and it completely justified the hard choices I have been making regarding what goes in my mouth!
    Arich - Great determination and sounds like it paid off when you got the skirt on this morning

Quote: Had my weigh-in this morning. Down 3.4, for a total of 37.4.
    Great work!

Quote: Test

I made my ticker and it said that I could paste it into my post...

Love your ticker Kellyc. It is fun to update it with the losses every week.

My kids are turning 6 tomorrow, I can't believe how fast they are growing up. I am already thinking about my food for the day and what I need to do to avoid eating pizza and cake. I think I will have 8oz protien at lunch and bring IP pancake to the play place we rented and eat the veggies that we will also bring for dinner.
  • Quote: I'm using the WF creamy bacon, which I usually like, but I just think I don't have the taste for raw veggies today. I should probably make my own dressing more often, because I do gag on the WF sometimes. Really I just need to use an evening each week to cook all of my lunches ahead of time so I can just grab and go. Making stuff in the morning clearly isn't working!
    I also really like cooked veggies...on my trip a few weeks ago, I could hardly stomach salads by the end of it. I only like the WF chipotle ranch or thousand island....not the others. Sometimes I just do evoo...other thing I do is squeeze a pepperocini pepper on top. I likr salty/tangy in my salad, so it helps adding pickles and banana pepper rings also. I also use some of my IP bbq chips as croutons....mmmmm.
  • Quote: So I'm glad I was able to keep myself from getting my hopes up, hopped on the scale this morning looking for onederland... was 200.8 yesterday... and today 202 again.... ug! LOL but I'm still good, I'll get there soon. I'm usually a big weekend loser, whoosh weekends lol, so hopefully by the time I board my plane Monday Of course now I have to mentally prepare myself for it to possibly not happen, it was a pretty big goal and I've come pretty far so even if I go on vacation at 202 I will still be happy.
    You'll come back from vacay to see it...it'll be a nice wrlcome home present. I can't seem to get to my 20lb lost mark....the moment I taste it, I swear i'm up like 3 lbs. Makes me realize how arbitrary my weigh-ins really are. I may need to put my scale away for a whole week as i'm driving myself crazy with it!!!!!