Calling all Newbies! IP or IP using Alternatives...Let's do this!

You're on Page 31 of 34
Go to
  • Linda - I have been off the boards for a few days. I am truly sorry to see the negative posts that have been directed at you. I have known you for so many years and have never considered you negative in anyway. You are one of the most caring, thoughtful people I know. You are always so dedicated to what you are doing.

I am almost sorry I suggested that you come here for support on this getting healthy journey, but I know you will come through ok.

Keep up the positive spirit and we will get to our healthy weight before you know it!

Nancy
  • Quote: Hi Everyone. I am new also I started on May 28. My week 1 I lost 10lbs but put 4.5 back on because I ate out. Then today I cheated. I feel lousy about cheated so I join this board for support. I am determined.
    I hope we will all be able to help. You will learn pretty quick that there is no room for cheating on this diet. There are 100% people and 90% people. All out cheats though will get you no where and be very expensive.

Use all the threads here to get the most support and have your questions answered.

You can do this!!!
  • Congratulations to all you ladies who got your tickers...it's nice to see our progress in print! Now let's keep it moving!!!Hope you all have a wonderful OP day!!
    Linda I agree that you have been very supportive and great for the moral of everyone on this journey. And I love your "giant cute emoticons" keep 'em coming girlfriend!!
  • Thanks!
    Thanks for the welcome!

IP43, I nearly spit water all over my screen when I read what you wrote - you are too funny (and very gracious, too!)

This protocol really doesn't have room for all-out "cheats" (realizing that everyone makes mistakes) but that is actually the beauty of it. I know I benefit from the rigid structure of it. I need very defined limits and restrictions or I will test the limits every time.
    My current challenge is not in slipping up by having something I shouldn't, but really focusing on getting every blessed ounce of water my coach recommends into my body every day, making sure I get every supplement at the recommended time, and all my salt and oil in daily. It's harder than I want it to be, but as Lisa has shared, I have to "pick my hard" and this discipline is what I pick right now. Anyone else buckling down on this with me?
  • Hey everyone! I never looked at this thread before but I'm going for my 9 week weigh in today. Love the positive energy
    And I have been super nerdtastic about waiting for my ticker too lol
  • I woke up today and tried on a Junior Size 14....and they fit! I have been on IP for 3 weeks now. What a difference 3 weeks can make if you stick with it! One day at a day...one pound at a time...drink that water!! Have a wonderful day!
  • WI week 3
    WI day.... Nothing to report. 0 weight loss this week. Usually I would be bummed out but I feel amazing and my blood pressure is being controlled without medication... onward and up!!!!
  • Quote: But cookies are on the P1 protocol! Check out the recipe thread - I made cookies all the time on P1!

get out.. I need to check out this cookie recipe
  • Quote: WI day.... Nothing to report. 0 weight loss this week. Usually I would be bummed out but I feel amazing and my blood pressure is being controlled without medication... onward and up!!!!
    Great attitude! Week three is notorious for slow loss or no loss. Keep up the good work and hooray for no BP meds!!!!!!
  • Awesome attitude, Butterfly 2005! And you are right, getting BP under control is a huge victory!
  • YIKES I clearly have not been on the boards lately...
    Hope everyone is having a great month so far! Me not so much but I pulled out the big girl panties today and im ready to go again.
    I am completely in love with vanilla ready made and expresso with ice! Aaand my costco just got the vanilla premier protein drinks back so im super excited! Love spending $26 on 18 rather then $30 ish on 6 ♡♡♡
  • Quote: get out.. I need to check out this cookie recipe
    I'm telling you there are lots of recipes but they are all a variation on a theme (add flavour drops or spices) but the bottom line is add an egg white, 1/2 tsp baking powder and a bit of water if needed and your puddings, shakes, soups etc. will make a pasty batter that can be made into something baked. The water consistency will determine if it's a thinner wrap or a chunkier muffin.

Baker's warning: some things will be drier than cardboard when cold. These are "eat while warm and delicious" or "at the next day the latest" treats. The pancakes though, from IP cereal, I make a lot of and freeze them. What a fast way to get a non-restricted breakfast when needed.
  • Quote: WI day.... Nothing to report. 0 weight loss this week. Usually I would be bummed out but I feel amazing and my blood pressure is being controlled without medication... onward and up!!!!
    Good Job for not measuring your success by the scale. Your NSV's are wonderful, keep on stepping!!
  • Quote: I'm telling you there are lots of recipes but they are all a variation on a theme (add flavour drops or spices) but the bottom line is add an egg white, 1/2 tsp baking powder and a bit of water if needed and your puddings, shakes, soups etc. will make a pasty batter that can be made into something baked. The water consistency will determine if it's a thinner wrap or a chunkier muffin.

Baker's warning: some things will be drier than cardboard when cold. These are "eat while warm and delicious" or "at the next day the latest" treats. The pancakes though, from IP cereal, I make a lot of and freeze them. What a fast way to get a non-restricted breakfast when needed.
    My favorite was to make oatmeal & zucchini cookies (ok, they were supposed to be muffins but my muffin tin disappeared so I did them in the whoopie tin). One maple oatmeal packet, 1 cup of shredded zucchini cooked for about a minute in the microwave, 1 egg white, 1/4 tsp baking powder, a little salt and a splash of vanilla then bake at 325 for about 15 minutes. Made 6 cookies and were yummy for breakfast with my coffee.

You can do the same with the puddings and drink mixes too. I found adding the zucchini helped keep them from getting too dry and got a cup of veggies in too.

• Good Morning lovelies!!!

Week 3 WI and down another 3.4 lbs!! I'm doing my own happy dance here girls! I feel so EMPOWERED!!!!!!!! Take THAT you nasty stubborn fat cells!!!!

Onward to week 4! More focused and determined than ever!

“Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.” ~Charles F. Kettering