New: Fat Camp 12-week - Sizzling Summer Challenge - 6-15-14 To 9-7-14

You're on Page 18 of 19
Go to
  • I've been MIA on holidays this week, had a great time and tried to eat well but didn't say no to treats either, feeling really energized now, I can focus on my health and weight loss without anything getting in the way.
  • Hello all! Been super busy so I didn't get to check in last week, but my weight didn't change. This week however I weighed in at 206.8. Can someone please record it in the spreadsheet?

Thanks!

• HI EVERYONE!

Aryastark:
    Glad you enjoyed your vacation and feel energized! Hope you have a good week and maintain that renewed energy.

Wvuchick:
    I entered your prior weight as 209.2 and current weight as 206.8. Congrats on your loss! Hope you have a good week.

Munchey

• HEY CAMPERS! WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS AND ALMOST HAVE THIS WEEK BEAT!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND YOUR FOCUS ON YOUR GOALS!

WE CAN DO THIS!

• ASSIGNMENT
    FOR WEEK BEGINNING 8-24-14

For the exercise assignment this week, we have a Yoga Session to try after a strength training session.
    LINK TO: A SHORT POST-STRENGTH TRAINING YOGA SESSION

In case the link doesn't work, here is the address:
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Post-Run-Yog...899049#photo-5

THIS WEEK'S MENTAL CHALLENGE

Share three things you like about yourself.
  • Three things I like about myself:

I'm a good listener and good at giving advice, I work part time as a counsellor so its an important skill to have!

I'm not afraid to try something new

I'm pretty friendly, I used to be really shy which probably made me look a bit aloof but I've worked on that over the past few years and I hope now I come across as a nice person.

I'm loving that we have a yoga challenge, I really like yoga, mentally and physically.

My weight has gone up this week but I kinda expected it with being away. Kids back in school this week means I have a lot more "me" time to do my exercise and the routine will help with eating healthy.
  • Quote: Three things I like about myself:

I'm a good listener and good at giving advice, I work part time as a counsellor so its an important skill to have!

I'm not afraid to try something new

I'm pretty friendly, I used to be really shy which probably made me look a bit aloof but I've worked on that over the past few years and I hope now I come across as a nice person.

I'm loving that we have a yoga challenge, I really like yoga, mentally and physically.

My weight has gone up this week but I kinda expected it with being away. Kids back in school this week means I have a lot more "me" time to do my exercise and the routine will help with eating healthy.
    Aryastark:
    Three great qualities! I'm sure you have many more!

I used to be very shy. I think that as I've gotten older, I've made progress with the "disease to please". I used to be afraid to speak up about things or voice a different opinion. Now, I have to restrain myself, lol. The other side of the coin is that there can be a downside to being honest and frank in some settings. (particularly in a work setting with unethical people who have power).

Hope you enjoy your week and do find some more free time.

Munchey

• Three things I like about myself:

Hope everyone has a good week. I'm still working on my struggle with "all or nothing". I won't give any excuses. I just need to do it!
    • My weight is slightly up this week but then I've been slacking on my exercise and not watchful of what I was eating. Only managed to do 30 Day Shred twice and Body Jump once. Don't really know how I got through the Body Jump as I'd been on my feet continuously the 2 days before and went to a wine festival the night before! Although I purposely didn't drink much wine I was dancing all night and I really don't know how my legs carried me through the Body Jump. Needless to say I've been resting the remainder of the weekend.

Back at it today - I'm off to do 30 Day Shred now.

Will come back later with the things I like about myself.

• Tanguito:
      Dancing is great exercise. Between that and being on your feet for long periods of time, I'm thinking you burned a lot of calories. It is understandable that you would need some rest.

I'm betting the scale will be kinder next week.

Munchey
    • Three things I like about myself

1. I can see both sides of an argument (must be the Libra in me)

2. I am easy to get on with

3. I can often come up with a logical solution to a problem.
    • Moved on to Level 3 of 30 Day Shred this morning and boy, am I feeling it!
    • Quote: Moved on to Level 3 of 30 Day Shred this morning and boy, am I feeling it!

TANGUITO:
      Good accomplishment!
    • 3 things I like about myself:
      I have an eye for detail
      I am also willing to try new things
      I am a hard worker
      It was hard to come up with things I like about myself; I always struggle with that. Most things I thought of have a good and bad component. I guess balance is what is called for.

I can see your qualities, Munchey , demonstrated in your challenges and advice to all of us.